Is Weather Too Powerful? (Open Beta Edition)

+
zhiphius;n8703140 said:
I think the biggest culprit is cards that nets you a unit on board and play weather (like the hounds).
You are right, these are harder to beat. Howerver, I did not see many Eredin Decks lately. Most of weather decks I meet are built on Dol Blathanna Protectors and insane amount of special cards. That is why I mentioned the above.

Laveley;n8618540 said:
Just RNR and skellige storm (and maybe drought, aint seeing many of these since RNR is so blatantly obviously better, drought should at least remove 4 points to compare to RNR). Those two take 3 to 9 points per turn, which is nuts. Also, a lot of players dont seem to realize that if you opponent played RNR and you dont have an answer, its suicide to keep playing cards on that round.

IMO 2 FL on any deck is kinda mandatory just because of those two cards.

Blizzard, rain and fog are ok imo. They need a lot of units on the row to give real value and with so many agile units, is kinda easy to play around them.

I think you hit it on the nail man. People just keep playing cards when i summon weather effects they cant remove i think this is one of the worst move you can make.

I think that weather, for the most part, is in a good spot. Rain and Fog are fine, in my opinion Frost is a problem though, as it does too much damage if you cannot counter it immediately. Fog and Rain you can play around by positioning units in certain rows to have uneven strength levels; however, Frost ignores that and just punches everything in the face. It certainly is too strong right now and gets abused too much.

It is not only the weather cards. It is the sheer amount of changes in total that ruins it for me atm :D

Ragnarok is OP

Ragnarok is OP, unless you have 4 high golds or a clear skies, it's basically a win button.

Last edited by a moderator:
TH3WITCH3R;n8618900 said:
This... That's what I am thinking too. Using weather for own synergy is ok but damaging opp. needs some limits otherwise soon we going to see more & more weather & control decks.

lmao... Are there weather decks?
Most decks I saw have one or two weather cards, but there are very, very few weather decks...

As every faction can use weather, I don't think it is overpowered.

One way to nerf weather just a little bit:
RED's could add another weather-counter, that resets the weather-damage from the current round. But adding this functionality to Clear Sky would overpower it.

Modniw;n8709100 said:
It is not only the weather cards. It is the sheer amount of changes in total that ruins it for me atm :D

At first I thaught exactly the way you are thinking. But after getting deeper into it, I see a better balancing in the whole!

Don't misunderstand me: It is not fully balanced atm. But after so big changes it is obvious that not everything is perfect. I suggest giving it a bigger try and estimate with small further changes (nerfs and buffs).

Just won against a RNR today for the first time, I'm level 10 with Nifgaard reveal deck.. I run a couple Nauzicaa's cause I thought they would be logical counters, but against cold monsters, silver weather cards, it isn't enough. It doesn't make sense that the so-called answers won't do the work they are supposed to . I've been playing for a few days but I can already sense that weather is too strong, and also some decks can spam an absurd amount of it.

kelt08;n8710970 said:
Just won against a RNR today for the first time, I'm level 10 with Nifgaard reveal deck.. I run a couple Nauzicaa's cause I thought they would be logical counters, but against cold monsters, silver weather cards, it isn't enough. It doesn't make sense that the so-called answers won't do the work they are supposed to . I've been playing for a few days but I can already sense that weather is too strong, and also some decks can spam an absurd amount of it.

You should not remove weather as soon as it is thrown on you. This is the key to success. Enemy play weather? Ok, just don't put new troops on that row. He then uses it on another row. And again. After that you can use clear skies only. Trying to remove weather one by one is not viable enough.

Honestly with so many cards that allow for movement on the board as well as the nerf in power to weather I feel like its either fine or pretty close to fine.

Sorry , but i have to let some tears out.

I'm playing the Northern Realms deck since closed beta and it makes no sense to me that they made the weather so strong and in the same time they removed
the gold bust cards for units .

Moreover they made few valuable deck set ups like the Kaedwen Sergeant + Blue Stripes Commando or the Henselt + Reavers combo but they are all about spawning units
that get destroyed by Weather decks in few turns . Unless you shove lots of First Light and Blue Stripes Scout cards in to your deck but then it will effect your deck synergy .

Honestly i think that 70% of my wins are thanks to the Botchling/Lubberkin + Shani combo .

What I'm trying to make out of all this mess is that i think they should make the weather hit every 2/3 turns and in the end of your turn and not at the very start of it .
And add some weather immunity units for the love of god !

arkhalon;n8618550 said:
Round 1 opponent usesRagh Nar Roog, i dont have first light, ok i guess i lose this round
Round 2 opponent uses Drought, i still dont have first light, ok i guess i lose the game

Really fun and interactive :facepalm:

Hi my friend, I dont agree with you, I played a LOT of games this open beta, with only 2 first light and it works perfectly, in every match I always have one. You probably played a few games or dont have first light on your deck.

TH3WITCH3R;n8618900 said:
This... That's what I am thinking too. Using weather for own synergy is ok but damaging opp. needs some limits otherwise soon we going to see more & more weather & control decks.

I didnt played the closed beta, Im new with the game and right now Im level 18 and rank 10 and the weather is NOT a problem. Just need to play a little bit and know more about the strong decks to see which decks are more powerfull and is not about weather.

But, if you want to IMPROVE the weather system, I set a new different cards added with elemental resistence (not inmune to all elements, desing diferent elements for every weather card). I think this would be a solution for those who thinks weather is strong and makes the game more playable, skilled and funny.

I love this game ^_^

Lackot
Add me as a friend to play and have fun

I am returning closed beta player. I havent played since Feb. The amount of changes are huge. I hate how powerful Weather cards are. Its just to broken early game. Especially monster deck in the early game. Im just level 3 now

Im using an Emhyr deck with Vanhemar/Cahir and Decoy and Im finding that I don't even need clear skies to deal with weather. I can play Vanhemar 4 times over the course of the match, and take him to other rounds using Emhyr/Cahir and it just works beautifully. Other decks though, its more of a struggle.

The whole system of weather aside, RNR and Draught are O.P.
If there absolutely needs to be a formidable weather card (??), maybe their affects of can be limited to 1 - 3 rounds?

I honestly think it is ridiculous that you can play weather on every row .
they should limit it to only one weather active and that's it .
Or at least change the weather damage from each turn to every 2/3 turns .

Weather is ok now, with tweaks it will be better. It's not an all or nothing thing like in closed beta, way better then before.

Top Bottom