Is there a Screenshot button?

+
Is there a Screenshot button?

I always take screenshots when i play games and The Witcher Enhanced Edition is such a beautiful game. The problem is that I dont know which button to press and where the screenshots are stored.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Use http://www.fraps.com/download.php it's freeware and you can take as many screens as you want wthout acrobatic turn over to paint. All your screens are deposit in a seperate folder :beer:You can even make a short in-game video clip... very short cos it's freeware

np ;) a long time ago someone here recommanded fraps for screenies... it's a must have for this game just because of all the amazing locations.

Just to add:Fraps is a ver nice program but can only, if you haven't bought a license, save in bmp.And a folder full of bmps gets big!Personally I use this program and am fully satisfied: http://www.screenshot-utility.com/

I've been using fraps, very happy with it. it also allows you to save movies of the game, though I havent really used that feature. but the bmps saved are high enough quality that i can photoshop them for wallpapers and website content.

Thanks Kuplo! I bought a Asus graphicscard not so long ago and it came with a program called GamerOSD and I just found out that I can take screenshots with it and record movie clips at 30fps in 720x480 resolution (WMV).I'm not sure in what format the screenshots are captured.Is BMP a good format? I have read that the file size is huge but then the image quality must be superior, or am I wrong?Many thanks for the help!

Thanks Kuplo!I tried to take screenshots with the GamerOSD program but it didn't take any and it seem you can't change file format for your screenshots (only video format).I read a little about the GamerOSD program and it seem it doesn't work very well. Well thanks for all the information and help, I'm going to take a look at the different screen capture programs you posted.What Image format would you recomend that doesn't take much place but still maintain a very high image quality?

Sebwitcher said:
Thanks Kuplo!I tried to take screenshots with the GamerOSD program but it didn't take any and it seem you can't change file format for your screenshots (only video format).I read a little about the GamerOSD program and it seem it doesn't work very well. Well thanks for all the information and help, I'm going to take a look at the different screen capture programs you posted.What Image format would you recomend that doesn't take much place but still maintain a very high image quality?
I work as a web developer for my day job. For the websites, we use jpgs for the larger images that we want to have high quality but still maintain smaller file size, and we use gifs for the small images on the site that don't seriously need high quality OR for images that require transparency. PNGs are great for while we are actively working on an image, but you do have a risk with PNGs not displaying properly in some older browsers. So we don't really use them on the websites. So if you are interested in putting your images online, or using them for wallpaper, you are probably best off with jpgs. Also, on a side note, I use Photoshop and Fireworks for image editing, but GIMP, available at www.gimp.org is a very good freeware program for image editing. I have not used it personally, but everybody I talk to that does use it, is very happy with it.

Well guys I noticed the thread and since I too wanted a reliable program to take pictures of gameplay I downloaded screenshot_utility.Thing is, it can take nice pictures of whatever is on my desktop but when I try to capture in-game screens it just deliveres a black photo...any ideas? ???PS.Running Vista Ultimate 64-bit.

I can only recommend FRAPS. It's very easy to use and it works really well. The free version allows only bmp though as already mentioned.I also use Photoshop to convert.BTW is there a screenshot section around this forum?

I downloaded FRAPS and guess what happened...the damned thing FILLED my WHOLE HDD with videos taken from my evening gameplay session!I didn't do anything, its just recorded away!I suppose there is something wrong with the configuration but I haven't figured it out yet,,,

Oh..........did you accidentally press F9 instead of F10. F9 captures video. And there's also an option that repeats video capturing until you press F9 again. But this option should be off by default.

My dear friend that was exactly the problem.I figured it out yesterday, just after I posted in the forum.Thanks for trying to help though.The progrma is fine, if you are looking for something with related capabilities FRAPS is a really good choice :) ,

Top Bottom