[Mod Idea] Reducing wind effect

+
[Mod Idea] Reducing wind effect

Is there any possible way to make the wind in The Witcher 3 a little less strong? I'm not a huge fan of trees bending like they do in the game and was wondering if there was some way to help reduce that effect.

have you ever been on the open air? even when there is weak wind the leaves of the trees move, and that effect in the game makes it more "living and breathing" and realistic, without it, the game landscapes and environmets and trees would not look so alive, everything would be static and dull and lifeless like n many, many other games

have you ever been on the open air? even when there is weak wind the leaves of the trees move, and that effect in the game makes it more "living and breathing" and realistic, without it, the game landscapes and environmets and trees would not look so alive, everything would be static and dull and lifeless like n many, many other games

They don't have to be completely static. A little wind is fine, but when trees bend nearly 90 degrees from the near constant hurricane force winds in the game, it becomes kind of annoying.

The trees do in fact move a bit excessively. I'd be a fan of reducing the effect (even modulating it a bit to make it look more natural)

I agree. Removing the wind effect is a bad idea. But then, I can also see why some people don't like how excessive it may sometimes seem.
And to be honest, although it may be perceived as the movement that is the problem, I think it is the audio.
The sound of the trees are way too loud in comparison with the rest of the ambient sounds it's mixed in with.

The audio in this otherwise wonderful game was not mixed very well at all.

I agree. Removing the wind effect is a bad idea. But then, I can also see why some people don't like how excessive it may sometimes seem.
And to be honest, although it may be perceived as the movement that is the problem, I think it is the audio.
The sound of the trees are way too loud in comparison with the rest of the ambient sounds it's mixed in with.

The audio in this otherwise wonderful game was not mixed very well at all.

If you look closely, the OP asks to "Reduce" the intensity of the effect, not remove it.
The Audio does work in line with the wind intensity, though it doesn't change the fact that as a package, it is too intense.

To be honest, in terms of level environmental audio mixing, they did an excellent job.

If anything, along with reducing (and if possible modulation) the effect, the audio would have to be tweaked in turn to reflect the waves of wind.
Since this isn't possible, I'd be happy with a reduction in intensity and mild variation in terms of visuals at the very least.

erxv

Forum veteran
A little wind is fine, but when trees bend nearly 90 degrees from the near constant hurricane force winds in the game, it becomes kind of annoying.

no need to exaggerate

you can reduce the wind effect from the weather table csv, its a value ranging from 0 to 0.9 depending on the weather preset, so you can have literally 0 wind while raining ect ...

I've edited the windScale variables, but in-game the weather defaults to clear weather with no clouds and will not change even with console commands.

I did something like that before, to achieve the stlm clear weather without wind. if you list which changes you want during which weather, I could try look into it, if I got time. I'm making no promises, but I definitely would do it.

Sorry for not responding in awhile. I'm unfamiliar with how to edit the game files and while it seems simple enough to change values, if anyone could tell me what to do/how to do it I'd be grateful. Also the reason why I want this change is because I've never seen trees bend like they do during a storm or such like they do in The Witcher 3. It's a very odd effect and while it isn't enough to break immersion, it comes close to it for me during storms.

Attachments

• witcher3_2016_05_14_02_12_16_689.jpg
    witcher3_2016_05_14_02_12_16_689.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 294
I might be wrong, but the animation of the trees are not by wind influence.

Making the wind 0 will affect the water waves, but not the trees "swing".

I might be wrong, but the animation of the trees are not by wind influence.

Making the wind 0 will affect the water waves, but not the trees "swing".

I already did it, I had set the windscale to 0 or 0.1 for some light cloudy weathers, and the trees stand nearly still. the leaves moved a bit, but the "swing" was gone should also work for storm, for example

Top Bottom