New CG Cinematic for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Shows Geralt “Killing Monsters”

+
AgentBlue said:
Err, because she offered resistance all thought?

The only resistance we saw is her biting a finger. How do you know that she resisted before, in a way that would warrant punching her in the face and tearing her clothes off?

And you say they were in a hurry to hang her. No, they punched her in the gut while she wasn't doing anything.

Again, judging from the trailer, what makes you think that? What authorizes the suspicion?

Common sense and knowing how soldiers behave in war.

If what you are saying is that I need to shut my brain off and take everything at face value, then no I will not.

Regardless, my statement was I take their punitive intent to be an indication of her gilt. I'd say this is a fairly open remark.

The possibility of her guilt, sure. Or just sadism or venting up frustrations.

Agent_Blue

cmdrsilverbolt said:
so what you're arguing is why we all don't see what you see.

Remember that PM I sent you about the use of 'we'?

Even if that were true, should I change my mind because «you» «all» think a certain way?

Sorry, but it looks as though this is getting a bit dangerously personal, so I'll cop out.
Feel free to PM me.

Cheers.

AgentBlue said:
Err, because she offered resistance all thought?

This was meant as a remark to your suggestion the beating had begun prior to what's show.

Again, judging from the trailer, what makes you think that? What authorizes the suspicion?

Not all speculation was created equal. Certainly, I'm trying hard here not to invoke what's not shown but I can't be overly sure others aren't, I'm affraid.

Regardless, my statement was I take their punitive intent to be an indication of her gilt. I'd say this is a fairly open remark.

And how do you know they are not desertors who have seen how a starved girl was taking what they consider their loot? What do you believe in the appearances so easily? Could you be so gullible if you were in a scenario as is described? .As I've said more than twice, the footage start with a deal between Geralt and one of them. Obviously, they have known each other earlier. A fact that you have not. Well, you know less than Geralt, so you don't know why Geralt act this way.

Remember how I said that it doesn't mean anything but a general pronoun- "we" is not referring to a group of particular people. Nothing is personal here.

I'll say this here so you see it: the "we" just referred to people in general whose views disagree with yours in general, and not just people who are posting here, but those who don't see the trailer as you do.

No, you're free to think however you want, but expect people to disagree with you sometimes, which is an impersonal act in most cases. It certainly is an impersonal act for me in this case.

What do you guys think about the trailer though? Imo it definietely wasn't best cdpr trailer and definietely not platige image best work. I preferred cp2077 one. I mean, cheesy oneliners? Really?

I would rather expect geralt to answer that last question "shut your face motherfucker", or something less pretentious.

Sirnaq said:
What do you guys think about the trailer though? Imo it definietely wasn't best cdpr trailer and definietely not platige image best work. I preferred cp2077 one. I mean, cheesy oneliners? Really?
The games are full of cheesy - or cool, depending on perspective - oneliners. What's the problem?

I really liked the trailer, but as I have said before hand, I preferred Letho's trailer, in terms of visuals, the scenario, and the relevance to the story.

I appreciate that it's very Geralt centric, and the animations are superb. But it lacked the umf of Letho's trailer.

Agent_Blue

KnightofPhoenix said:
The only resistance we saw is her biting a finger. How do you know that she resisted before, in a way that would warrant punching her in the face and tearing her clothes off?

And you say they were in a hurry to hang her. No, they punched her in the gut while she wasn't doing anything.

Common sense and knowing how soldiers behave in war.

If what you are saying is that I need to shut my brain off and take everything at face value, then no I will not.

The possibility of her guilt, sure. Or just sadism or venting up frustrations.

In a hurry, relatively speaking. They sure as hell didn't spend hours, one hour, half an hour, 10, 5 minutes tormenting her before attempting to hang her. I'd say that qualifies as hurry, relatively speaking, of course.

Sure, common sense. In what way does the trailer suggest the accusations might be false?

You haven't mentioned it but I will: her clothes, face and hands didn't bear traces of blood. This should tell you I am not being obtuse here and that I do realize not everything fits perfectly into place. But from what's actually shown, to the best of my knowledge and faculties, this is my take.

Because aside from the absence of blood on her face, hands and clothes (which even so might be plausibly explained) the trailer does not hint at a fabricated conviction, I have no reasons to believe she isn't guilty - or better put - I have no reason to believe those men didn't think they were hanging a cannibal.

Wichat said:
And how do you know they are not desertors who have seen how a starved girl was taking what they consider their loot? What do you believe in the appearances so easily? Could you be so gullible if you were in a scenario as is described? .As I've said more than twice, the footage start with a deal between Geralt and one of them. Obviously, they have known each other earlier. A fact that you have not. Well, you know less than Geralt, so you don't know why Geralt act this way.
The deal would indicate that the soldiers aren't deserters but act in their official capacity, at least in the case of monster hunting. I find it highly unlikely that a band of deserters would give a damn about getting rid of monsters, and paying for the service at that.

It does not mean that the sentence passed on the girl was official as well. Does Nilfgaard permit its soldiers to act as law enforcement all on their own? By the analogy with armies of, say, Rome, or other similarly militaristic empires, I doubt it. It would not be good for discipline if any random soldier could become a justice-giving machine (one could imagine what the "justice" could become).

AgentBlue said:
In a hurry, relatively speaking. They sure as hell didn't spend hours, one hour, half an hour, 10, 5 minutes tormenting her before attempting to hang. I'd say this qualifies as hurry, relatively speaking of course.

How do you know? Certainly not hours. But how do you know they didn't punch her in the gut for a few minutes before?

Look at 0:31

She has a red mark around her neck. This seems to suggest that they were choking her with a rope. Not to mention the scars on her body and face.

Sure, common sense. I what way does the trailer suggest the accusations might be false?

The context, that's where common sense comes in.
As I have said, you seem to operate with the logic that we have to take what the trailer says at face value, to which I say no we do not.

You haven't mentioned it but I will: her clothes, face and hands didn't bear traces of blood. This should tell you I am not being obtuse here and that I do reakziue not verything fits into place.

Actually no, you are assuming that they caught her at the scene of the crime and that she hadn't been doing it for days, or weeks, or months before she was caught. The absence of blood does not necessarily absolve her.

This should tell you that I am not being obtuse and that I accept the possibility of her guilt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRRjUQlnsVA

ehh, i am wondering if the magic of standard witcher writing will come back, i honestly doubt that.

darcler said:
I find it highly unlikely that a band of deserters would give a damn about getting rid of monsters, and paying for the service at that.

Then if they are so professional why they face a witcher they've just hired some minutes ealier to kill a monster instead to go away when Geralt push them? No one of them stands and says to Geralt, hey witcher, she's a monster and we are doing our job. Don't intervene or you will regret.They wield their weapons in a hurry.

Vatt said:
The games are full of cheesy - or cool, depending on perspective - oneliners. What's the problem?

Yeah, but onelinears in witcher supposed to be funny, and what i am feeling from that one in the trailer is just cheese.

Agent_Blue

KnightofPhoenix said:
Actually no, you are assuming that they caught her at the scene of the crime and that she hadn't been doing it for days, or weeks, or months before she was caught. The absence of blood does not necessarily absolve her.
No.
In fact I have posted before - can't be bothered to link to it - where I say exactly that - one possible explanation is that she'd be doing it for a day or two. In which case she'd be guilty :D/>/>/>

This illustrates the problem of having to go through and back and forth every little thing each of us says.

To me, it's all very clear. Almost everything points to the soldiers believing she was guilty. You think differently or are open to other possibilities. That's fine.

I don't think any of us is going to change his mind soon on this. If you think of anything else that might corroborate your point post or PM. We can continue this without clogging the whole thread. Others might not be as keen on discussing this to death :D

Cheers!

@ Sirnaq: I liked this trailer more than Letho's trailer, to be honest; I liked that it showed Geralt being a badass, haha. But arguing about it has definitely made me appreciate its finer details.

Wichat said:
Then if they are so professional why they face a witcher they've just hired some minutes ealier to kill a monster instead to go away when Geralt push them? No one of them stands and says to Geralt, hey witcher, she's a monster and we are doing our job. Don't intervene or you will regret.
That's another matter, and unrelated to whether or not they are deserters.

I suppose that they attack Geralt so there can be a badass fighting scene ;) I too find their reaction pretentious, would rather expect angry argument, at least in the beginning. But in a short trailer there obviously was no time for that.

@ Agent blue
Agreed, and I hope we didn't discourage others from posting their opinions, with all this political / torture debate shenanigans :s

KnightofPhoenix said:
I really liked the trailer, but as I have said before hand, I preferred Letho's trailer, in terms of visuals, the scenario, and the relevance to the story.

I appreciate that it's very Geralt centric, and the animations are superb. But it lacked the umf of Letho's trailer.

I bet they are saving the umf part for the proper release trailer/in-game intro.

Top Bottom