[Official Problem] Language Subtitle Packs are incorrect for several users for The Witcher 3 for Nintendo Switch

+
I wish you could help us with language problems.

Since yesterday there are several people who have complained that the language they need in the game is not found.

For example, those who bought the game in the American e-shop cannot put the menus in Spanish or Italian, although when we bought it the e-shop indicated that these were the languages that came within that version.

So we are not getting the languages we pay for.

Also, if you are Spanish, and you bought the physical version of the game, the game came in Spanish, but with the patch of day 1 that you released, Spanish subtitles were no longer available.

You can read the comments of the people on this tweet:

I am not sure but I think there are splitted language versions in every region of the e-shop with some preloaded languages. So if you are an Italian that lives on America and you want to play the game in Italian, you can't because you download your copy from America E-shop (This is what I think, I can't say if this exactly the problem). And the italian language for subtitles is not included on this version.

And the first day patch have damaged the default language for some physical version copies and replaced by anothers (confirmed for some spanish and latin american people on forums)

Please sollve the problem.

Thank you for posting it.

Duplicate my comment:

I live in the United States. Yesterday I've received my Witcher 3 copy for Nintendo Switch. I launched the game but was surprised there is no Russian language or at least Russian subtitles. I also didn't find a way to download it separately. I decided to buy it digitally in Russian eShop. I changed the region of residence to Russia in Nintendo settings but found out there are only available languages - German, English, Spanish, French, Italian. I was trying to play in English, but it is a little bit uncomfortable for me. I understand the main idea in dialogs, but there are a lot of specific words that I don't understand.
So, returning to the subject, should we expect a patch that will allow downloading the desired language? Or is there any way to add a language that I want?

Thank you.

This is the list of Nintendo Switch version supported languages and the russian should be included:

I have sent a ticket on

This is the list of Nintendo Switch version supported languages and the russian should be included:

I have sent a ticket on

Like I said - I bought the American version and there is no Russian language available for selecting. It is also missing in Russian eShop.

hello, I bought digital Witcher for switch, I already finished it on ps4 with Turkish translation but it seems like it there is no Turkish option for the witcher on switch. Could you please add Turkish option?

Please read the information carefully: "Language availability varies by region".

So not every mentioned language is available in every region. Keep in mind that it is the same thing with Playstation and Xbox. You don't have access to every language in every region. That also depends on the publisher.

So what i need buy a game twice ? Its no fear , because i want to play in russian ?!!!! So why games like skyrim and assassins creed just have a lang dlc????

So what i need buy a game twice ? Its no fear , because i want to play in russian ?!!!! So why games like skyrim and assassins creed just have a lang dlc????
I agree. In my opinion, the best approach, in that case, do as Bethesda did - they just published language packages on their eShop page and we could download the necessary. Currently, it is not fair. If Cd Red Project won't solve that problem, I have to order a physical copy from Russia. So, I have to make a purchase twice...

So not every mentioned language is available in every region. Keep in mind that it is the same thing with Playstation and Xbox. You don't have access to every language in every region. That also depends on the publisher.
I expected this game as Region free for Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:
Please read the information carefully: "Language availability varies by region".

İt doesnt related with region, Turkish, russian and other languages must be added in eshop, it isnt difficult because they have already have these language packs. Turkish language support was written in information section but now it doesnt write in there

İt doesnt related with region, Turkish, russian and other languages must be added in eshop, it isnt difficult because they have already have these language packs. Turkish language support was written in information section but now it doesnt write in there
Yeah, it shouldn't be a problem with my understanding.
devivre said is also depends on the publisher. I dunno why the publisher made that odd decision, but still hope it will be resolved.

I am reading all your comments. The point is that I pay for this game and in the E-Shop was specified that I will get English, Spanish, French and Portuguee languages with MY version.

But those languages are not in my game right now, and I want them because I pay for those.

In the e-shop CD Project specifies the languages buy they are delivering another languages and I am not getting the product I bought.

And the most important, I want to play the game but I want to solve first this problem. How much time have we to wait for a patch solving this?

Attachments

• a785f39c-e6ce-41a6-adeb-e09d2bd68f74.jpg
    a785f39c-e6ce-41a6-adeb-e09d2bd68f74.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,804
Last edited:
Nintendo Europe already refused me to refund. I am trying to reach local Russian office, because on their official site (nintendo.ru) they are still spreading misleading information about supported languages (Russian is not in the list, but in reality it is).

Screenshot_2019-10-17-01-36-19-395_com.android.chrome.png

Same theres write on card you have language ,.eng ,ger, fr, sp,ita, rus ..... And if you looking not a cartridge only en,ger,fr,sp no russian, and now the last , if you go to eshop via switch and choose russian region you will see digital version support eng and rus, but in original web version russian not included in digital version.....

Same theres write on card you have language ,.eng ,ger, fr, sp,ita, rus ..... And if you looking not a cartridge only en,ger,fr,sp no russian, and now the last , if you go to eshop via switch and choose russian region you will see digital version support eng and rus, but in original web version russian not included in digital version.....
That's exactly what I am talking about. Their site is spreading misleading information currently. In reality Russian Digital version SUPPORTS it. My friends confirmed it.

Screenshot_2019-10-17-02-15-31-942_com.android.chrome.png

That a digital cersion via browser
Post automatically merged:

Screenshot_2019-10-17-02-23-13-018_com.miui.gallery.png
theres is directly ehop via switch
.... Dear developers please dont tell what i need to buy a game twice ... Do something please...

Same problem here... I've been talking with a lot of people from my country and some spanish speakers from other countries about having the same issue... We tried by re-installing it, changing regions, changing console language, smashing the Switch with a wrecking ball... but nothing is working and we now have a big hole in our backyard with a splattered switch.

Dear CD Project Red,

I have exactly same problem and this is real issue as the game does not offer what we expected and it is easy to fix.

PLEASE ADD RUSSIAN LANGUAGE VOICE PACK AS DLC!!!!!

Thank you in advance

I wish you could help us with language problems.

Since yesterday there are several people who have complained that the language they need in the game is not found.

For example, those who bought the game in the American e-shop cannot put the menus in Spanish or Italian, although when we bought it the e-shop indicated that these were the languages that came within that version.

So we are not getting the languages we pay for.

Also, if you are Spanish, and you bought the physical version of the game, the game came in Spanish, but with the patch of day 1 that you released, Spanish subtitles were no longer available.

You can read the comments of the people on this tweet:

I am not sure but I think there are splitted language versions in every region of the e-shop with some preloaded languages. So if you are an Italian that lives on America and you want to play the game in Italian, you can't because you download your copy from America E-shop (This is what I think, I can't say if this exactly the problem). And the italian language for subtitles is not included on this version.

And the first day patch have damaged the default language for some physical version copies and replaced by anothers (confirmed for some spanish and latin american people on forums)

Please sollve the problem.

Agree. Game cartridge was bought in europe and there is only 5 languages available. No Russian or even polish.
I don't want to buy a digital copy that still not contain missed language. Should i return the game at all, cuz for 4 years game paying 60 euros and no receiving language that was expected and was advertised - Greedness and shame!
The tricks with region zone - doesn't not work

Last edited:
Top Bottom