Early one mornin' while makin' the rounds
I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down
I went right home and I went to bed
I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head

Got up next mornin' and I grabbed that gun
Took a shot of cocaine and away I run
Made a good run but I ran too slow
They overtook me down in Juarez, Mexico

Sex, drugs, a .44 and flight to avoid prosecution after murder. Pretty Dark Future.

...all right. The question on the table is: exactly how evil of a Ref should I be?

My players are playing multiple characters, since they realized from the first game just *how* expendable their characters can be, if gunfire starts.

I'm debating whether I should have opposing factions hire on different player characters.

Should I have Character Set A go to war with Character Set B? Essentially, my players would be fighting themselves.

Muahaha.

...all right. The question on the table is: exactly how evil of a Ref should I be?.

Juuust until it's not fun anymore. Then a little bit further, because Evil.

That's not really evil, though - that's actually a pretty cool game device, your characters fighting themselves. If you can make it work, I'd say go for it.

...all right. The question on the table is: exactly how evil of a Ref should I be?

My players are playing multiple characters, since they realized from the first game just *how* expendable their characters can be, if gunfire starts.

I'm debating whether I should have opposing factions hire on different player characters.

Should I have Character Set A go to war with Character Set B? Essentially, my players would be fighting themselves.

Muahaha.

Meh, evil is secretly approaching individual players with offers to sell out fellow team mates...

Meh, evil is secretly approaching individual players with offers to sell out fellow team mates...
Oh, I've done that.

Well, I tried to do that. The second game, where the cop got outed, then drugged, carried off, and never heard from again?

Had two of my players not decided beforehand (without telling me) that they knew each other, I was putting the pieces in place for a Mexican standoff between the Mafia, the Triad, and NCPD.

I don't go out of my way to set players against each other, but I try to write storylines that make sense for the characters involved. Sometimes, that necessitates a conflict of interests.

Muahaha.

I was running a game, it had ben going about a month, long enough for all the characters to become established and get to kow each other, for the players to feel comfortable with each other, and so on. One of the characters died, and the character the player had replace him was supposed to be a techie... however he was actually an undercover cop investigating the group...

Early one mornin' while makin' the rounds
I took a shot of cocaine and I shot my woman down
I went right home and I went to bed
I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head

Got up next mornin' and I grabbed that gun
Took a shot of cocaine and away I run
Made a good run but I ran too slow
They overtook me down in Juarez, Mexico

Sex, drugs, a .44 and flight to avoid prosecution after murder. Pretty Dark Future.

Johnny said everything! Nothing to add

I was running a game, it had ben going about a month, long enough for all the characters to become established and get to kow each other, for the players to feel comfortable with each other, and so on. One of the characters died, and the character the player had replace him was supposed to be a techie... however he was actually an undercover cop investigating the group...

Oh...now that's devious.

I wanna play in one of your games!

One of my players decided to stabilize an assassin hired to kill him to figure out the employer. He dragged the unconscious man to the nearest hospital so he could heal the poor man and then interrogate him, the clinic man recognized him as an employee of Nintony(my fictional merged Sony/Nintendo company, don't ask). My player, with a humanity of 2(!), realizing that the guy wasn't needed, proceeded to snap his neck.

In comes in the PsychoSquad to kill him. It was a fun way for a lot of people to have their characters die. Two survived and three died.Another day in the city?

The group I ran with the most potential for party conflict was many years ago. Three of the characters sold out for the extra money. The first was a solo who was with the CIA. He was assigned to Night City to gather intel and be an operative in place. The second was another solo who sold out to Northern California Counter Intelligence. He was placed in the group to watch the CIA operative in order to find out what they were focusing on, divert intel, and help feed the CIA what NCCI wanted them to know. The third was a Media posing as a fixer sold out to Net 54. She was filming everything and turning it in. The fourth in the group was a techie. The game did not run long enough for the Intel guys to turn on each other. The techie did figure out what the media was doing and started blackmailing the media to keep quiet.

The game did not run long enough for the Intel guys to turn on each other. The techie did figure out what the media was doing and started blackmailing the media to keep quiet.

Damn. Such promise.

We had a particular player in our multi-year Cyberpunk game who had been secretly turned by the KGB. No one, in a group of up to 15 people, ( our GM was, well, amazing - he had a turn sequence plan and smaller groups and times, all sorts of tricks to keep people busy and interested), had any idea until, months later, he betrayed simply everyone, all the different personal, corporate and government factions who thought he was working for them, all at once. And took all the marbles. Caused a complete upset in the world, ended up overturning the EBM corporate structure, destabilizing the Crystal Palace and mulching the ESA.

Never gave any of us any idea that he was more than a well-informed Fixer/Solo trying to do his best for the Team and his employers. Just brilliant.

In a big, crazy game played by a bunch of clever people, he got "Best Betrayal Award" for the campaign. Says a lot about Cyberpunk, I feel.

hah, that's some sneaky stuff - how could they not let him into their group?

Hope he felt the heat - talking in his sleep and stuff. Dat double-tongued bastard

Top Bottom