Mouse cursor/pointer missing

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to the board, first post, first warning, Dont use capital letters, it is consider as screaming, add to that the abreviation you used.... If you need help, start by looking at the stickies, you will find out how to get some, if by any chance you see the Search option, try it, maybe you can find someting with cursor in it.

im having same problem on an hp dv9700 notebook. nvidia 8600. intel core 2 duo @ 2.6 ghz. vista 64-bit with service pack one. 4gb ram.looked for updated graphics drive and found no more updates and have latest patch for the witcher..any suggestions?

hypernoobie said:
im having same problem on an hp dv9700 notebook. nvidia 8600. intel core 2 duo @ 2.6 ghz. vista 64-bit with service pack one. 4gb ram.looked for updated graphics drive and found no more updates and have latest patch for the witcher..any suggestions?
did you changed anything (software related) lately? what Direct X version ?

i just downloaded latest direct x and installed.. ran game and same thing.. no visible mouse even though im still able to scroll around and click on links.as for changing anything else... the only thing was that security feature that comes with vista.. .. security account control is off

can you try with compatibility mode? ( in /The Witcher/System/witcher.exe right click -> properties -> Compatibility -> Windows XP SP2 -> Apply -> OK ) and then run witcher.exe

ok i figured it out.. i dont know why it took me so long to get it.. the game doesnt recognize any fancy additions to the mouse, i.e. having tails or inverted colors...im not sure if it's just having a tail is what does it or if everything has to be back to the normal white arrow because i did it all at once and i didnt check. but it runs fine now.. it makes the game a whole heck of a lot easier. just revert to all the default settings just to be on the safe side.

???i have a problem with the game it runs pefect but my mouse pointer will not show up it makes it very difficult to click on stuff

Maybe you have not the isometric view. In this case mouse pointer only shows up when you press the SHIFT-button.U can change that with buttons F2/F3 but i'm not completely sure.

ok well i think i figured it out i went to the main menu then went to options ant took it off off of full screen and now it works fine its just a smaller screen

Not to add insult to injury or anything, but you shouldn't have to do that.My point is: be patient and keep looking for a true solution rather than a work-around!

yea your right i should find a way to fix instead of going around i have had the game for a week and a half so just for now i found a way around it so i could play the game finaly

Well it sounds like a problem with your mouse being displayed on a full screen as opposed to windowed.Do you have this problem with any other (new) games?Also, are you using any drivers for your mouse or just PnP?

So do you use any extra drivers for your mouse or any program that may influence mouse behavior?Also, have you tried alt+tab or ctrl+esc out of the game and then returning to it to see if the mouse comes back?

I have this slight problem. My pointers dissapeard. I need it to see to play the game.It has now dissapeard and I cant play the game.Any sudgestions of what happend would be greatly erm...welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom