Narrators Voice

+
Narrators Voice

Now first of all i want to make clear that this is not an attack on the game.
Witcher 3 is pretty much my favoirite Rpg to date and i doubt any game will change that in the near future.
That being said i am curious about one thing. The Narrator that narrates (duh) the loading sequences is supposed to be Dandellion, which is all the more apparent during the loading sequences in Novigrad. However, he does decididly not sound like Dandellion at all.
Dandellions voice in game is a lot higher than then voice of the narrator and the voices don't really sound alike at all.
And i am just a bit baffled why that is. I don't see any reason why they would choose another voice actor, when they had the one allready there for the voice recordings of the ingame scenes.
So ... what's up with that?

luc0s

Forum veteran
Yeah sounds like an older Dandelion to me. I mean if he's narrating the story of TW3 then at the very least his narration takes place after the entire game, probably way after.

I am wondering is that only in the english version? Because in the german one it is the same VA for Dandelion.

How is it in polish and the others?

luc0s

Forum veteran
I am wondering is that only in the english version? Because in the german one it is the same VA for Dandelion.

How is it in polish and the others?

In the English version it's also the same VA, he just uses a lower and more serious voice during the narration.

In the English version it's also the same VA, he just uses a lower and more serious voice during the narration.

It is? Ok, i was merely wondering because the voices sound so different i just couldn't get my mind around the idea of why they would possibly use two VA's for the same role.

I think what it tries to portray is Dandelion telling the story when he's much, much older in life. (maybe in his 60s or 70s) Hence why the narration is different there in terms of the way he sounds cause it's a much older man talking, but we still get the same VO from Witcher 2 when you actually meet Dandelion in the actual game, so that's all I cared about, lol. .

luc0s

Forum veteran
It is? Ok, i was merely wondering because the voices sound so different i just couldn't get my mind around the idea of why they would possibly use two VA's for the same role.

Yeah it is. The fact that he sounds almost like a different person in the narration just goes to show how good his voice-actor is.

Same goes for Geralt. He sounds old and grumpy in the games but have you ever heard what the voice-actors sounds like in real-life? It's like a completely different voice!

Makes sense that he might have to be much older in order to tell the story. If you're going to tell a story as it is happening or right after it's over Dandellion might make a bunch of enemies insulting those: kings, nobles, sorceresses, generals, etc. he'd get burned alive for slander and spying in no time flat.

Sometimes you have to wait for the political climate and tensions to die down before you can tell the whole story... Like how some governments declassify some reports after decades have passed.

I thought it was the elven masked mage. Just because in one of the cuts he says something like "but finding me proved to be no easy task", and that was right after one of the missions with Keira. It may be Dandelion (it is the most obvious choice, tbh), but I didn't find difficult at all finding him.

Same goes for Geralt. He sounds old and grumpy in the games but have you ever heard what the voice-actors sounds like in real-life? It's like a completely different voice!

I Imagine most people may have already seen this, as it is now rather old, but, still interesting. You can hear hints of Geralt in the intonation of certain words, particularly in the natural throaty quality of Cockle's voice.
[video=youtube;ygcbr-nK1vQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygcbr-nK1vQ[/video]

I always find it interesting when we see the people behind the voices.

Last edited:
Top Bottom