New CG Cinematic for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Shows Geralt “Killing Monsters”

+
cmdrsilverbolt said:
Well, if you think that ignoring the woman was the greater evil (because you think the soldiers are well within their rights), and choosing to be neutral was the lesser evil, then helping her seems like not choosing.
But isn't ignoring her and being neutral the same thing? Or what do you mean by being neutral? Killing everyone indiscriminately? In that case, it would be not choosing, perhaps, but helping her is still one of the "evils" as I see it.

mpayo said:
I've never played any of the AC games. I've heard some mixed opinions about them and apparently the series has been going downhill. I remember seeing some AC trailers though and remember the combat looking very impressive. But here I see the comparison to AC is seen as a negative thing.

AC1 - VERY repetitive.

Ezio´s trilogy - very good, all 3 games were worth it.

AC3 - played a bit, not enough to form an opinion yet.

Some combat moves do look really cool, without going into DA2 rogue silliness.

It would be nice if we had a choice in the game and not just watch Geralt save the girl without any input.

theFixer said:
But isn't ignoring her and being neutral the same thing? Or what do you mean by being neutral? Killing everyone indiscriminately? In that case, it would be not choosing, perhaps, but helping her is still one of the "evils" as I see it.
Well, I imagined this-

If Geralt doesn't want to get involved because of apathy, he ignores her; greater evil because he's capable of doing something, but doesn't do it.

If Geralt doesn't want to get involved because of neutrality, he ignores her; lesser evil because he chooses not to judge anyone.

If Geralt wants to get involved, he doesn't ignore her.

The problem is that the first two options yield the same result so they seem the same.

This is just my reasoning, so no one need get up in arms about this.

theFixer said:
It would be nice if we had a choice in the game and not just watch Geralt save the girl without any input.

The game story will probably start some time after this point. I wouldn't count on seeing this scenario in the game, but perhaps we might see its aftereffects, which would be cool :]

Killing Monsters PL

Here's Polish version of this CGI. The reason I'm putting that here is you (whoever is interested in of course) can compare English and original voice over.

Don't get me wrong, I know English Geralt sounds bad ass but the way the Polish Geralt speaks and sounds gives me shivers. :)

Maybe it's a flashback from before the game series? I hope not because it would be awesome if Vesemir was in the game. But apart from that, the trailer seems to be there to set the mood so it's not essential that this particular event has anything to do with TW3 plot and so it could be a flashback.

And it that is the case, it also makes more sense that we don't get any say what happens, because we didn't get any say in the books either. It doesn't matter to me though. But maybe it does for those who didn't like the choice that Geralt made.

Oh noooooo!!!
perfect video, great incredible tomorrow is April 2014?
thanks for showing good luck in further work

mpayo said:
Maybe it's a flashback from before the game series? I hope not because it would be awesome if Vesemir was in the game. But apart from that, the trailer seems to be there to set the mood so it's not essential that this particular event has anything to do with TW3 plot and so it could be a flashback.

And it that is the case, it also makes more sense that we don't get any say what happens, because we didn't get any say in the books either. It doesn't matter to me though. But maybe it does for those who didn't like the choice that Geralt made.

Nah, Geralt rocks the beard as he does by default in TW3 (he hated being unshaven in the books), and they're riding through No Man's Land, which is an area in TW3 which is a result of the invasion at the end of TW2.

hum, what's with the "error" in the cinematic? At 1:06, we see the girl having the rope on the neck and being brought up. Then, in the rest of the trailer, she no longer has the rope around her neck.

vivaxardas said:
They are not really abusing her, they are preparing to hang her for a crime. Geralt did not cut loose on Loredo for hanging an elven girl in Flotsam, so he is not such a big protector of women after all. And by my lights looting and killing off wounded is way bigger crime, and pretty much inexcusable.

"They are not really abusing her..." Really? Maybe something wrong with me but: "Bring her down. Do it my way. Get a hammer." suggest that they planing to do something more then only hang her. And Geralt didn't react before this soldier have said that.

DownyTif said:
hum, what's with the "error" in the cinematic? At 1:06, we see the girl having the rope on the neck and being brought up. Then, in the rest of the trailer, she no longer has the rope around her neck.

Yeah, there's definitely some odd editing there. The first we see her, she has a red mark on her neck, as if she already had the rope around her neck before.

Also, as they're pulling her across the ground, you can glimpse her face, and she lacks any facial animation even though she's supposed to be screaming.

I really feel sorry for those poor nilfgaardian soldiers. I hope Geralt isn't some anti-nilfgaard person this time. After all I expected to join their forces

TRAILER.

The trailer was awesome!!

I am surprised though at people taking it so literally, where it was only supposed to show you the core of Geralt's character. A man with black and white morality who acts on instinct. That has always been his character even back in TW1, and the reason why he is a disappointed idealistic cynic is because he has to live in a world where black and white morality just doesn't work.

Kodaemon said:
Yeah, there's definitely some odd editing there. The first we see her, she has a red mark on her neck, as if she already had the rope around her neck before.

Also, as they're pulling her across the ground, you can glimpse her face, and she lacks any facial animation even though she's supposed to be screaming.

If you listen to the backgoround what soldiers say it goes more-less like this.
<we see them pulling her up and the piece of medallion comes up>
-Ahh. cunt bit me
-bring her down, we do it my way
-like that you bitch?
-Get the hammer..
-(get ?) her teeth then
<here Geralt stops and does his job>

That's why the girl is on her feet and not hanging.

that woman probably didn´t have any choice. her crops are most likely destroyed from the war, her husband is either fighting somewhere or dead. she´d die anyway, so why would she care ?

Top Bottom