milva is now good?

+
DRK3;n10452842 said:
I was about to craft her yesterday, but i ended up choosing another gold...

Can someone confirm Milva's mechanic with silver spies? Whose deck does it go back? Like, if i play spy then Milva (assuming opponent doesn't have anything higher than spy), the already-used spy goes to his deck, becoming a hindrance, right?

Well, it kinda works. Yeah, it returns your spy to your deck, but I'm pretty sure that they can replay it and it will do the same thing it did for you. Imagine your enemy having two spies after you lost round 1. You're screwed.

Originally I thought it was a good idea with Strego or Denis with Hawkers, but it doesnt keep the boost, so you have to play Strego first to use it. And if he gets killed, convert to Nilfgaard.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
nathanielprice;n10803521 said:
Well, it kinda works. Yeah, it returns your spy to your deck, but I'm pretty sure that they can replay it and it will do the same thing it did for you. Imagine your enemy having two spies after you lost round 1. You're screwed.

Originally I thought it was a good idea with Strego or Denis with Hawkers, but it doesnt keep the boost, so you have to play Strego first to use it. And if he gets killed, convert to Nilfgaard.

Actually, since my last post i crafted her and tried it, and had tons of fun putting my silver spy on the enemy's deck, then watch him get that brick card (since it only has 1-use and wont work again). Most opponents even play it, unaware of the option to discard it. This of course is ideal in R3, so your opponent wont have a chance to mulligan it away, and hopefully wont be mulligan or discard deck to be able to get rid of it.

Even more fun, is when your opponent plays Alzur's Double Cross, expecting his usual highest card and your used silver spy comes out with a boost, giving you some sweet 15 points! Havent seen a single opponent that doesnt forfeit after that.

P.S.- if your opponent isnt SC, you'll be able to identify the used silver spy on his hand, since it will have SC border.

DRK3;n10803931 said:
Actually, since my last post i crafted her and tried it, and had tons of fun putting my silver spy on the enemy's deck, then watch him get that brick card (since it only has 1-use and wont work again). Most opponents even play it, unaware of the option to discard it. This of course is ideal in R3, so your opponent wont have a chance to mulligan it away, and hopefully wont be mulligan or discard deck to be able to get rid of it.

Even more fun, is when your opponent plays Alzur's Double Cross, expecting his usual highest card and your used silver spy comes out with a boost, giving you some sweet 15 points! Havent seen a single opponent that doesnt forfeit after that.

P.S.- if your opponent isnt SC, you'll be able to identify the used silver spy on his hand, since it will have SC border.

What do you swap it with? I'd be surprised if a Nilfgaard assasin deck doesnt kill streggo first. Then again, it is only one deck type. I dont know many other cards that can deal a damage total of ten, maybe mastercrafted spear but thats it.

May try it out

DRK3

Forum veteran
nathanielprice;n10804111 said:
What do you swap it with? I'd be surprised if a Nilfgaard assasin deck doesnt kill streggo first. Then again, it is only one deck type. I dont know many other cards that can deal a damage total of ten, maybe mastercrafted spear but thats it.

May try it out

I dont think you understood what i was saying - my strategy with Milva is - play my silver spy, that goes into the enemy board and lets me draw a card, then play Milva and send that used spy back into the enemy's deck, so it might mess up with his draws.

I usually do this at the beginning of R1, that way i dont have any bronzes/silvers that return to my own deck, and its more likely for the spy to come into the enemy's hand (either on R2 or R3s draws or mulligans)

DRK3;n10814281 said:
I dont think you understood what i was saying - my strategy with Milva is - play my silver spy, that goes into the enemy board and lets me draw a card, then play Milva and send that used spy back into the enemy's deck, so it might mess up with his draws.

I usually do this at the beginning of R1, that way i dont have any bronzes/silvers that return to my own deck, and its more likely for the spy to come into the enemy's hand (either on R2 or R3s draws or mulligans)

That sounds pretty interesting but everyone plays with a spy, and especially Brouver (27% popularity in the highest tier) has constant access to it too. Henselt can also tutor it with ADC. if they respond immediately with their own spy, Milva will do the same thing to you.

ser2440;n10815251 said:
That sounds pretty interesting but everyone plays with a spy, and especially Brouver (27% popularity in the highest tier) has constant access to it too. Henselt can also tutor it with ADC. if they respond immediately with their own spy, Milva will do the same thing to you.

Yep. That's why you hold on to your Milva-spy until round 3, or at least the round after they used theirs.

p.s. Also tested, and Milva no longer requires a returnable unit to be on your side of the board to work, so that's pretty good.

Milva has always been situationally good. You can obviously design a deck to better take advantage of her but sometimes you lose too much in return. I had a nice moment the other day when my opening hand got stuck with Cleaver. I was able to play Cleaver, then Milva, and then was able to Brouver it back via Barclay Els. That was a great start and I snared an enemy Morkvarg in the process.

DRK3;n10814281 said:

I meant what card on your side of the board do you swap it with. The best choice would be streggo, but I think its to risky.

Top Bottom