Live relation from CDP conference

+
Flash said:
I don't know on what point you're basing your assumptions. It's the same same world. No rainbow and candies. Instead you get racism, drugs, alcohol, cursing, prostitution, sex, discrimination, prejudice, blood and gore.
I see again the videos, and I think you're right. Even the first The Witcher was full of colours, maybe depends about my fear for this game ;D

Brag said:
Sometimes I feel like CDP Red should have just called the Enhanced Edition The Witcher 2 and people would be happy. Looking at all this complaining I think people just want to play the same game they bought 2 years ago.
Many people loved the first game. Many people have been disappointed by sequels to other games. I think it's a compliment to CDPR that people care so passionately about something that's just a game, after all.As for the cheery, sunlit world, don't you remember the fields in Chapter 4 of the original game? There were areas of considerable natural beauty in the original game, and that natural beauty made it all the more poignant when one sister killed another and neither ghost would rest. Running through the beautiful golden sunshine while thinking about sororicide -- that was something.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Sometimes I feel like CDP Red should have just called the Enhanced Edition The Witcher 2 and people would be happy. Looking at all this complaining I think people just want to play the same game they bought 2 years ago.
Many people loved the first game. Many people have been disappointed by sequels to other games. I think it's a compliment to CDPR that people care so passionately about something that's just a game, after all.
True, but many sequels have also been better than their predecessors even after being drastically changed.In the end it comes down to whether you actually have faith in the developers or not. I believe in CDP Red which is why I'm not so nervous about TW2 all the time. They made a great RPG with the first game but it was clear that they wanted to improve on that but there was something holding them back, maybe it was tech or lack or resources I don't know. But it seems like they don't have limitations now so they can actually deliver an experience they wanted with the last game.

Brag said:
.In the end it comes down to whether you actually have faith in the developers or not. I believe in CDP Red which is why I'm not so nervous about TW2 all the time. They made a great RPG with the first game but it was clear that they wanted to improve on that but there was something holding them back, maybe it was tech or lack or resources I don't know. But it seems like they don't have limitations now so they can actually deliver an experience they wanted with the last game.
Yep, I have faith in them, too. I agree with you more or less completely, up to the point where we jump on other people for not having our faith. I'm just saying that the concern of those people is a compliment in its own way; it's a tribute to the game we love that they care so much.

If you like/dislike what you have seen/read so far, it would be more helpful to the developers to describe them in a calm and descriptive manner with concrete examples... Some of them may turn out simple misunderstanding due to the scarce media resources, too.

reanimathor said:
Yes, it was X360 controller.
Thanks for the information. Good to know.I'm glad you guys are trying to add Gamepad support on the PC version for those who actually like gamepads and/or prefer gamepads. Since you guys are probably bringing this to the X360 at a later said date, I think this is a pretty good idea - who knows, maybe you guys can rope some console-gamers into buying the PC version - as long as they have a PC meeting the requirements, of course. ;)I always have a gamepad on my PC - just in case, somehow the KB/mouse controls wind up botched - i.e. see Res Evil 4 PC. Some games just play better w/ gamepads usually for me - i.e. brawlers like Street Fighter 4 PC; racing games i.e. Need For Speed series and Burnout Paradise; and also platforming games like Tomb Raider series. I have my old Wingman Rumble Pad for the PC and also (of course) the X360 Controller For Windows. Just...I hope the PC controls don't get botched and the UI don't get botched for KB/mouse. I have faith y'all can figure this one out - I mean, I think Mass Effect 2 PC turned out fine and all, around the KB/mouse.For The Inventory system - are you guys going to have to two different UI's (User Interfaces) - one for keyboard/mouse and another for Gamepad? Or are you guys pulling a Mass Effect 2 here and ditching the full-blown Inventory system to some sort of extent - i.e. certain load-out points where you can load-out before a mission/or somewhere in the area?

I am not agree, I really appreciated the choiche to focus on only on Mouse and Keyboard for the first game. It was perfect, rpg must be played with mouse and keyboard, you can play with pad game like fable, assassin's creed with non sense gameplay.

Both mouse and keyboard and gamepad are perfectly viable choices. The Witcher 2 will always be a PC game first so mouse and keyboard is primary choice.

Flash said:
Both mouse and keyboard and gamepad are perfectly viable choices. The Witcher 2 will always be a PC game first so mouse and keyboard is primary choice.
...besides, I think that x360 controller on the presentation was used beacuse it's not easy to play on mouse and keyboard while you are standing without any table around :S .

ZoltanChivay said:
But I know developers want to play with new engine and just have some fun too ;D
Oh yes, they do indeed. Now, I know that if you can do it, you don't absolutely have to.But, in this case, I'd like the devs to milk this engine for all it's got. I want to see their creativity shine. So, go for it devs :peace:

Loving new videos. But this would be pointless post without a little bit complaining :) In elven garden scene, Triss and Geralt are discussing rascism on a childs level. She is asking questions like an oblivious princess and he is answering fake crypticly/stupidly, like Gandalf. Conflict between humans and non-humans has been discussed in both books and first game, on a far more deeper level, so I kinda found garden convo stupid. I know, it's just alfa, but it doesn't hurt to mention :) Cheers! RED is closing on immortal status of fame and glory. Can't wait!!!

sorry but for every "good" way to handle the topic TW1 had 50 juvenile ways to deal with sexismn, racismn and homophobia in a stupid way.if you wanna have good discussions about latent racismn play MassEffect1 and have a few discussions with Wrex. It doesn't get better than this, even ME2 failed to reach those heights.I just love the ridiculous conspiracies going on in TW1 and the great lore, the background drawn from many books, you can feel that around every corner. Geralt was iconic and the plot did its part to make me feel like an passionate badass without having to be arrogant or selfish, being caught up in the turmoil.in the last previews they said that the world will now revolve around Geralt, he will be the main character. I don't know if that is a good thing. I loved that Geralt was just "part" of the world and many things went on behind his back and he NEVER heard of them although they infuenced his journey. Having a more personal story in TW2 could pay off but putting him in the forefront where he will become some kind of jesus where everybody goes to him for help could backfire and make him a generic action-hero instead of reluctant anti-hero. I wonder how they wanna justify that he is running around with the King doing the laundry for him. I would have never accepted, Geralt is no killer-for-hire...

swordsandroses said:
In elven garden scene, Triss and Geralt are discussing rascism on a childs level. She is asking questions like an oblivious princess and he is answering fake crypticly/stupidly, like Gandalf. Conflict between humans and non-humans has been discussed in both books and first game, on a far more deeper level, so I kinda found garden convo stupid.
Hmmm...it may be for those who haven't played the Witcher since all the movie clips are from introductory part, which possibly explains the reason why we can see so many "old faces" such as Triss, Dandelion, and Zoltan and simplification of politics/characterizations.That said, I must admit that dialogues are not so impressive. In terms of the characterization, too, Triss sounds too naive in this scene as someone
who can end up with an important adviser of the rather Machiavellian king, Foltest
in one of possible endings of the Witcher. Also, the "kitchen talk" between Triss and Roche reminds me of dialogues from pop TV dramas in 80's. To be absolutely honest, the ending of the Witcher and the motive of the last opponent were rather far-fetched to my taste, and I'd like to see much better founded mature content even true to our contemporary society, which would give the players a deeper level of immersion, rather than far-fetched or over-used ones.
swordsandroses said:
Geralt was iconic and the plot did its part to make me feel like an passionate badass without having to be arrogant or selfish, being caught up in the turmoil.
I agree with this. While Geralt is a part of the world, at the same time, he is somehow outcast and aloof to it. Probably, the most interesting character in the Witcher is Geralt, with whom, the players explore the world and thus exploring his mind, too. He is a part of the world, which is exactly why he cannot decline the requests from the powers since he is, indeed, a mercenary, "killer-for-hire", who needs to earn "trinkets" by killing whether he likes it or not. Then again, at the same time, he is more than that as you wrote.According to the unofficial FAQ, there are two main plots in TW2, one of them is, of course, an investigation of the political conspiracy in the world, while the other is more personal to Geralt, means, the mystery around the rumor about his death and the witcher-like assassin. So, I guess the designers seem to be right on the track since the former one is about the world, about which, I'd like the story to be more believable and realistic than it was in the Witcher, while the latter is about Geralt himself, which I expect more exploration of his character.

is there a good quality link with translation/readable subs somewhere ? the ones posted I can't make out what is going on.....

Top Bottom