Mimic is back!

+

Your favourite special Arena mode – Mimic, has returned!

Play with your opponent's deck instead of your own, and turn their strength (or weakness...) to your advantage! This special mode will end on September 24th, 12PM (noon) CEST.

Good luck and have fun!

Favourite, seriously?

This is the worst special Arena mode Gwent ever had. Whoever gets offered more 1 point cards with no synergy in draft wins.

The difference between bad cards and really bad cards in Gwent is so huge, this mode makes zero sense.

Excellent. Thank you CPDR! Love this game mode, it is so different and centers around deck building (which is one of my favorite parts of arena).

I spent my 1 free run drafting for normal arena yesterday. :(
Is it possible for you guys to reset drafts on currently unfinished runs created before this mimic event?

Incredible, game so much balanced in that mode,must be permanent option like classic arena.
Post automatically merged:

Favourite, seriously?

This is the worst special Arena mode Gwent ever had. Whoever gets offered more 1 point cards with no synergy in draft wins.

The difference between bad cards and really bad cards in Gwent is so huge, this mode makes zero sense.

Think out of the box.

Incredible, game so much balanced in that mode,must be permanent option like classic arena.
Post automatically merged:

Think out of the box.

Good luck thinking out of the box when you get to choose between 8+ point cards during the draft, and your opponent's deck is nothing but Ciri: Novas and 1-2 point tutors for spells the deck doesn't have.

I agree that draft adds an element of luck into the arena, but it's absolutely ridiculous in this mode. And this is, as I said above, because the difference between cards in Gwent is so huge and card advantage is very important.

Ooooo I love this mode so much! Best Arena mode so far that i have seen =) Even better than the original one.

Personally, I'm not too fond of this mode, principally, because I always seem to wind up facing an opponent who managed to include really worthless cards in the deck.

I always get a deck of she trolls. Then when it's time for me to draft I get loaded with tons of golds for the opponent

I like this mode because there are situations where you can make the best of a bad deck, however i don't know why whenever i play this mode i get the best possible picks i never got in my dozens of normal arena runs.
Done 2 runs so far and the first was a perfectly function above average deck with only 3 tutors and the second was a working Shupe deck, yes over 80 cards to choose from and not a SINGLE duplicate.

I had a lot of fun with this mode last time. What I love about it is the way you can punish your opponent for not thinking of a particular synergy, and take advantage of it as much as possible. Of course, it works both ways - sometimes you miss a little thing that can really hurt you. But even then, it's still fun waiting to see if your opponent finds it. Then, you know exactly what they're thinking, and I picture them laughing maniacally :D. As long as players go into this mode ready to have a little fun, it's a cool way to subvert the card mechanics. It could also be a good way for intermediate level players to learn some of the less obvious synergies. Though, it's apparently not for everybody.

I hope CDPR includes multiple modes in the next version of the Arena. It seems like a relatively easy way to expand on the game, and keep people playing. I imagine a major concern is that matches would be more scarce if you split the Arena into too many different permutations. But maybe there could at least be a 3rd mode in the rotation?

I'm gonna miss the old Gwent. But still excited to see the changes!

Definitely the worst mode. As everyone said, you get left with a pointless deck i.e. play a spy or special card that dont exist. Nilfgaard vs Nilfgaard has been best so far. That or golds only.

Yeah Golds only was probably the best.

I have never broken so many contracts during deck building then during this mimic run. Even picking the worst card possible with no synergies, I am still building deck better then some decks I had for a regular arena run. No way is it worth going into a match giving them a deck this good. Break contract, rinse, repeat.

I've seen other people either not fully understanding how mimic works or drafting similar decks because I've gone into matches where I get cards that do a 20-30 point swing on one play, or playing weather, etc. Some seriously easy wins. Then I've seen them play a 1 point card that is supposed to draw a card and nothing happens and they hover over the card like they don't understand. To funny.

Top Bottom