Mod editor

+
Just some minor bug fixes. There was an issue adding chunks of types that didn't exist within the file yet. Someone did report that bug at some point but I could never pinpoint the issue, until I ran into it when I made my companion mod :p

do you think you could get the last few unknown bytes fixed in .w2p and .w2mg files? we're so close already.

thanks

And maybe also fix the crashing issue when trying to open .redcloth files?

Cheers,
This !

Letting us at least change the path of the textures within it would be great!

Well right now it's possible with an hexa editor, so I guess can happen with W3Editor too :)

Last edited:
I would like to add new redcloth files. At least as renaming existing copies. But the game somehow crashes from them.

I would like to add new redcloth files. At least as renaming existing copies. But the game somehow crashes from them.

Well, I suppose you are doing something wrong then! You could upload it, I can examine it, see if there is anything obvious wrong with it, beyond that... *shrug*

Also, how did you make the file? did you duplicate an existing one and change that?

Also, how did you make the file? did you duplicate an existing one and change that?
Yes. I took the original redcloth file. Copy it to the Windows Explorer. Connect it by writing in w2ent file. I am doing a lot of times with different files. The result is one game crashes to the desktop. Even through the DLC adds.

Yes. I took the original redcloth file. Copy it to the Windows Explorer. Connect it by writing in w2ent file. I am doing a lot of times with different files. The result is one game crashes to the desktop. Even through the DLC adds.

I'm not exactly sure what is wrong, I do know that I had issues with dlc' finding their files and crashing because of it. But it could also just be that the file is corrupted, I didn't actually test saving a .redcloth file, to see if the result was still valid. Though I don't do anything special that could result in corruption afaik. I do know that entity files still have a whole bunch of stuff in there which I'm not really sure about why it's there. Like the embedded files. whether or not those things are just remnants of how their editor works or.. setting overrides or whatever. Could be it's going wrong somewhere there. *could be* a lot of things, but it's all guesswork.

I'm taken and repacked DLC10 your program with the Armor School Wolf. Everything is working. No problem. Then I took the file from another redcloth armor d_01_mg__wolf_px.redcloth renamed and replaced them by the original Armor Wolf. As a result, this part of the game just disappears. So they packed fine, but they need to work something else.

I'm taken and repacked DLC10 your program with the Armor School Wolf. Everything is working. No problem. Then I took the file from another redcloth armor d_01_mg__wolf_px.redcloth renamed and replaced them by the original Armor Wolf. As a result, this part of the game just disappears. So they packed fine, but they need to work something else.

You have to rename a path that the file point to itself.

Like dlc\dlc10\.......\d_01_mg__wolf_px.redcloth

So you got and copied this to dlc\whatever\.....\new_cloth.redcloth

If you open new_cloth.redcloth you will still see the old path pointing to dlc10 (not the textures, the textures can stay as they are) in one of the variables, you need to change that to your.

I could post screenshots later about this. But think by then you will have figured this out already :)

If you open new_cloth.redcloth you will still see the old path pointing to dlc10 (not the textures, the textures can stay as they are) in one of the variables, you need to change that to your.
This does not work. I tried.

Tell me, good people, where edit the levels and characteristics of the monsters in Blood and Wine. For example wolves.

Hi Sarcen,

Is there something broken with the reimporting of swfResource for .redswf files? I am noticing that after importing the exact export with zero edits, the # of bytes becomes different after import. This results in the .redswf becoming broken on some files, but not all.

For example...
1. New Mod
2. Add File > gameplay\gui_new\swf|common\panel_common.redswf
3. Select "CSwfResource #1"
4. In "swfResource", export the .swf file. Notice the bytes size
5. Reimport the exact same .swf file that we just exported
6. Yes to compress
7. Click away from the field to finalize. Notice the new bytes size. It is different from the one on step #4

Packing and installing this mod which did nothing but export/import swfResource results in it being completely broken as seen here http://i.imgur.com/TujF9Lc.png

Hi Sarcen,

Is there something broken with the reimporting of swfResource for .redswf files? I am noticing that after importing the exact export with zero edits, the # of bytes becomes different after import. This results in the .redswf becoming broken on some files, but not all.

For example...
1. New Mod
2. Add File > gameplay\gui_new\swf|common\panel_common.redswf
3. Select "CSwfResource #1"
4. In "swfResource", export the .swf file. Notice the bytes size
5. Reimport the exact same .swf file that we just exported
6. Yes to compress
7. Click away from the field to finalize. Notice the new bytes size. It is different from the one on step #4

Packing and installing this mod which did nothing but export/import swfResource results in it being completely broken as seen here http://i.imgur.com/TujF9Lc.png

it works though, I think you shouldnt compress.

I made a complete new hud element and it never broke anything. I know that @erxv was also working on some hud / menu elements, never had a problem re-importing either.

dont compress, and save/try almost after every change, sometimes you change something and importing it back in breaks it, and then you do the same thing again and it doesnt break.....

it works though, I think you shouldnt compress.

I made a complete new hud element and it never broke anything. I know that @erxv was also working on some hud / menu elements, never had a problem re-importing either.
Hm. Can you please try with the exact file I mentioned? I've already gone through most of the gameplay\gui_new\swf files. Most work as expected, but there are a handful that just gets reimported into garbage. Most files import fine, but the ones that don't work aren't importing correctly even with zero edits. I've tried compressed and uncompressed, but the only difference seems to be what kind of garbage it decides to spit out.

Compressed: http://i.imgur.com/TujF9Lc.png
Uncompressed: http://i.imgur.com/UEbBXwk.jpg

1. swfResource from panel_common.redswf is 248321 bytes from Mod Editor
2. Export it
3. Import it uncompressed. It now shows as 503816 bytes in Mod Editor
4. Pack and Install the mod, fire up game, bring up Common Menu ingame <-- all garbage
5. Reimport the swfResource, repeat step 4, still garbage

These files don't seem to work properly.
panel_common.redswf <-- broken in both compressed and uncompressed
panel_glossary_tutorials.redswf <-- broken in both
popup_loot.redswf <-- broken in compressed, seems to work in uncompressed
popup_tutorial.redswf <-- broken in both

The compressed seems to be completely broken while the uncompressed seems to be broken in the sense that there are some elements being replaced by a green texture. Oddly enough though the CRC checksum of the export at step #2 is exactly the same as the file if I exported again at step #3. Perhaps the exact same swfResource is somehow turning into garbage from wcc_lite???

Edit: Yup, unfortunately definitely does not work on all files.

Last edited:
Top Bottom