No new edition in the works.... dammit all.

+
No new edition in the works.... dammit all.

http://gamestar.ru/english/cyberpunk_2077_mike_pondsmith_interview_eng.html
Right now, there isn't a new edition in the works. That was a mistake that Marcin made in an interview at the time. I still tease him a little about it, but he's a great guy and teases me right back that I should do a new edition.

Just.... fuck.....

I am this close to giving up on the dream of writing for R. Talsorian...

Probably should have given up on that years ago...

I thought CDPR and Talsorian were going to work together on a new PnP version, they said this explicitly. Too bad. It would be cool to see a revival of the PnP when the game comes out.

I'm pretty happy with 2020, actually. Rules-wise. Couple small tweaks and it's near perfect. More stuff and settings though, always good.

Oh...and Netrunning. Yeah. THAT needs some work.

You're sure because?

Just a whisper, he hears it in his ghost.

Fuck! I wanted a new PnP version to be edited (and edited in my country, translated, so it is more attractive for recruiting players) to be able to play cyberpunk until I can afford a good computer!

always said they'd be foolish not to release a new edition in the same launch window as the video game... nice to see that classic talsorian business sense is alive and well.

No new edition. I will still hold out hope for new books. Updating and modernizing the setting. Perhaps more books about the different roles. Now I am wondering where my book on Medtechs went.

It's obvious there will be a Cyberpunk 2077.

Mike isn't stupid.

Cyberpunk 2020 is fine and all, but if there's the FAILURE THAT WAS 3rd and Firestorm that exists, and then Projekt RED makes an AWESOME GAME that takes place in 2077, it's just no-brain obvious that there will have to be a 2077 Cyberpunk.

The fact of the matter is, if Mike isn't doing it, then the fans will, and he will have no say in it. So he better F:in do it now.

And he will.

Ah, well...have you seen Datafortress? Wisdom, god bless his freaky self, has pretttty much done that level of work - several times over. Between Interlock Unlimited, the gear collations and the disturbingly copious amounts of solid sourcebooks available there, he and contributors have written and collected the equivalent of the CP2020 setting all over again.

And R.Tal was motivated exactly how much by all this fan-work and rules-rewrites? Nada. Which is fine - throw out a few things you don't like in Interlock Unlimited and it is the CP2020 update. You want R. Tal to do a poorer one?

As for updating the tech to 2077, not so sure that's either a good idea, since it pushes towards hyper-tech, or even appropriate if CDPR is going to keep the same rough tech level as 2020 with a few changes in communications and transport infrastructure.

Don't get me wrong, I'd look forward to seeing what R. Tal can do these days, but fan pressure has never really convinced them to do great work in the past. If they gonna do it, they gonna do it regardless.

Hopefully this time without dolls.

I don't know what Wisdom has done. I haven't tried his IU. I'm sure it's awesome, but he's just not Mike. He's just not "official". I know that shouldn't really matter, but it kind of does. I hope what he's done gets picked up and made official, then assholes like myself can praise him instead.

I'm not just talking about "interlock unlimited", or the updated version of such, though. I'm talking about Cyberpunk 2077.

You say, "updating tech to 2077", well... I'm two minds about this. I'd be fine with updates like getting rid of the brick-sized NMT and replacing it with a realistic future cell phone, or even one of our GSM ones, and then there are some obvious changes in weapon technology, but at the same time I'd much rather love to keep the feel 2020 had. Not to take it overboard and overly scientific and futuristic.

Then again, let's face it: 2077 isn't going to be "hyper tech". It's going to be the same assholes as today, with an iPod 17 and such. Nothing will have changed. So, if you make 2077 scientific, it doesn't have to go hyper tech. It'll be a SMALL STEP for both a man and the mankind, from now.

Dolls are fine though. WTF? What's wrong with dolls? Hater. I mean, not in some books graphics, but...as...dolls. Jeez. Ever heard of realdolls? Man.

Realdolls. Shudder. So horribly...horrible.

http://datafortress2020.oliwy.net/

Excuse the colour scheme - he has a thing for..I don't know. The actual material is much less green-pink.

Highlights: Night city Map, expanded. Miracle Mile. The Combat zone, with images and characters and places. Autumn Blade - so much new stuff, well-balanced and all with images. You may honestly never need to come up with another piece of gear or location/NPC data in Night City ever again on the fly. Crazy useful if your PCs like to go off the rails frequently.

As for IU, well. Worth a read just for the take on Roles, but the stiff on Martial arts and expanded Difficulty modifiers begs to be included. Hell, the expanded languages are cool. Benefits and Penalties, little tweaks to your characters, add depths like Short Fuse, Deep Sleeper and Ego Signature.

Official used to mean more to me when stuff that included those "official" rules was being produced. After V3, I realised that "official" was more of a liability to anyone playing noir-Cyberpunk.

Exactly! If I wanted to eat a hamburger, I'd have a steak! No, wait. That'd be dumb.

I'd just eat the whole cow. Yes.

Top Bottom