News and Rumours about TW3 (Was Tomorrow is the Day!)

+
I'm going to echo what everyone else said--thank you for posting this, REDorigen! I feel as well so much relieved! Sorry for doubting you!

^Now I'm picturing EA and BW running frantically in circles afraid of the inevitable, and in all their anxiety and despair launches an unfinished game just so they don't have to compete with TW3 on the market.

Soup of the day? Tears of our enemies.

Chewin3 said:
^Now I'm picturing EA and BW running frantically in circles afraid of the inevitable, and in all their anxiety and despair launches an unfinished game just so they don't have to compete with TW3 on the market.

Hahaha, I sure hope this happens. Previously I cared for BW, but now I'd gladly watch them burn!

I wouldn't want to see them "burn" (lots of jobless people sounds depressing), but I hope that the quality of their competitors will push them to work harder on their games and realize that shipping another DA2 just won't cut it.

Aver

Forum veteran
I don't wanna BioWare to be closed. I want them to make games good as in the past. There is very few story based RPGs on the market. If Dragon Age 3 won't be released this year, then there won't be any story-based RPG this year.

Yokokorama said:
I wouldn't want to see them "burn" (lots of jobless people sounds depressing), but I hope that the quality of their competitors will push them to work harder on their games and realize that shipping another DA2 just won't cut it.

Heh, well I didn't really mean it that literally. I was a huge fan of BW, but now with all that they (or EA) has done, I just can't fill my hole in my heart.

I trully wish for the best in DA3, but I see it being an impossibility.

REDorigen said:
Guys - this is a short description of but one quest (not even the full version of it), from a long storyline included in game. I assure you it's not that simple in full context, as it seems based on the article. I also want to underline, that we will not remove big politics from TW3, as they are one of the basic elements of the Witcher universe, without which it couldn't exist as it is. We also do know, that many people love and enjoy them (as the matter of fact, I'm one such person, tbh your TW2 politics analysis articles were great Knight).

Thank God for this! I was getting extremely worried about this that you would go and do something as stupid as BW!

REDorigen said:

I can picture it happening for real.

I feel sorry for the disapointed fans, I know that feel, and sorry for the employes that are forcefully getting the last signs of creativity censored and surrgicaly removed out of them, but the Bioware brand then vs now, with their behavior and marketing , what they represent now, regardless of how financialy succsefull they are ,makes me dislike them .

Chewin3 said:

If they release DA3 during the same quarter, I look forward to seeing the forums erupt in fanboy rage again.

I no longer believe Bioware are capable of making good quality games. Not after Mass Effect 3 and after their arrogance and the insulting nature of their games I feel no sympathy for them whatsoever.

Should they lose their jobs by having the studios shut down I'd be quite happy in knowledge that fucking Gaider got fired along with Walters, Hudson, Hepler and their awesome artists who gave us the stupid elven and qunari looks of DA2, who insisted on keeping masks on all the quarians on for idiotic artistic reasons and all the other crap they've done.

Let them tremble at his coming, let them quiver in fear as they hide in their corners as the wolf passes them, only stopping to smirk in their direction from time to time as moves determined towards his goal, his sword unsheathed, at his right side a larger brutish man with a dagger in each hand while on his left stands a woman, scythes that come out from her arms as weapons while on her belt is a gun.

They come before a white mist and from it two figures emerge. A man with black and red armor, a large sword hanging on his back and next to him a woman clad in power armor, a large rifle slung across her back.

"So you've come to challenge us. Seeking the crown that has been given to us?" asks the man in power armor to which the party merely nods, tensing up for the fight ahead.

"So be it then. Come and let us do battle for which there shall only be one victor on this field."

Wolf, Viper and Dovahkiin charge at one another with swords and daggers, as guns are discharged between Wanderer and Alt and on a cliff overlooking it all a man dressed in white stands, watching as they are about to clash in melee.

"The Battle for Thedas has ended. The Battle for Skyrim is about to begin!" and as he ends the swords of wolf and Dovahkiin meet each other in a parry.

CostinMoroianu said:
I have no pity for Bioware or it's employees. If they all lose their jobs by having the studio shut down it will be well deserved as I see it.

I no longer believe they are capable of making good quality games. Not after Mass Effect 3.
That's unfair and a terrible thing to say. Not to mention that it is not the average employees fault that they did what they were told to. How is, let's say, the programmer who will lose his job, responsible for the bad storyline or the bad marketing decisions or anything at all?

This is such an immature attitude. You seem to forget that it is people with families you are talking about. Not to mention that they are probably good at their job.

CostinMoroianu said:
I have no pity for Bioware or it's employees. If they all lose their jobs by having the studio shut down it will be well deserved as I see it.

I no longer believe they are capable of making good quality games. Not after Mass Effect 3.
This is the same way I feel. In my opinion Bethesda Game Studios and BioWare have been dethroned as the RPG video game development kings by CD Projekt RED. CD Projekt RED are now the new RPG kings after seeing Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. BioWare I will never buy video games developed by them because they suck and well they are owned by Electronic Arts (EA),

Bethesda Game Studios I hope takes a lesson from CD Projekt RED on how to develop RPG video games. When The Elder Scrolls VI comes out and ends up being like The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim or even more dumbed down to make it easier for new gamers to play I will officially not buy video games developed by them anymore.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim pisses me off that it has regenerative health yet there is health potions and healing spells. I mean regenerative health really?

This is such an immature attitude. You seem to forget that it is people with families you are talking about. Not to mention that they are probably good at their job.

I seriously don't give a damn if that's the only excuse for why we should tolerate shit developers and the shit games they do which ruins franchises I once held dear ( see also Blizzard and what THEY'VE done ), so cry me a river because I don't care.

If Bioware wants to prove me wrong on this, they are free to do so.

CostinMoroianu said:
I seriously don't give a damn if that's the only excuse for why we should tolerate shit developers and the shit games they do, so cry me a river because I don't care.

If Bioware wants to prove me wrong on this, they are free to do so.
No one is forcing you to tolerate anything. If you don't like it, then don't buy it, end of story. No need for malice.

No need for malice.

Well excuse me if I don't find it that easy to forget or forgive what they did with DA2 and ME3, games in series which I had actually cared for, because as I said in this thread before a good RPG makes you give a damn about the story, setting, characters and so on. DA2 and ME3 don't piss me off because they are trash games, they piss me off because they made me not give a damn for anything regarding the series anymore, and as someone who was very much invested in ME especially...well what they did with ME3 was quite painful to me.

So yes, I will continue hoping for the day when Bioware no longer exists, mostly because I no longer wish to see these series destroyed further ( and I really fail to see how THAT is wrong ), until they prove me wrong by making a good quality title and you know what? Deep down I do really hope they actually do that.

I do not however see it happening realistically.

With Star Wars you can point a finger at George Lucas and say he is the one responsible for most of the crap that has been happening there. With Blizzard and their games Metzen and a few other people can be held accountable for it.

With Bioware however you can't just look at any one person and say he or she is one responsible for most of the bad stuff we've gotten. There are too many widespread problems across both DA2 and ME3 in terms of gameplay, art, story, graphics and so on and so forth. Certainly there are specific people like Laidlaw, Gaider, Walters etc. who bear a bigger share of responsible for the poor state of their products, but it's more then just them.

CostinMoroianu said:
Well excuse me if I don't find it that easy to forget or forgive what they did with DA2 and ME3, games in series which I had actually cared for, because as I said in this thread before a good RPG makes you give a damn about the story, setting, characters and so on. DA2 and ME3 don't piss me off because they are trash games, they piss me off because they made me not give a damn for anything regarding the series anymore, and as someone who was very much invested in ME especially...well what they did with ME3 was quite painful to me.

So yes, I will continue hoping for the day when Bioware no longer exists, mostly because I no longer wish to see these series destroyed further ( and I really fail to see how THAT is wrong ), until they prove me wrong by making a good quality title and you know what? Deep down I do really hope they actually do that.

I do not however see it happening realistically.
What would you say if there was a future and CD Projekt RED made hundreds of millions of dollars and bought BioWare and the whole entire intellectual properties (IP's) of Dragon Age and Mass Effect from Electronic Arts (EA)? I only wish my dream of CD Projekt RED making $500 million dollars (USD) or even $1 billion dollars (USD) and then buying BioWare cam true a few years from now. CD Projekt RED gives it's employees freedom to do whatever they want and listen to their fans. Just imagine BioWare being owned by CD Projekt RED.

slimgrin said:
If they release DA3 during the same quarter, I look forward to seeing the forums erupt in fanboy rage again.

Oh fanrage has already started. On tumblr I stumbled upon the post of someone I know from BSN raging against TW after Wild Hunt was announced. It was adorable, though I stopped reading after that poor soul said something about TW's 'simplistic writing.' It made me laugh, but I don't know if I could take much more.

In any case, I would not be surprised if DA3 was rushed to release at end of 2013 if that wasn't their plan already.

Ballowers100: There's a fallacy there, because your argument is based on the premise that Bioware having the freedom to do whatever it wanted would result in good games. Essentially it's EA is responsible card and I know that's a popular sentiment on the internet but it's a false one. EA did not write the Catalyst, it was Walters and Hudson, EA did not tell Bioware to make Orsino a mandatory boss fight, it was Bioware gameplay design team who wanted it, EA did not make the Qunari/Elven look of DA2, it was the art team, EA did not write TIM as a complete imbecile, that was done by the writers.

If CDPR where to buy the IPs I'd be SCREAMING IN JOY, if they were to buy Bioware along with those IPs they would need to do a thorough purge of the company, especially it's lead designers and to assign CDPR veterans in those positions if they wanted the studio to produce quality games.

CostinMoroianu said:
If CDPR where to buy the IPs I'd be SCREAMING IN JOY,

I wouldn't want CDPR to buy an IP with a main character modeled after the inspiration for Zoolander, Maybe the older IPs yeah.

Top Bottom