My Deep Sadness as I Close In on The End...And a Couple of ???s too.

+
My Deep Sadness as I Close In on The End...And a Couple of ???s too.

First off, I don't know if this is the right place...I might mention spoiler type things so it seemed safer to post it here.

I have a deep sadness building as I play through The Wild Hunt...it builds and grows with every step I take.

I am a new convert to the world, I didn't play the first game OR the second one. I came into contact with TW2 when it was offered as a free to play game from Xbox Live a few months ago. Even then I started it but the controls didn't feel right and the graphic were crap on the 360 so I deleted it.

Now, I am on my first 'real' playthrough of The Wild Hunt and I am sick for not having tried the other games or not having read the books...but trust me, those mistakes I aim to remedy right quick! However, as I said, I have reached the Isle of Mist and thankfully it warned me away(I was under leveled because I hadn't gained ANY XPs since arriving in Skellige...and I didn't even notice I was so into the story). So I turned around and I now find myself even more sad for it.

The mood changed when Iistened to Pricilla's song a second time and THEN I began hearing the background track, the one when Yen was around, I began to hear it during peaceful times, Geralt was standing in the woods or on top of a hill looking at the sunset. The production on this game is breathtaking really.

To be honest, I am almost afraid to finish the game considering all the horror stories I see keep popping up here about how bad someone's ending was. I have yet to see a thread about someone really loving the way it turned out for them. Feels like everyone seems at the best numb with the way it ends. Don't know if I want to open that door...

I haven't felt this sad ever for a game and the only thing that it compares to is the horrible feeling of watching the FINAL episode of Firefly...on DVD! This compares favorably to that feeling of helplessness and stupidity for not watching the series when it was LIVE on TV. This game is like that...I am instantly drawn to Geralt's and his plight. I want to see more from him and the Yen, and Ciri...and Triss(my NEXT trip through)!!!

SO, I come to my question and thanks for reading up to this point...

Not having ANY past experience with how CDPR does things; is there a REAL chance we could see more from them on the romance/relationships side? To soothe this out for some of us? Is likely we'll see more from them to flesh out Geralt's love interests, i.e., his choices before they completely abandon The Wild Hunt?

And finally(AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!), is there really a way to have a GOOD ending? I don't want details...just a way to know I am not gonna end up dropping 200+ hours only to feel like crap...I am 50 years old and I have a daughter who will be 5(FIVE) tomorrow...I don't need any other reasons to feel like an old sad man! :)

Thanks for your time and attention and I look forward to discussing this with you!

R

Last edited:
@Riddlin

happy early bday!
and dont worry about feeling like an old sad man, you can join the club theres tea and crumpets on the table (just leave the butterscotch ones alone or things will not end well! :p)

there are several quests you can do with triss(and rekindle the love affair you had with her in the last 2 games, though you didnt play them sadly)

you get more face time with yen on skellige, and have a quest regarding her romance with geralt(tbh having read some of the books i dont like how this quest is handled and it seems that a lot of other people from both yen and triss's side harbor that sentiment as well)
on the other hand there is a quest that has geralt+ciri+yen that was just brilliant (wish there were more instances like this, sadly its close to the end of the game)

regarding the books, if you love fantasy books or high fantasy books(elves dwarves and the such are considered high fantasy) then you'll love the books!, im about mid-midend of baptism of fire book, ive been read "the last wish", "blood of elves", "time of contempt", back to back and sadly was blazing through them because im "thirsty" for more, id advise you to do the same(though not blaze read the books) so you get proper continuation moving between the books.

regarding the ends: well its probably going to depend on you and how you react to them, there is a "bad" ending, and 2 some what "good" endings though they were bittersweet (more bitter than sweet because i think that the endings are very lacking in providing data of what happened, youll understand what i mean when you finally finish it)

as to the W1/2/3 games, you should definitely play W1/2 it will give you better understanding of the world and characters(as will the books) because they are quite good, they arent perfect though so dont get your hopes for playing splitting image of perfection games, they have their flaws but i trust that youll be able to disregard them and immerse yourself in the wonderful experience that they offer you.

Thanks Folk,

I am going to probably pick up W1&W2 before the month is up and as soon as my wife gets home tonight I am gonna get her to fire up her Kindle and get the first of the books...still deciding if I want to do the Audible version or read, I am old after all...

I do REALLY hope they give us a 'do-over' or at least a "redo" on the endings...I mean, I feel this way and all I've done is upTO the Isle of Mist!!! I am taking the "Yen is the only one for me..." route and hopefully can give Ciri the space, freedom and faith to do the right things in the end...so I HOPE I get one of the 'good' endings :D

i would recommend having multiple saves, especially before quests that you think are important, besides you can always replay the game, or if you just MUST have the perfect ending you can google for the condition "lockers" of each ending and what needs to be done to lock onto a specific ending.

i have no idea what kindle is (im serious :p), i have my witcher books audible, cause i dont have a lot of room to store hardcovers since i have well over 200 audiobooks,
id have to have a storage area specifically dedicated for books if i had all of those in hardcovers... :book:

Top Bottom