Mini-map while driving needs to be zoomed out

+
I think there is a mod for this on Nexus; have not installed it yet but already using one better vehicle handling mod

I feel your pain, I have a 21:9, 38" monitor, makes it even worst! Lots of games have integrated on-screen display sizes options, why isnt available to increase map size! tiny tiny tiny

Agreed!
At least in Claire's quest the road gives you heads up arrows about what is about to happen on the road and the route yo need to follow.

Agreed. It's zoomed in too much in general but on foot it's not as bad an issue because you are moving slower. When driving it becomes much worse.

I think the player should be able to choose the minimap zoom level as an option in the menus.

Or at least let us adjust the zoom on the mini-map or something, driving in the game feels nice but constantly doing 3-9000 point turns when I miss an exit is making me want to just fast travel everywhere.
I agree, that minimap needs zoom in or zoom out depending the speed

Another idea is also automatic driving or pressing an action button so that the vehicle adapts to the road, as was done in The Witcher 3. Frankly, I do not understand how in a world with implants and cutting-edge technology this has not happened option . We hope that in future updates the community will be heard to implement these improvements.

By the way, in Watch Dogs it is very well implemented.
So how do you people expect the implementatin of an auto drive mode in a game were not even the AI is able to drive? Plz keep it realistic!

Nexus mod is must have for me. It really helped me driving around.

I think the main problem why we dont have zoom out option is that map has a lot of layers as NC is not flat and that transition is very much visible while climbing on buildings and generally changing your height. Maybe they decided that it will not look nice when in small zoom option as everything around on a map will be constantly changing? Anyway, for me they picked wrong solution if that was a cause.

It kind of makes me sad that modders are fixing this game ten times faster than CDPR.. and CDPR are the ones sitting on all the knowledge, all the code, all the experience working with the game engine.

In my company we have big patches for security flaws and big core updates. In between those big patches we have something which we internally call "Low Hanging Fruit". It means that our developers has this list of smaller issues that they can pick and choose from when they have a slower period between the bigger patches. Usually it's just quality of life improvements, like interface changes, adding data to a view, stuff like that. We patch out low hanging fruit regularly, which is awesome for our end users since the system is constantly improving and kept agile and fresh.

I wish CDPR had a system like that because this mini map zoom sounds exactly like one of those issues that is a relatively small fix, but gets stuck behind the major patch release schedule instead.

the game mini-map needs to be evolved. this one we currently have is stupid as you can't see anything when to turn or when to brake. you basically are forced to drive like a lawful citizen. Look at Watch dogs: Legion map system. that thing is something that should be used in Cyberpunk2077 as it makes more sense since V is basically a cyborg.

yeah they really need a fix on that ... I thought I was the only one who felt uncomfortable with the mini map while driving xP

Driving with the current map is just stressful, you have to scope your mini map at every intersection and be ready to smash the breaks at all times; all the while trying to avoid kissing other cars. Really wish Geforce Now would support mods lol

In between those big patches we have something which we internally call "Low Hanging Fruit".
Tbh with the state of console releases I must imagine they have a whole field of low branching trees to harvest atm; must be item #6500 on someone's to-do list. Makes me wonder if the team is even scouting for community feedback on non-bug related features atm though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom