Issue of bland interaction between Geralt and other character while talking.

+
Yeah it would be nice, although it didn't really bother me in TW2. I liked the way DS didn't lock you into a dialogue and you cold just walk away (or accidentally hit and aggro...) while npcs were talking to you.

I've been saying this for ages. Let some conversations take place in real time from the same camera perspective as conventional gameplay. This would ease cut scene fatigue and also save them time and money to elaborate on the conventional cut scenes even more. Arkham Knight is doing this already. The cut scenes are dynamic and treated almost like gameplay.

Didn't CDProjekt say that there wouldn't be any cutscenes? All the cinematics would be real time?

It was either CDProjekt or the d00ds that are making Batman Arkham Knight (their name escapes me now)

Well better looking animations without screen tear is always nice. Alot of the cut-seens in TW2 EE on XB360 could have used some more polish.
But,
I really think they have nailed this time come TW3.
I cannot think of any other game in all my life that I ever gave two shits about more then this one.
It all started with TW1 but then I found out is was only on PC so I forgot about it.
Then I saw some videos online years later for TW2 and I was stoked but was it coming to XB360 was all I cared about.
Oh man its kinda blurry looking back but it was my first time ever to join a video game form of any kind.
Shit got crazy after that because cdpr were not happy with some shit what ever it was and last I knew the project for TW2 was toast.
So I gave up on ever getting the chance to play this cool looking game on my XB360. Then out of nowhere (great song btw) I found out that TW2 was coming to my console of choice and I was way happy and looking forward to playing. I wanted to see if they took out that ugly target system and the red bars and names over everyones head. Long story short, I asked for that kinda stuff on the form when they were making TW2 way back when.
An I really feel this time that TW3 will be the game I wanted the WT2 to be.
An so far it already is and then some.
So I thank you again CDPR Red Team.
ps don't fuck this up!! lol..

Last edited:
Didn't CDProjekt say that there wouldn't be any cutscenes? All the cinematics would be real time?

It was either CDProjekt or the d00ds that are making Batman Arkham Knight (their name escapes me now)

You refer to no pre-rendered videos while in game? that was the case with the other games so i think it will stay the same.

But...they are realtime? I'm not sure what you mean.

In TW2 the action cutscenes took place in a predestined spot and the talking scenes were made up of more complex animations (namely mouth movement) compared to the slightly moving lips as seen when talking without the cinematics.

Hopefully that makes sense, I probably shouldn't of used realtime but I'm tired soooo

In TW2 the action cutscenes took place in a predestined spot and the talking scenes were made up of more complex animations (namely mouth movement) compared to the slightly moving lips as seen when talking without the cinematics.

Hopefully that makes sense, I probably shouldn't of used realtime but I'm tired soooo
Oh that way.

I thought you meant as in pre-rendered and realtime.

I've been saying this for ages. Let some conversations take place in real time from the same camera perspective as conventional gameplay. This would ease cut scene fatigue and also save them time and money to elaborate on the conventional cut scenes even more. Arkham Knight is doing this already. The cut scenes are dynamic and treated almost like gameplay.

I would love to see Batman like conversations in game BUT both Dark Souls and Batman had trivial/prescripted dialogs. There were no choices to make but in TW3 are choices so developers would have to somehow lock player to make him finish conversation and also make it look like both characters are talking with each other. In the result it is hard to judge if it isn´t better how it is in TW1/2.

Overall the idea of dynamic interwievs is intresting but I like to take my time with answer so it would be wierd if both characters would just silently walk. I like the idea of some characters continuing in their work while others would stop based on how important conversation is. Overall cinematic conversations are in my opinion too hard to make and with little result. I think that there are simplier ways to make conversating feel better.

I would do it that some npcs react on you depending on situation. Is it night and they sleep? Then they would say something like "Let me sleep". Are they talking to someone else? They would tell Geralt to wait till they finish their conversation or at least start conversation with something like "looks like they didn´t learn you manners Geralt" or "I will talk to you later Pete". I think these could be few aditional lines for voice actrors and these would make conversations much better.

There are free play conversations with characters, but they are usually when following someone for a quest, and you don't get to choose Geralt's answers.
That's why you need the "focused" dialog scenes, so that you could pay attention to what's going on and take the appropriate action, as other people already said multiple times, this is an integral part of the game and it shouldn't be done as an afterthought.

I agree though, that the NPCs and Geralt should have more animations and behave in a more natural manner. Some of Geralt's animations in the dialogs in TW2 started to repeat pretty obviously at some point.
It didn't bother me that much, just something that could be improved.

Top Bottom