New Game+ Gnomish Gwyhyr suddenly lvl62 ( Other items as well ? )

+
New Game+ Gnomish Gwyhyr suddenly lvl62 ( Other items as well ? )

Well, so I finished the game at level 33 but I already crafted the gnomish gwyhyr on my first playthrough. ( after I finished the main story ) The required level to use it originally is lvl42.

When CDPR released NG+ I was really happy and was looking forward to use the gnomish gwyhyr as soon as I would reach lvl42 in NG+. Well, I checked my inventory after starting NG+ to take a look at my gear. Well, suddenly the requirement to use the gnomish gwyhyr is lvl 62. What the hell ?

My theory: CDPR added a NG+ multiplier to some items to increase their stats. ( the lvl62 gwyhyr stats are insane ^^) This would be all right as long as the "original game versions" would still exist.

Well, as soon as the game said I would need to be lvl62 to use the gwyhyr I lost interest in playing again. I missed Sihil in the 3rd game so I at least wanted to wield the gwyhyr, but I think even in NG+ I will not reach lvl62 or at least it will take me almost until the end. For me, NG+ was a way to use gear I was not able to use on my first playthrough, but what is the point if every item has increased stats which means a higher level requirement which means I can not use it - again. It ends up climbing up the same item path as before.... strangely the mastercrafted ursine gear still is lvl34.

Did anyone notice other items that increased in level requirement ?

Last edited:
Ay, I finished at level 35, and had three swords in my inventory: one required level 32, one 34, and one 35 (the one I was using), however, when I tried New Game +, they all jumped up by 6-7 levels to: 38, 40, and 42. So, I'd have to wait 7 levels to use the sword I was wielding before. Somehow,I just wasn't wildly impressed.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure if you crafted the weapon, stuck it in your stash, and saved the game, THEN started your new game + you might have still been able to use it. Could be wrong but that's been my experience so far. Had a ton of weapons that I crafted but couldn't use and ended up sticking them in my stash. Now I can use nearly half of them at level 41 including my Undvik armor that I've been waiting patiently to wear just to check out how bad ass Geralt look's in it, although, I'll probably end up switching back to something lighter sooner than later.

I'm pretty sure if you crafted the weapon, stuck it in your stash, and saved the game, THEN started your new game + you might have still been able to use it. Could be wrong but that's been my experience so far. Had a ton of weapons that I crafted but couldn't use and ended up sticking them in my stash. Now I can use nearly half of them at level 41 including my Undvik armor that I've been waiting patiently to wear just to check out how bad ass Geralt look's in it, although, I'll probably end up switching back to something lighter sooner than later.

Nope, I had Harpy and Longclaw in my stash and when I started NG+ both became lvl 67. I also equipped both Swords before starting NG+ and they just got unequipped and still became level 67. I have to admit I was a little dissapointed because one of the reasons I was looking forward to NG+ was finally being able to use those level 37+ weapons before the Story was over.

Last edited:
Ay, I finished at level 35, and had three swords in my inventory: one required level 32, one 34, and one 35 (the one I was using), however, when I tried New Game +, they all jumped up by 6-7 levels to: 38, 40, and 42. So, I'd have to wait 7 levels to use the sword I was wielding before. Somehow,I just wasn't wildly impressed.

It would've been better if they only changed the schematics stats and lvl of the equipment.

I started out with my wolven-gear on. I have all of those in the storage-chest and Ill be sure to upgrade them as soon as I can to legendary.

But man, I was really hoping they would have some new armor.. not just the same old ones with higher numbers.

Yes my Wild Hunt Axe shot upto Level 60 after the introduction of the green storage chest but non of my other weapons have been affected.

Attachments

• Farcorners_5.jpg
    Farcorners_5.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 295
Nope, I had Harpy and Longclaw in my stash and when I started NG+ both became lvl 67. I also equipped both Swords before starting NG+ and they just got unequipped and still became level 67. I have to admit I was a little dissapointed because one of the reasons I was looking forward to NG+ was finally being able to use those level 37+ weapons before the Story was over.

Interesting. I must be experiencing a glitch then because nothing in my stash changed level.

Top Bottom