Let's talk DLC

+
The concept phase of DLCs and expansions begins long before the release of the main game, it is more efficient if they can be in full production as soon as the base game is out. Having said that, I am not sure if a forum thread like this would influence the content, but it is always interesting to speculate until there is official information.

Your right. Its highly likely CDPR have at least,at least a few DLC's and possibly a Expansion in the early planning stages for CP2077.

Last edited:
As much as I want all the distinct roles from CP2020, I looks unlikely to happen.

For DLC I expect new stories and challenges for your character to overcome. That and increased detail of NC.

adding new areas,sections,storyline and increased challenge is everything I need from this game. More of what's good in a game is always welcome

I'd rather they expanded the core gameplay with the DLC (roles, skills, interactions, missions...) within the existing framework rather than made Witcher 3 style separate DLC stories within their own isolated bubbles (as they've implied). In fact, I think they should build a whole series of games on the same framework they are doing now, so that if it ends up as a trilogy, you'd get it sooner as it all used 2077 as built here for a basis (ending up in one big game with contents of 3, and three stories that could even interact at places).

That said, why not wait for the core game first and see what fits?

I like the idea of multiple stories in the same world to form a trilogy or expansion set. It reminds me of the older resident evil games that had multiple character playthroughs. Having them interact or cross paths would be cool. For instance, in a second game or in an expansion, we could be investigating a crime we committed on our first character. This way all of our choices carry weight in the world for the second character playthrough. It would take some good writing to make this work because if it was obvious that we were investigating ourselves, we'd know where to go next. This would be such a cool game/series if they could pull it off, imo.

Yes. :) Heck,Mr Pondsmith says during his negotiations with CDPR for the rights to do this,they discussed doing several Games/Expansions,all set in this world.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    953.1 KB · Views: 35
So is pretty clear now that the base game will focus mainly around Netrunner,Solo,Tech i assume mostly because would be to much complicated if the main protagonist could had taken other parts so here is my idea.

Cd project could implement story dlcs under different character you could create tied to the classes that had been left out from the main game.

For example: A dlc where you take the part of a cop in night city and revolves around those themes and so on for the other classes.

That would fill the gap and the need of the other classes being left out from the game.

What do you think about that? Feel free to expand the idea.

The huge open world map give a magnificent chance to create a "Futuristic Police Crime Chase" DLC.

So is pretty clear now that the base game will focus mainly around Netrunner,Solo,Tech i assume mostly because would be to much complicated if the main protagonist could had taken other parts so here is my idea.

Cd project could implement story dlcs under different character you could create tied to the classes that had been left out from the main game.

I've been rolling around the same kind of idea for quite a while.

CDPR could use 2077 as a base platform to include full sequels to as a DLC. No need to create the whole game from scratch, just create the content and add the necessary mechanical tweaks to each campaign.

Let's say.... Where we now have the initial campaign of V who's basically limited to tech/solo/netrunner. A "sequel" DLC might offer the campaing of "D" who'll revolve around Cop/medic/media roles. And third one, the campaign of "C", that revolves around Corp/fixer/nomad.

The stories might even cross each other at points based on what's been done.

One game, contents of three.

And perhaps, if things get wildly succesful, they even might add a "freeroam" campaign where the player can roll a completely random character consisting of any of the given roles, choose from 6 different voice sets (each of the three characters, male and female - reusing a lot of the non-campaign related already recorded voices and recording more only for what's necessary) or none if preferred, and sport an organic storyline that's less cinematic and directed and more about where the player wants to go with it (i.e. the story wouldn't go wrong if the player became a cyberpsycho, like it apparently would now), and have the world reactivity handle the direction the player needs to take to reach his goals. Kind of like Fallout, giving an initial push and then just let the player loose to go about it as he pleases to reach the various goals.

Last edited:
Yeah, I definitely prefer the idea of them expanding on what they've already built rather than starting from scratch.. Sounds like a radical move but it makes a lot of sense tbh, gives the team a lot more freedom to focus on the depth rather than building another big huge impressive space.

Cyberpunk 2077 could be a base game in the same way that the core cyberpunk 2020 rulebook is the base for the tabletop game!

I know we haven't even got the game yet - but gamers being gamers, I was thinking on DLCs/Expansions.

After seeing the trailer I was really taken with the crime investigation seen, that was being holo-recreated by a detective/technician. Thought it would be awesome to have a Cop storyline on the streets of Nightcity - investigating crimes with the potential overarching intrigue that Corps and street gangs provide.

Anyone else had this thought?

Hey,
as some minor DLC - like those 12 (?) in witcher - maybe skins for cars could be nice.
Or maybe some details for character as achievements:
e.g. - complete game on hardest difficulty - and on this and any new playthrough, you can choose some cool tattoo - e.g. some skull with text "hard boy" or whatever(I hope that this does not have any hidden sexual meaning :D); or maybe "CP" with actual cyberpunk77 font (as is the logo of the game),..
These tattoos, or whatever - could also increase CRED by quite a lot. etc..

As some paid DLC, what about replaying some events from actual cyberpunk 2020 book ?
There was something with nuke, some big corporate conflicts, maybe some characters, who are dead already, or whatever...

I've got an idea for post release DLC. After looking at the character creation screen from the gameplay video, I gotta say I'm a bit worried about the character customization. The customization appeared to be based on set presets/options for every customizable part of the body. To me it felt like "choose nose/ear 1, or 2, or 3, or 4 for your face."

1535575295235.png

If that's really how its going to be then there will be a lot of similar looking Vs on the Internets. I'd love to have some more post launch customization options DLC like Ghost Recon: Wildlands. I feel like 10 variations of Nose/Mouth/Eyes etc is a little restricting.

Probably in pre production as we speak
Post automatically merged:

I've got an idea for post release DLC. After looking at the character creation screen from the gameplay video, I gotta say I'm a bit worried about the character customization. The customization appeared to be based on set presets/options for every customizable part of the body. To me it felt like "choose nose/ear 1, or 2, or 3, or 4 for your face."

View attachment 10975613

If that's really how its going to be then there will be a lot of similar looking Vs on the Internets. I'd love to have some more post launch customization options DLC like Ghost Recon: Wildlands. I feel like 10 variations of Nose/Mouth/Eyes etc is a little restricting.
They need more.customization options it's not enough for mass re playability

Probably in pre production as we speak
Post automatically merged:

They need more.customization options it's not enough for mass re playability

CDPR doesn't typically worry about that -replayability. Not for Witcher games and probably not for Cyberpunk. Just not a fundament of their design goals.

That said, I've replayed each of their games multiple times because they are so good at what they do - and as the same protagonist each time, to boot.

Witcher 3 had 2 or 3 DLC. I'm sure there is going is going to be a few DLC planned for the future. Might actually be more than a few since this is full on RPG game.

CDPR doesn't typically worry about that -replayability. Not for Witcher games and probably not for Cyberpunk. Just not a fundament of their design goals.

That said, I've replayed each of their games multiple times because they are so good at what they do - and as the same protagonist each time, to boot.
Exactly they are so good at what they do that if they implemented mass re-playability as a primary and secondary character. It would obviously improve on something that is already Great. It's not a fundement of their design? However its definitely something that should be

Top Bottom