Movies / TV Shows!

+
Nah.

Nobody's whose making the choices is clearly right in that situation. They're all willing to murder for their own selfish desires towards what they consider to be ultimately noble ends. It's literally the Tolly Car dilemma. That's why it's a philosophical dilemma, there is no good answer. The Fireflies are willing to kill one to save many, and Joel is willing to kill many to save one whom he cares about. Both are morally and ethically questionable. That's part of what makes it interesting.
All I know is that Joel chose what any father would

Ach. Another vampire movie. . . just what the world needed.
Are you saying they suck?

colin.gif

In all seriousness, the fact that it has Liam Cunningham makes me intrigued.

Not my kind of movie and I assume this type of story still "work. It's almost like Alien but on a boat instead of a space ship and a vampire instead of an Alien. The beast will eat one by one each team mate until the "savior" kill the monster (or not^^).

Guys, guys, it's not just a vampire movie! It's about a rather small part from Bram Stoker's "Dracula" novel. Dracula secretly embarks on a sea voyage from Romania to London and along the way he kills the entire crew and only a derelict ship arrives in port, leaving the authorities confused.
What I find cool is that they took that small part and made an entire movie of it. I wonder if they'll kill off the entire crew in the movie too, or if they'll leave one lone survivor.

Nah.

Nobody's whose making the choices is clearly right in that situation. They're all willing to murder for their own selfish desires towards what they consider to be ultimately noble ends. It's literally the Tolly Car dilemma. That's why it's a philosophical dilemma, there is no good answer. The Fireflies are willing to kill one to save many, and Joel is willing to kill many to save one whom he cares about. Both are morally and ethically questionable. That's part of what makes it interesting.
Ah, the famous consequentialist debate that has no equilibrium solution:
  • Spock sacrifices himself for the Enterprise crew
    • Spock: "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few; or of the one."
  • Enterprise crew sacrifices itself to rescue and restore him to life
    • Kirk: "Because the needs of the one outweighed the needs of the many."

Naked Lunch.

Got it in my hot little hands a few days ago. I remember it was out there (as was I back then) but damn...

Peter Weller rocks.

* Loved his Fringe episode too.

You guys hear that rumor about Lucas buying back Star Wars?
It's a comforting hope, albeit a false one. I hope I'm wrong.

You guys hear that rumor about Lucas buying back Star Wars?
It's a comforting hope, albeit a false one. I hope I'm wrong.
Heard some rumours, yeah. No idea where these things start, but people (myself included) have wanted Lucasfilm in better hands since Disney acquired it.

Top Bottom