Just finished The Witcher (also, how long are the expansions?)

+
Just finished The Witcher (also, how long are the expansions?)

I have to say, that was an amazing experience. It's been a while since a game has really caught me up in the story like that. Very well done.Also, how long are each of the expansions? I ask because I'm trying to plan ahead for when I will order the next game I plan to play after TW.Thanks.

JohnJSal said:
I have to say, that was an amazing experience. It's been a while since a game has really caught me up in the story like that. Very well done.
Isn't it, though!
Also, how long are each of the expansions? I ask because I'm trying to plan ahead for when I will order the next game I plan to play after TW.
Do you mean the two extra adventures that came with the EE? Each of those is really short, just a couple of hours.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
I have to say, that was an amazing experience. It's been a while since a game has really caught me up in the story like that. Very well done.
Isn't it, though!
Yeah, and I used the word "experience" intentionally there. As I watched the credits roll, I said to myself "That was a great game." Then I thought, no wait, that doesn't really sum it up. It was an *experience*. :)
Also, how long are each of the expansions? I ask because I'm trying to plan ahead for when I will order the next game I plan to play after TW.
Do you mean the two extra adventures that came with the EE? Each of those is really short, just a couple of hours.
Yes, those two. I want to have my next game ready when I'm done with TW, but right now I'm in no mood to switch to something else! :)

Same feeling here ;DWill give you an advise: Start to play all over again ;D I did it, now starting 3rd time, and still finding new stuff and new quests I missed for the first time ;D

... and if you read a bit in the Witcher wiki you will be amazed how many things you missed besides a few side quests :eek:

Many people suggest that you play three times: once on the Scoia'tael path, once on the Order path, and once on the neutral path. I've never been able bring myself to do the Order path, but I've still played five times. You needn't leave the world of The Witcher quite so quickly! ;)

I just finished the Witcher last night on the Order path.I hate this! Now I have to play through the game at least two more times! Damn you CD Projeckt and sucking up all my free time!(I mean, you're awesome and I love you and come out with Witcher expansions and the Witcher 2 please - and no I don't mean the console version)Such an awesome game in so many ways... it's all about the plot and the characters.

Murrdox said:
I just finished the Witcher last night on the Order path.I hate this! Now I have to play through the game at least two more times! Damn you CD Projeckt and sucking up all my free time!(I mean, you're awesome and I love you and come out with Witcher expansions and the Witcher 2 please - and no I don't mean the console version)Such an awesome game in so many ways... it's all about the plot and the characters.
I finished The Price of Neutrality in one sitting. Currently I'm working through Side Effects. I won't be playing the main game again though. I love it, but I'm not a big replay person. :)

Neither am I really... but I want to see what happens on the different paths, with different choices regarding Geralt's love interest, etc...

Murrdox said:
Neither am I really... but I want to see what happens on the different paths, with different choices regarding Geralt's love interest, etc...
I just don't think it would be different enough to warrant another play through. Maybe if you could play a different character/class, etc. But a few different choices and cutscenes aren't enough to make me want to spend another week or two on the whole game.

Usually, if I replay something there is a few months between plays. I just finished my 2nd time thru and I think I only waited a couple days btwn games. So yeah....play it again!Shar

Absolutely play it again. Other than the introduction, and you can skip it in game, the different paths play as very different games. The quest, Dialogs and interactions are completely different. If you just finished the Order path, you haven't seen anything yet. The Scoia'tael path is completely different, and you will thoroughly enjoy it. I have yet to play neutral, but one of these days I will. Since you now know all the alchemy and fighting tricks, you will be able to look around more and find some of the many side quests that help to make this game so much fun. Speaking of which, I found a few quests that were not listed in the Wiki or on the forum........... ;)At any rate, good luck and have fun.

Both 'Price of Neutrality' and 'Side Effects' are just a couple hours long. If you want more I'd recommend downloading all the user-made mods. They're also pretty short, but you can play them in between play-throughs of the original campaign if you're bored of repeating certain parts. Deception and Evil Decisions, however, are two feature-length mods you should play after you're done with the main game.

Top Bottom