List of changes from June 12, 2017 stream?

+
Neutral:

Roach down to 4
Ciri down to 5.
all weather mages 3 power, only ST mage at 4.
Villentretenmerth down to 4.
Sarah up to 8.
Johnny up to 7.
Vesemir up to 7.

SK:

Savage bear up to 6, no longer triggers when at 0 power.
queensguard up to 4(still no veteran).
Bran up to 4.
Svanrige up to 6.
War longship up to 6
Clan Dimun Pirate Captain up to 5.
Kambi down to 1, Hemdall down to 11.
Hjalmar: Lord of Undvik always appears leftmost on opposite row.
Udalryk: You can no longer cancel ability(you have to choose one)

ST:
Francesca Findabair up to 6
Commando Neophyte up to 7, armor removed.
Dol Blathana Protector down to 2.
Vrihedd officer up to 7.
Barcley Els down to 2.
Dol Blathana trapper up to 5
Blue Mountain commando up to 3.
Vrihedd Brigade: 6 strength, deploy: clear weather from the row, move a unit to this row on its side
Morenn up to 6.
Milva up to 9.

NG:
Mangonel up to 6.
John Calveit will summon golems AFTER his ability was executed.(dunno if this applies to emhyr and morvraan as well)
Cahir down to 4.
Rainfarn down to 4.

Monster:

Fiend, Woodland Spirit changes reverted.
Dagon down to 6.
Wyvern up to 6, deploy only 3 damage, brave removed.
Celaeno Harpy down to 4

NR:

Pavetta up to 7
Odrin up to 5
Dun banner heavy cavalry buffed to 3
Radovid: Now toggles lock instead of only locking. deals 4 damage only to enemies.
Aretuza adept up to 4.
Reaver hunter down to 4.
Kaedweni Sergeant now agile.
Thaler: You can no longer cancel ability(you have to choose one)

Last edited:
to add to ST:
blue mountain commando up to 3 from 2
Brigade up to 6 from 4
Morenn up to 6 from 5
Milva up to 9 from 8

NG:
rainfarn down to 4 from 6(7 in the previous iteration of the patch) (<-just pointing out that in the above list it's mistakenly in SK instead of NG)

frbfree;n8878640 said:
Aretuza Adept up to 4, because Blue Stripes weren't weak enough...

"to get them more in line with wild hunt hound it terms of power"
wtf.
they're completely different factions with different synergies.

I updated my post.
feel free to add anything i missed.

soph912;n8878940 said:
They made Rainfarn and Ciri virtually unplayable ( Roach got nerfed too).

Ciri is still good for her intended purpose: card advantage, it's just that she isn't universally good in literally every deck now, only on those that wish to exploit going last (borgh decks, letho decks, etc)

roach is more questionable, but i guess it was done to give more value to faction specific "summon" cards like Ves and Ael-theelfchick

shroudb;n8878990 said:
Ciri is still good for her intended purpose: card advantage, it's just that she isn't universally good in literally every deck now, only on those that wish to exploit going last (borgh decks, letho decks, etc)

roach is more questionable, but i guess it was done to give more value to faction specific "summon" cards like Ves and Ael-theelfchick

No she is not! She is not worth a gold slot. I certainly won't play her since you are not able to push for a R1 win if needed. It's unfortunately too dangerous to play a 'always concede R1' strategy now. It worked quite well in closed beta, except for the match up against SK of course.

Maybe it's different for those who always play DBPs or Spotters at the end but I'm not one of those players. I hate this stupid gameplay.

Last edited:
I dont understend Reaver Hunter nerf to 4 . its Operator the over power card for the combo . Operator need some nerf .

soph912;n8879310 said:
No she is not! She is not worth a gold slot. I certainly won't play her since you are not able to push for a R1 win if needed. It's unfortunately too dangerous to play a 'always concede R1' strategy now. It worked quite well in closed beta, except for the match up against SK of course.

Maybe it's different for those who always play DBPs or Spotters at the end but I'm not one of those players. I hate this stupid gameplay.

starting a match with the philosophy of "always lose R1" is really inflexible for gwent. Apart from stupid spellonly decks (that thankfully get nerfed) the game is far too dynamic for that. The only reason it worked was exactly because some cards like ciri were overtuned.

and once more, i don't think she will be any good in a general deck, but in a combo deck that needs last round, she is still exactly as powerful, even more so because her nerf means that usually your opponent wont be running her.

cottoale;n8879380 said:
I dont understend Reaver Hunter nerf to 4 . its Operator the over power card for the combo . Operator need some nerf .

The Hunter nerf is, i'm sorry to say, total crap. If they were dead set on nerfing them ( yeah, NR, the weakest of the factions, has 3 cards that's their main source of point strength, let's nerf them ), they should have changed the way their buffing works and made them get buffed by only 1 point, so if you play 3 Hunters: 3x9=27 points.
After the patch hits, if you play 3 Hunters: 3x10=30 points, but, the 1st one you play is going to be a weak 5 strength unit, without a shield, which is very easy to kill with several cards. So, if you were going for the trio ability and don't have Operator, you're done for. I think it's not even worth it to ditch my soon-to-be-nerfed Roach and put Ves in my deck.

At least they gave Radovid the toggle ability...

bilbo.baggins;n8879600 said:
The Hunter nerf is, i'm sorry to say, total crap. If they were dead set on nerfing them ( yeah, NR, the weakest of the factions, has 3 cards that's their main source of point strength, let's nerf them ), they should have changed the way their buffing works and made them get buffed by only 1 point, so if you play 3 Hunters: 3x9=27 points.
After the patch hits, if you play 3 Hunters: 3x10=30 points, but, the 1st one you play is going to be a weak 5 strength unit, without a shield, which is very easy to kill with several cards. So, if you were going for the trio ability and don't have Operator, you're done for. I think it's not even worth it to ditch my soon-to-be-nerfed Roach and put Ves in my deck.

At least they gave Radovid the toggle ability...

NR is obviously far from being fine, but Reaver hunters had to be nerfed. The Combo with Henselt is just insane. It doesn't necessarily win you the game, but it is completely overpowered as a single 2 card combo. Other NR cards need a buff, that's for sure. The Reaver nerf is a step into the right direction IMO.

Firekangaroo;n8879940 said:
NR is obviously far from being fine, but Reaver hunters had to be nerfed. The Combo with Henselt is just insane. It doesn't necessarily win you the game, but it is completely overpowered as a single 2 card combo. Other NR cards need a buff, that's for sure. The Reaver nerf is a step into the right direction IMO.

you can edit in the additional NR changes i've mentioned a few posts up (pavetta, odrin, cavalry)

Firekangaroo;n8879940 said:

Well, what i suggested, going from 36 to 27 points, is a damn solid nerf ( not a joke one, from 25 to 23, whatever...), but what is going to happen is more like butchery.

Combo with henstel is not so easy to apply , there are many ways to block them . The point is that the operator amplifies the effect. In my opinion , hitting the reaver hunter instead of operator , would be like , hitting all gold card and keep roach to 5 .

PandaLin;n8879280 said:
Where the hell did you guys get those news so fast? I had no idea they streaming today!?

Watch the News section of the forums. They announce the developer streams beforehand.

What about Marching Orders? They changed it to summon one of the lowest bronze or silver cards instead of the lowest card in the deck. It got a nerf but its not even in the parch notes and cant mill it for full value?

Top Bottom