is there ANYTHING that helps with driving?

+
I wonder if that's the reason that your car tend to pass under others.
That's why a semi-truck has the bumper that hangs down just off of the road. Because that's what a car does in real life if it is low to the ground, it acts like a fast moving wedge.

im trying to finish the quests with claire and i am just suffering through it. im on pc using a controller, and the sharp turns are just absolutely KILLING me. ive tried mods but they just dont help. and using different cars dont help either, im just swerving everywhere and hitting the sides and getting rammed/passed and its stressing me out. i love claire and i want to finish her quests! this is ruining the gameplay for me, no matter how many times i try it just doesnt get any easier

Download and install this Mod. https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/348
Its a simple .ini file. Wont hurt anything. Helps so much with driving.

Hand Brake(rear break) is your friend when it comes to taking a corner fast, especially on bikes. Jam the break, turn, then give it some gaz!

First play session, I killed a bunch of people just coming out of the nomad starting garage lol.
Got handling Jackie's bike and the first car you get down, but every new vehicle requires practice to figure out how it handles.

Got the Caliburn yesterday and just starting to get use to the power this one offers, so easy to get to top speed and crash with it.

When coming up to the corners, use the handbrake (space) and turn a little so the car is almost in line with the road your turning into then feather accelerate to change your angle of momentum. try and minimize and left/right input while accelerating as the car will sort-of correct itself without your input. The key in this game to taking 90 degree turns at speed is getting the initial handbrake drift angle right and the amount you feather the accelerate to keep the drift going

Driving in this game is definately a less-is-more affair as the vehicles seem to have some auto correction built in

im trying to finish the quests with claire and i am just suffering through it. im on pc using a controller, and the sharp turns are just absolutely KILLING me. ive tried mods but they just dont help. and using different cars dont help either, im just swerving everywhere and hitting the sides and getting rammed/passed and its stressing me out. i love claire and i want to finish her quests! this is ruining the gameplay for me, no matter how many times i try it just doesnt get any easier

Apparently the driving controls were better in the pre Keanu version, but once Keanu got on board he demanded that the cars handling be worse because they were outperforming his motorcycles.

That's why a semi-truck has the bumper that hangs down just off of the road. Because that's what a car does in real life if it is low to the ground, it acts like a fast moving wedge.
No. It crashes.
Any 18yo Ferrari owner would tell.

This is not a cartoon : truck wheels are not made in polystyrene, you know. There are like 80kg obstacles, with one ton off pressure on top from the truck's weigth. This is ridiculous.

Post automatically merged:

Just practice is really all you can do.

They really gotta fix that bloom
tbh turning at only 25 km/h is just hilarious.
In GTA4 you're stable on the Seattle circuit (with L turns) at 90/120. All the press told driving is at least "flawed", there migth be a reason, don't you think ?

Last edited:
No. It crashes.
Any 18yo Ferrari owner would tell.
Post automatically merged:

tbh turning at only 25 km/h is just hilarious.
In GTA4 you're stable on the Seattle circuit (with L turns) at 90/120. All the press told driving is at least "flawed", there migth be a reason, don't you think ?
That was mouse and keyboard and that bloom.... my god, That's mainly the reason I drive slow lol

thanks all, who actually gave advice. people still say get gud? is this 2012? i did manage to get it finally. just like my real driving i just gun it (but ofc i steer much better and there isnt so many twists and turns) and i almost made 2nd place but i did get first. ha!

the mod i got was better vehicle handling https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/210 and it seemed to work out for me

the mod i got was better vehicle handling https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/210 and it seemed to work out for me

That's the one I used, though I edited it with the info a few posts into the comments section there.

The cars still handle like crap, but I think with a little more tweaking, they may be drivable.

I wonder if we can get the folks from Volition/Deep Silver to give CDPR a clinic on vehicle mechanics. Cars in Saints Row 3 were a lot more maneuverable and handled much better. I could drive like a dunken monkey and still take the corners at speed without ending up in another solar system or bouncing off of everything like a ball bearing in a shoebox.

Drive normal speeds. Seriously, slow the heck down. Helps me the most. Look at the actual road MORE then the minimap. Speed up as you get more comfortable with certain areas.

With racing that'll help, its taken me a fair amount of driving around the city to get the hang of the driving.

Lot of people complaining about the minimap not being zoomed out enough so they're missing their turns. Yeah cause you're looking at the minimap and not the road. Watch the road.

Handling will vary with all the vehicles. But yeah it can feel pretty rough. And be challenging. I never fast travel and return back to my apartment a lot, thats really helped.

Last edited:

DC9V

Forum veteran
It's actually not that bad as long as you got a somewhat stable frame rate. low fps increases input lag, unstable fps makes input inconsistent. At least that's what I've learned from playing Rocket League...
Beside of that, try to slow down occasionally. Try to drive with foresight, just like in real life.
And if you're color blind, there's an option in the settings so you won't miss those red traffic lights, which - to be fair - seem to be a bit too small.

Lot of people complaining about the minimap not being zoomed out enough so they're missing their turns. Yeah cause you're looking at the minimap and not the road. Watch the road.
When driving in regular play the minimap's zoom is a problem, because looking at the road doesn't tell you if the next exit or junction is also the exit you need to take to get to your destination, unless of course you actually know the route you have to take.

In the races however, you don't need the minimap at all, because of the indicators on the road.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Did you guys know you can press Mouse Middle Click in order to center the camera view e.g. after turning 180°?
I wish I could bind it to a key...

wow i thought it could have used more races (unlike Yakuza Like a Dragon which were just a bloody task)
played on K+M, always chose claire's car (beast). Perhaps that's the key since it's not too fast and is a tank
'won' all the races, 1st in the first two with barely neck on neck in the latter, and the rest with a reload or two when evidently messed up. on the second playthrough since had exp and practice was a breeze

Yes, fast Travel points
:0

One of the nexus mods makes it a litle more bareable, but only a little...

Yeah, it does. Under the truck. Yes. These cars all have impressive armor, but of course a lower object would slip under a lower one?
?

It's not a matter of low object and high ones in CP. Any low car will pass under any car, low or not. The engne does not compare centers of mass.
It have no barycenters btw, it place its weigth in the middle of their cube, each car are like go karts. Some "4 tons" called cars does stoppies !!!

Also "armors" of sport cars LOL irl they are paper made (esp in front !) !

If you think it's normal AND LEGAL that a paper-made sportcar with paper-made roofs are designed to pass under any car I can do nothing for you !

Here's the result of the "destruction of the roof" of a ferrari vs a bus:

Last edited:
Top Bottom