Nostalgia and Genuine Moments of Deep Emotion.

+
Nostalgia and Genuine Moments of Deep Emotion.

When I first played Blood and Wine, I came across Barghests, quite unexpectedly I might add, and I had a moment of pure nostalgia. I was immediately transported back to my Witcher 1 days and doing the nightly Barghest grind while you are waiting to get into Vizima. It was a powerful moment to meet up with such old foes that I had missed for some time.

Now I am on yet another play-through, NG+ this time with the Manticore armour set, again probably because it goes back to the armour look from Witcher 1, although the bomb criticals combined with the bomb fragmentation ability is a lot of fun to use.

Having read the books, I always go for the Ciri as a Witcher and Yennifer as the love of your life ending. Triss always came across to me as fake and manipulative, probably due to having read the books.

I just wish that there was a way to save Priscilla.

There is so much in this brilliant game by CD Project Red. I wish that they could provide a random witcher contract generator so that the joy could be endless ...

iCake

Forum veteran
DrusstheLegend;n8452080 said:
I wish that they could provide a random witcher contract generator so that the joy could be endless ...

When I see suggestions like this I always cringe a little. The whole brilliance of the game is based on avoiding adding content for the sole sake of more content and provide quality content everywhere instead. So refreshing after countless games filled with nothing more than filler. In short they tried their best to take the best out of 2 extremes - "quality over quantity" and "quantity over quality" and leave out the worst. Therefore a contract generator would go against everything this game stands for, so it has no place in this game.

I think the problem with those other games is mainly not the presence of randomly generated content, but rather the absence of quality quests. The Witcher 3 does include "filler" content with all the question mark POIs, although adding these required less resources than Skyrim style radiant quests would have (not that those would necessarily have been that expensive). On the other hand, Blood and Wine did try to make the POI system more complex, especially with the hanse bases.

iCake

Forum veteran
sv3672

The randomly generated content is awfully often not "quality content", up to the point where you can practically say that they're synonymous and that was my point here. Yes, the witcher 3 does have some filler content, but what really matters here is that this content is kept out of the "core" gameplay. Those POI are a mere after thought, although even then they were approved upon by the devs, which kind of proves my point, although indirectly.

Last edited:
A simple mechanism of go here, kill monster, collect reward ... where the monster(s) are at a level in line with your character. It just allows you to enjoy the character you have built over the many hours it took to get to that state.

iCake

Forum veteran
So engaging. To each their own, but that spells boredom to me. Besides you enjoy your character in a thousand different ways without having to patch in an out-of-place mechanic.

Last edited:
I'm kinda the opposite, wish Witcher 3 was made as a more linear game, without "open world".

As soon as i hit a big city, or a place with a lot of quality NPCs, going back to the wilderness is that much harder.

Top Bottom