Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
sv3672;n7958760 said:
That is a good point, although the company being larger now and with more than one studio also means they can more efficiently work on multiple projects at the same time. I have read on another forum that the "Cyber" team reached a size of 50 people already during the production of Witcher 3, even if I cannot confirm the validity of this figure. While early development of TW3 and maybe even TW2 probably also started before the release of the previous game, I doubt the same amount of resources could be devoted to them as to CP2077.

TW2 was released only 3.5 years after the first game, with the same delay until CP2077, it would be near the end of 2018. But it could also be at any time during 2019. I think 2017 is unlikely, and I also doubt it will not be out before the end of 2019, unless it has to be delayed for some reason.
And TW3 was 4 years... with TW3 being bigger then TW2, and CP2077 being bigger then TE3, I would more lean towards a 4+ year gap. As to the size of the team during any one point in time with CP2077, vs the other games... that is something I don't really know. But even if they had more people on it then the other games, I would still lean a bit on the fact that CP2077 is going to be bigger in one way or another... or several ways. With what the little they have said about CP2077, a lot is also pointing toward that they are trying to make something that is at the very least somewhat innovative for the RPG genre. And such things can take time as well. Of corse, it's just speculations and all... but it's all we have to go on really... and in my "mathematical calculations" if it all, it is for me pointing towards what I said befor.

NightSavior;n7964200 said:
Wouldn't rely on this sort of guessing too much. At least if CDPR manages to stick to the schedule they've communicated publicly: "Another AAA game by 2021" would break the one-in-4-years pattern even if CP2077 came out in 2019. And based on the other information about them starting another design team in 2013 would suggest towards the idea of concurrent development.
Well... to this I do have to add that in my opinion, and guessing, and asuming, and what not, based on what I am seeing and hearing and reading... I am thinking that one of the things CDPR is doing right now is trying to go from a 1 fantasy game released every ~4 years... to 1 game released every 2-3 years where they probably will switch between Fantasy and Sci-Fi with each time. That would make sence in a lot of ways.

For one a lot of the big RPG developers have been making this kind of change during the last decade and a half. For another reason it would give CDPR's employees a break every several years from working on the same old thing that they have been making befor (Fantasy to Sci-Fi is a pretty big difference after all). AND thirdly it would be financially logical as well, because it would mean that CDPR would not have to fire people every several years because their particular expertise is not needed again untill some 2-4 years later. Because these people can then much easier go from the companies current project directly over to the companies next project, which just so happend to reach roughly the point where this person normally would have been fired. This is something which the gaming industy has had some pretty major problems with since at the very least the 90's, especialy amongst the large companies. And fourthly (is that even a word? XD ) something like this also creates both loyalties for their employees due to that they do not have to worry about "am I going to get fired once this game is done?", and these employees also keep growing and getting better and better at what they do, and better at knowing how their company wants things to be with what they do, and essentually it also means that the company are potentually growing their own future department leaders and what not. These things are partly why I think companies like Bioware and Bethesda has gone over to roughly this kind of a thing. Because it just makes a lot of sence and logic to do so once a company reaches a certain size and what not.

Last edited:
lord_blex;n8019520 said:
I used to be optimistic, but I became a bitter old man since then. now I think they will just show off gwent - maybe the story mode and a release date.

I just started playing Gwent on my Xbox One because I was bored. It was pretty fun actually for what it was. I just want Cyberpunk 2077 to show up soon though this year, something so we know it isn't just vaporware, please give us an update CDPR. Even a teaser image or concept art would be amazing. But in the meanwhile, I'll be playing Mass Effect: Andromeda (preordered the deluxe edition), and other games. :)

reidyboy102998;n8029650 said:
I just started playing Gwent on my Xbox One because I was bored. It was pretty fun actually for what it was. I just want Cyberpunk 2077 to show up soon though this year, something so we know it isn't just vaporware, please give us an update CDPR. Even a teaser image or concept art would be amazing. But in the meanwhile, I'll be playing Mass Effect: Andromeda (preordered the deluxe edition), and other games. :)

Never pre-order! You encourage bad producer habits!

CP2077 isn't vaporware and CDPR isn't going to change their plans because people want vaporware fears assuaged. When it's revealed, people will be excited. Until then, they're busy.

Hypocrisy alert: THAT SAID, I totally plan to preorder -multiple- copies. One to play with, one or three to give away, one to leave in a package, to be bronzed.

Last edited:
Sardukhar;n8030100 said:
Never pre-order! You encourage bad producer habits!

CP2077 isn't vaporware and CDPR isn't going to change their plans because people want vaporware fears assuaged. When it's revealed, people will be excited. Until then, they're busy.

Hypocrisy alert: THAT SAID, I totally plan to preorder -multiple- copies. One to play with, one or three to give away, one to leave in a package, to be bronzed.

I really only preorder for games that I tend buy. Last game I preordered was Final Fantasy XV, and that turned out to be disappointing due to the story. Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe Edition on the other hand is worth the extra $10, just costumes, multiplayer boost packs, digital soundtrack and your own pet aboard the Tempest. I'm just excited for ME: Andromeda as you can tell! As long as the story/ending is good, then it'll be awesome. Cyberpunk 2077 is a game I will definitely preorder Day 1, when it gets a release date. I just hope it comes to current generation consoles (PS4, Xbox One S, PC) There's no way the Nintendo Switch would run this game, just look at Dragon Quest Heroes I and II port, with downgraded graphics. But I have faith in CDPR and they will deliver, that's a given. We just have to wait and see where development goes.

reidyboy102998;n8030280 said:
I just hope it comes to current generation consoles (PS4, Xbox One S, PC)
I am pretty sure.. Like 99% sure that it will be coming to,consoles. I know they have confirmed it for pc but more than half of their fanbase is console. Now the question is which consoles. Current gen or next gen. I hope with all my heart that it comes on to the current gen just because i currently have a ps4 and would love not to have to upgrade but i have already promised myself that I will buy whichever console (or pc) that i need to play this. I read in an interview that the game is "most probably" coming to ps4. I'm sorry but probably tends to let people down a lot. We will see.

I really only preorder for games that I tend buy. Last game I preordered was Final Fantasy XV, and that turned out to be disappointing due to the story. Mass Effect Andromeda Deluxe Edition on the other hand is worth the extra $10, just costumes, multiplayer boost packs, digital soundtrack and your own pet aboard the Tempest. I'm just excited for ME: Andromeda as you can tell! As long as the story/ending is good, then it'll be awesome.

See, this is why preordering isn't great and hype - like that caused by E3 - is terrible. You don't know if MEA is going to be good. If you've decided that based on the same gameplay I've seen, you're making a big jump, based mostly on your hopes and not the very little evidence released.

From my perspective, Mass Effect was hit and miss, which means MEA is going to be hit and miss. That's just logic.

I found every Witcher game solid, though, so I'll preorder from CDPR. Even then, though, it's not a great idea. Also why I'm not in a hurry for the Hype Train to start. So much BS and silly hopes will spring up, assumptions will be made at top speed and disappointments destined.

It's too bad.

Does funding a Kickstarter to the level of beta access and a copy of the finished product count as pre-ordering?

If so ... guilty.

Otherwise, I learned my lesson with Dragon Age: Inquisition ... never again.

I remember when preordering a game had either a really cool feelie type thing you got with the game that was made in genuine limited numbers... Most recent thing I can think of is the Star Citizen stuff you get physical for early backing.... or a decent discount for buying a game before reviews were out.

Before that... at least in the 90's, Preordering things at gamestop just got you a discount on a strategy guide if you bought it with the game. Otherwise there wasn't much incentive to do so.

I think Doom 3 had a figurine with it if you preordered? Earliest prize I remember for doing so.

Once upon a time, games like Wing Commander, Ultima Online and the like just CAME with cool stuff in certain packages. Wasn't some "you must preorder" thing, And companies would continue to produce the nice sets for a while, not just a limited run done exclusively at launch.

Granted, doing things like that does guarantee nintendo makes bank off of stuff like the Zelda Collector's edition

I just hope it comes to current generation consoles (PS4, Xbox One S, PC)
if they don't wait 3-4 years with it, it will. scorpio is just coming out, there isn't gonna be a new gen for a little while. and it's obviously coming to the "current big consoles at the time", they mentioned how without console sales the witcher 3 wouldn't have been possible - and cyberpunk is supposed to be even more ambitious.

I usually preorder games because there is a discount on one store or an other that might not be there after release. preloading is also nice, but not a huge plus where I live. right now I have the urge to preorder Andromeda, but I haven't seen it discounted, so I still haven't, because as @Corewolf said, there isn't much else that makes preordering worth it. in-game skins don't get me terribly excited, and I hate xp-boosters and extra in-game gear, because I don't wanna make myself better by paying real money. fortunately most publishers seem to have stopped putting meaningful exclusive content behind special editions and preorders.

Last edited:
Suhiira;n8032200 said:
Does funding a Kickstarter to the level of beta access and a copy of the finished product count as pre-ordering?

If I recall correctly, in Finland, crowdfunding campaigns need to be considered "pre-orders" for them to be legal. Well, if nothing else, at least I consider them (pre-)pre-orders. When I do pre-order (or back) a game, I think of it as supporting the company in addition to buying the game. The positive side about crowdfunding campaigns is that you often get nice bonuses or at least a notable discount. Pre-orders often give a nice discount too but I still only do that when I know I want the game no matter what the reviews say.

Supposedly they won't be at e3, HOWEVER, they are at pax east and they will be going live tomorrow at 1pm est. I am hopeful they will say something about cyberpunk then.

Zodima;n8047150 said:
HOWEVER, they are at pax east and they will be going live tomorrow at 1pm est. I am hopeful they will say something about cyberpunk then.

it's a panel about the art in gwent. there is zero chance they will say anything about cyberpunk there.

im starting to lose hope on this game
and cdpr not showing anything about the game from 2013 is just stupid
i mean why show a teaser about a game that u wont give abosutely nothing for the next 4 years

samoilaaa;n8049320 said:
im starting to lose hope on this game
and cdpr not showing anything about the game from 2013 is just stupid
i mean why show a teaser about a game that u wont give abosutely nothing for the next 4 years

It was a) to check for interest and b) act as a job offer.

If the wait is getting to you, then let go of it. You don't need hope - this isn't a sports match or gambling event. CDPR is working steadily away. It'll be done when it's done.

Plus, there's so much great stuff to play this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom