"Never let the witcher guess what you hide from him."

+
slimgrin said:
Besides, would Geralt be more reluctant to help Yeneffer than Triss?
Well, it might not be about help. I can see where Yennefer might want to have a fresh start with Geralt, without all the history they have behind them. Or she could be testing him, to see if he loves her essence even when it's not in her raven-haired body. With Yennefer, it could be anything ... that woman has the mind of a snake.

To reduce such a major plot point to Yennefer's own personal or romantic idiosyncrasies would be a little weak imo. Maybe someone in the lodge requested she do it. At any rate, it's highly unlikely, as you said.

It's stated elsewhere that Philippa Eilhart is the only member of the Lodge of Sorceresses who is capable of shape-shifting. Maybe Yennefer wouldn't need a shape-shift, just contact lenses and a dye job. But Triss is well known in Vizima, making the act of impersonating her especially difficult and risky.I know the game makes little of distinguishing marks, but canonical Triss had a disfiguring scar on her chest, and canonical Yennefer had a not-entirely-concealed crookback. Neither is seen on in-game Triss.Anyway, I still think the best explanation is the simplest. Geralt is a straightforward man of action, and he is caught in a situation that calls for patience and diplomacy. The sorceresses' concern that he might upset the web they are spinning for the enemies of the Lodge and the King by taking matters into his own hands and settling them by his witcher code of honor is a very real concern.

Why do you all go so extreme? Think of it this way, what if Yennefer is indeed alive but doesn't know Geralt is and Triss knows this. Wouldn't that make sense to hide? If you're in love with Geralt and he has no memory of his true love.Stated, it would be weird if every character we expect die would come alive, but rather that theory than a impersonation. I'm not sure if I remeber this properly, but didn't the medallion react only when Azar impersonated and not the other times. That way it's unreasonable to think Triss is Yennefer.

I will be very happy if the thing that Triss is hiding is something about Yennefer. I really hope she is alive and in the end of the witcher 2 you bring her back to life :)))))))))

Personally, I hope it has nothing to do with Yennefer, and we won´t have to deal with her in TW2. Also it seems a little weird to me that during resolving important political matters and so on the lodge of sorceresses would be interested in Triss´s personal life - of course it could be only this one sorceress who cares about it. But even if Yennefer was alive, she never wanted to be a part o the Lodge so I would presume they wouldn´t care about her either. And I really don´t think any other ressurection like Geralt´s is out of question. I would say it´s maybe a common warning, something like: " don´t dring milk after eating cherries" (it´s said in my country, I don´t know if you know such an expression :D) and probably it includes politics...

As intriguing as Cassandras theory is, I'd say it's rather unlikely. Major spoilers from the books incoming
All this considering nothing got lost in translation, as I can't speak any Polish, other than Hello and Thank you.Geralt and Yennefer both die, practically next to each other, Geralt stabbed and Yennefer using the last of her powers to cast healing spells to no avail. Ciri then sends them both away on a boat, possibly into another dimension. If this is just afterlife, where Yen and Geralt finally are together without a world to interfere or if Ciri used her command over space and time to somehow revive them is not certain as it is, most likely intentionally, left very vague. Personally I think, considering the nature of the conversation between Geralt and Yennefer, in which he mentions how his chest is bandaged and hurts, that they are somehow alive as it's rather weird to have a bandaged chest in afterlife. However their conclusion, that it doesn't really matter where they are, as long as they're together sounds rather like united in death forever.So, if Yennefer didn't manage to return to life beforehand, or them never being dead in the first place, changing into Triss is rather impossible.
My theory is rather simple: the Lodge simply doesn't want Geralt to know about his past, because he could become a nuisance to them. Without his memories, he practically lacks his old character and is easier to control. Not to mention that the pogrom in which he died seems rather fabricated, possibly by the Lodge (without the knowledge of Triss, obviously).

I would say the sorceress on the other side of the mirror (probably Filippa Eilhart) is saying Triss should never mention Yennefer. And not for the sake of Triss herself, mind you. The Lodge would want Geralt to give Alvin to Triss, much like they wanted Ciri. Already in the books Triss was carefully balancing between working with the Lodge and loyalty to her friends, so there's no telling how this thread will develop.Also, to add important stuff to Scamso's spoilers:
Triss was also there at the end. When Ciri was transporting Geralt and Yennefer to wherever, Triss asked Ciri to allow her to go with them, Ciri replied that Triss didn't know what she was asking for...

I think is Philippa trying to make alliance between sorceresses and Foltest. I suppose that the thing Triss has to hide to Geralt is her political game.

Also, of course, I dont think Triss hide Alvin to the rest of the sorceresses. Probably Philippa (the woman in the mirror imo) wants to talk with him, she arranged a meeting with Triss and Alvin and, if Geralt knows that, he wont allowed.

It looks like this topic was started shortly before the release of The Witcher 2, but given the revelations from Triss in that game, would anyone argue with me if I said that Triss was hiding the existence of the Lodge (and her membership) and the extent of their political schemes?

Is it possible CDPR planned that far ahead plot-wise? I could believe it.

The Lodge of Sorceresses is supposed to be a well-kept secret. And we know that Philippa is a master schemer and that the Lodge had far-reaching plans regarding the ruling of the nations.

Triss was forced to hide from Geralt many things for other members of the Lodge. This, as per their order, or if you like, guidance. They all knew and feared Geralt, especially so now he has amnesia. They knew perfectly well what this morally decent, helping fellow can achieve if he targets or pursues anything.

They had a secret organization, knowing many things, actively mixing in politics, scheming and even conspiring against a certain king and his life, even planning to steal part of his lands for the Lodge's interests. Their pitiful excuse was their desire for a stable and more powerful north, and place in court for those damned sorceresses. Plus they knew both about salamandra and the neighboring realms and rulers' ambitions/movements against temeria, or if you prefer, against temeria's best interests for itself.

As Triss reveals when you go to save her in second game, the other women stopped trusting and calling her in talks. Not only they directly used and discarded her, but they also manipulated partly Geralt and his memories, either through her, or themselves (like Sile in 2).

That was awesome. In the first game, you get such a nice play to captivate your interest, and your curiosity and need to learn about it and explain it fully, cannot be sated but only at the end of the second game. Very clever that one. Great tricks CDPR can pull. Nice going.

years later, i would safely assume she's conversing with none other than phillipa eilheart?

the appearance of radovid in the first game (anyone got any tartare catoplebas steak? lol) is kind of nudge in that direction anyway.

Top Bottom