Mentioned but missing features list

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a long answer, so if you want a TLDR, here it is: Me, a CP2020 fan mourns about the features that should be because they exist in the books/other rpgs.
I have to step in, there are very valid points in this thread, devs must read it.

First of all let me say that i'm currently playing the game, taking my time, exploring everything. and haven't finished it yet.
Most people have been waiting for this game for 8 years, a lot of people have been waiting for it since 89. I've been wishing for a cyberpunk game since 1992 when I got the main CP2020 book.

My friends have a blast with crappy open world like the ones from Bethesda, and I always tell them the same "Want to see a well done open-world game, where the sidequests matter and mean something? Play the Witcher 3" I always considered it to be excellent. But I would agree that due to its setting, had fewer side activities than other open worlds.

When the initial Cyberpunk 2013 concept came out (The pre-rendered Max-Tac trailer) i hope we were going to see the Night City from the books (That it always looked to me more New York-ish than Los Angeles-ish) then changes started to happen during development.

First it was going to have online features, then don't, ok, no biggie, Witcher 3 didn't need them and it was amazing.
The director of the game changed mid-development, rumours said they pulled back a lot of what they have thought and made, don't know if it's true, but it would explain a lot of things. Including why it took 8 years for this.
Then they showed the game, and there it was, Night City....which it looked hella lot like a futuristic Los Santos, but fear not! It's CDPR, they always excel on what they do. And c'mon it's Night City! I wanted to play a netrunner or a media. But instead, we got V...which can only be a punk with some limited hacking skills and totally oriented to combat.
"Oh, ok, it's fine, the story will be cool and the immersion in the Net will be mindblowing still" - I thought "And there are drones!"

Then they started to promise a lot of cool features, people got angry about other stuff (like being able to choose your genitalia or the pronoun the rest of the characters refer to V, or the infamous "oh no, there is a trans person in that Evil-company-soda-commercial!, That means CDPR is making fun of trans people!"). I was just thinking that the game looked incredible, the trailers were amazing, and hoping that CDPR didn't listen to critics and kept the world faithful to the source material (Not being disrespectful, it's just that CP2020 world is an evil dystopia that isn't polite nor respectful if it isn't profitable)

At this point, I was trying not to get hyped, but I started re-reading my CP books. And oh boy, the memories with friends, the famous npcs...

Months passed, I upgraded my pc with an RTX 3080.
The game came out.

What was supposed to be an RPG is just a shooter. All skills are for combat, there are stores where you can ONLY buy junk (the sex shop, f.ex it offers BDs but you can't use them nor watch them) the hacking isn't that full-body immersion in the net like in the books (except in that point of the story) just a hex...boring...puzzle?
No vehicle customization (Also no flying vehicles, in the pnp game mostly everyone used one). No weapon customization. The Interface is basic and not comfortable to use. There are no simple things like a walk toggle. Or if you were in stealth when a conversation jumps in you can't get up.

No immersive NPCs, they just are...there. The world isn't interactable, the bands are there but they don't hate you or know you in the slightest. You can't join them, befriend them or go on war after a faction because factions do not exist. You can't fight Arasaka by asking for help to a rival corpo, f.ex. Trauma Team is just a prop, a decoration for the world, they don't show up to pick a client you just flatlined (nor you can hire their services) They just appear in the Sandra Dorsett quest like everything else from CP2020: doing a cameo.

The main story is cool (especially if you are a CP2020 fan) but where are those fantastic sidequests from TW3? Why all we have is some text from a fixer or the cops to "kill random NPCs", "enter x or y place and pick a or b item and drop it in w or z spot". How bad do you have to do it for making Bethesda (FUCKING BETHESDA) to look better than you? Those guys are repeating the same formula for over a decade, saying the same lies, and selling us over and over the same game with the same bugs with different setting and better graphics.

This is a looter-shooter, and not a very good one, instead of the great RPG we were promised. Patches will fix the insane amount of bugs and the terrible performance, yes. But what about the game itself?
People will be happy with a tattoo parlor, a hairdresser and 3rd person camera? That's all it would take?
I don't think so. This game needed another year (or two) for development not to polish it, to add all that's missing, to rework the game from the ground up and turning into a proper RPG. Where are the net immersions? Where are the other corpos? (Because Militech people shows up in the prologue missions but after that? It's just the only corporation is Arasaka, and Kang Tao at some brief moment) Why the cyberware doesn't mean crap? No humanity loss = no tough choice about cyberware, no reason for not being fully chromed.
Also no bio-ware (same as cyberware, half the humanity loss, organic in nature thanks to DNA editing but more expensive. It was in the books, people bought fish gills or weird crap like that)

Also, spanish localization is an absolute cringe clusterfuck. with quest titles named after spanish 80s songs (Johnny Cash changed for Alaska, if you dont know who she is, dont youtube it, your sanity will appreciate it) or a lot of characters, specially two characters that speak perfect english with NO spanish latin american expressions suddenly in spanish are full mexican (Judy and Panam. I get that Judy is latina because of her surname, but she speaks with no accent nor latin expressions in english. Why does she speaks like a soap opera actress in spanish?) and their dialogs are full of "pinche","chingada", etc that aren't in the original. (Like Jackie and his mother, character that do speak with hispanic expressions in the original and that has been respected in the translation) This got to the point of finding an asian police officer that talked like this.

I don't know if the change of director was true, or who called the shots in...well, everything that is wrong with this game. I just hope that that person gets fired knowing that they sank what could have been the biggest, fullest, and greatest RPG of this generation.

My question, to the community and to the devs is...will we have the "No man's sky" treatment here? A series of really big patches (more like free expansions) that add everything that was promised and turn a disastrous launch into a successful game? Can it be?

I wish. With all my heart.
Sorry about the long post. Got a lot to take off my chest.
Based on the work they did for Witcher 3 post launch, I do think their gonna add in a lot of content for CP 2077. When patching Witcher 3 they added a lot of things like new scenes with a lot of characters especially Triss, because a lot of players thought that romance was lacking at launch. They added in new quests, armor packs, weapons, hairstyles, etc... as free DLC. That's not even counting the content added in HoS and BaW. So if they can do that for Witcher 3, they can easily do that for CP 2077.

Last edited:
Based on the work they did for Witcher 3 post launch, I do think their gonna add in a lot of content for CP 2077. When patching Witcher 3 they added a lot of things like new scenes with a lot characters especially Triss, because a lot of players thought that romance was lacking at launch. They added in new quests, armor packs, weapons, hairstyles, etc... as free DLC. That's not even counting the content added in HoS and BaW. So if they can do that for Witcher 3, they can easily do that for CP 2077.
Let us hope.

I'm really surprised that a voice modulator isn't apart of the default Cyberware. Why is the Animal Club only allowed to have a voice filter.

The nudity is weirdest for me. I don't need nudity in a game wouldn't think anything of having either more or less in this one, it's just the incongruity that confuses me. You can customise your penis and breasts in the CC but also, prostitutes keep their bras on during sex?

I think what's missing is a CDPR that has integrity. They are being completely mute about all of the cut content and the change of target from RPG to Action Adventure is shocking. On top of this, they are removing the nudity. What does this say to me? That they have sold out. Management has decided to throw this one in the budget bin for thirteen year old kiddies to get all wet over. It wouldn't surprise me if its rating was revised in the future.

This is a pure evil. The game has so much potential. Unless we hear about them fixing the RPG elements, I think the game may never be properly realised.

If we were working with an honest CDPR, they would have announced, up-front, at least six months ago what was intended for release or would have simply pulled the release altogether for a year. The game has already become only about money. I fear it has already died.

I would like to have more option to customize my keybindings and controls. I would like to be able to steer the car using the mouse and a mouse + key to change my view inside the car.

Honeslty, this list doesn't even bother me that much now. Most of these features are irrelevant or up to subjective opinion if they should stay. I would only name three things that are - in my opinion - objectively worse in the final version and they also damaged roleplaying aspect of this game.

1) Immersion. Entire point of first person locked view, ( which I like btw ) was to make me feel that V is me, and I am V. Immersion was the word on constant repeat through all these years. Oopsie, I never got the feeling that I can roleplay V, no matter how I'll try ( and I am pathetic roleplayer ). Decision making is flawed and V has predefined personality no matter our gender, sexuality, lifepaths or what wel choose to say. Final version of how much impact we have on our V is very flawed.

2) Cutscenes. I believe it was bad decision to get rid of all cutscenes. Thanks to them we would care how our V look like, or what is wearing. Little thing that adds so much immersion to our personal preferences.

3) Apartment\Romances\Sex. V's apartment is lame and pointless. It doesn't influence V lifestyle, potential romances or even any sort of involvement with other NPC's - like even someone knocking to our doors to talk in the middle of the night. It's just empty shell with few random activities. Let's take the shower shall we ? CLICK...

The way I see it right now...

I believe we need roadmap of fixes, performance improvements and missing features to be implemented so people know what to expect from the game. As is right now, we don't know which way the game is headed at all. Many advertised features aren't present.

Most people I talked to expected, according to what was advertised and hyped: an open world with the quality of GTA V but with as many side activities as something like Shenmue and Yakuza, a modern Deus Ex gameplay with Witcher 3 writing and side quest quality, plus using the CP2020/RED ruleset and character skills and progression system focusing the whole experience more into RPG territory, all with a cyberpunk non censored attitude. That to my eyes would be exactly what was advertised and something really, really, close to a perfect cyberpunk themed game. I do believe most costumers indeed expected exactly that, and with good reason.

What do you people think?

I'm really curious about what is going to be released in the next two "bigger" patches that we'll get in January and February...

I don't feel like I got a game that was worth the premium price. I wonder if they can could have squeezed more into 1.05... Little things are going to make the difference.

One thing they could do right now is change the audio in the apartment from the radio so I can get it pumping like he has an Atmos setup like I do. Minimap and map fixes would be welcomed.

Another thing would be to add hair, tattoo, nails, clothing all that stuff to an improved vendor system.

1608301517878.png

Lies?

3) Apartment\Romances\Sex. V's apartment is lame and pointless. It doesn't influence V lifestyle, potential romances or even any sort of involvement with other NPC's - like even someone knocking to our doors to talk in the middle of the night. It's just empty shell with few random activities. Let's take the shower shall we ? CLICK...

Ive been playing for 120 hours now I've not gone back to the apartment except for missions where Im supposed to. Theres absolutely no reason to. It doesn't help that I can carry a supermarket's worth of food, a bars worth of alcohol, a clothing stores worth of clothing and a gun shops worth of guns.

If there was as physical size limit to how much stuff you could carry beyond the weight restriction you would have to store things like components mods and clothes at your apartment, at least giving you a reason to go there

If there was as physical size limit to how much stuff you could carry beyond the weight restriction you would have to store things like components mods and clothes at your apartment, at least giving you a reason to go there

I agree that the carry weight allows you to carry an awful lot... I don't know how they'd implement anything else, though.

You can't use the components out of your stash when crafting, as far as I know. I think the inventory management and crafting stuff should be overhauled and allow us to do more from the stash menus.

Now that I think about it ... wouldn't it be better to focus on the things that they can add than on all the things that they cut? An improvement of the game ai, that the city becomes more alive, that there are more things to do in the city or be able to interact more with the npc, the drinking animations, add more joytoys, be able to dance everywhere in the that there is music, more interactions and content for the romances, that all the hair is available for both V, two bisexual romances, the character creator during the game and remove the censorship to V except in photo mode ... This does not seem so hard to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom