One inconsistency that always bugged me about Rita [spoiler]

+
One inconsistency that always bugged me about Rita
Why isn't she cleaned/patched/bandaged after escaping the prison? Is it possible to add a new Rita model some day? It is so weird that she's still dirty and her injuries unattended.
Or at least a new line for Geralt:
- You need a bath...
(followed by a lovely scene like the one that the same line triggered in The Witcher 2, entirely optional!)

It is because they think the players are too dumb to realize who she is if she was cleaned up and wearing a different dress xD

It is because they think the players are too dumb to realize who she is if she was cleaned up and wearing a different dress xD

Well, to be fair, considering how little screen time and character development the entire Lodge gets in the witcher 3, it would not suprisse me the sightles.

Why isn't she cleaned/patched/bandaged after escaping the prison?

The developers probably just did not deem the effort needed to create a "clean" version of the model worth it for a character with so little screen time. But there is a mod on Nexus that fixes it.

I think they had forgotten. In other cases I was surprised how exactly CDPR has changed small details after completing a quest. The last thing like that I saw today in HoS
In Brunwich the people repair the chapelle if you come round after completing the side quest and there's a new letter on the door

The developers probably just did not deem the effort needed to create a "clean" version of the model worth it for a character with so little screen time. But there is a mod on Nexus that fixes it.
True, I got it after @Kallelinski posted above. But, as the mod suggests, it should be installed after freeing her from prison. And it is very easy to forget that when starting a new game. I just started a NG+ and I'll remove the mod now, installing it again afterwards but it would be nice if it would be fixed in a future patch. Like @Boromir2015 mention, there's a lot of small details that received such attention and not only in HoS. In the main game as well.

Yes, RageGt. I must agree with you. If I remember the shipyard in Velen for example. But another big mistake by CDPR is the location of the bald mountain after finishing the quest with the same name.
After the celebrations the villagers stand there all over the game and celebrate. The best is that the foglets mingle with the people and stay agressive

Why isn't she cleaned/patched/bandaged after escaping the prison? Is it possible to add a new Rita model some day? It is so weird that she's still dirty and her injuries unattended.
Or at least a new line for Geralt:
- You need a bath...
(followed by a lovely scene like the one that the same line triggered in The Witcher 2, entirely optional!)

It's been a while since I played that section but I don't recall anything specifically saying she was abused whilst in prison. Dirty, unwashed? Sure but nothing to suggest maltreatment. If I remember correctly, Shiela's injuries were sustained in her capture, not in prison (although I could be wrong on that). Sure, we all have our pet hates but there are bigger issues with the game than a minor character with minor involvement being touched up to look like she's bruised and battered.

About the screen time, this video bellow has 20 examples of details that don't get even the same screen time as Rita's. (and a lot more in the comments). I mean, who goes counting how many cats are laying about the Seven Cats Inn?

We can have a personal dialogue with her later in the game and it looks really weird to have her still all dirty and bruised. Sure, there's the mod and it works fine, as long as we remember to disable it in new playthroughs, before freeing her from prison. But it just seems that they forgot to treat her in the same way they did with the rest of the game, thus the inconsistency that bugged me.

It's been a while since I played that section but I don't recall anything specifically saying she was abused whilst in prison.

I don't recall if it's stated outright, but you don't think the Witch Hunters would have tortured sorceresses as a matter of course?

Like @Boromir2015 mention, there's a lot of small details that received such attention and not only in HoS. In the main game as well.

It is in the final act of the game, though, where many things ended up being rushed, so it is not surprising that less attention was paid to the details.

Yeah, a detail they probably did not have time to add.

Sure she should be clean after you release her from the prison. It kinda bothered me as well, like Rita damnnnn, take a bath or something : )

The only thing funnier than Rita staying dirty thruout the game, is Keira using her magic to create arm warmers. Most underwhelming scene in the game, genuinely thought she was gonna create a Cinderella type dress for herself. Players who didn't play the previous Witcher games or read the books could misinterpret the Lodge as a collection of incompetent sorceresses

What I don't get, why don't they just patch it? Doesn't seem to be such a huge problem, they could even ask the modder for permission, I doubt he will say no :)

@whitewoof
Well, considering how much influence sorcerers had on politics and how ridiculous powerful and mighty they actually are, yeah. Their representation is quite underwhelming in some aspects, but sometimes they show what they can with huge fireballs, transforming, lifiting heavy objects with ease, huge magic blocking sphere.

A witcher can hurt you or cut off a limb, but a sorcerer? A sorcerer can blow you up with a snap or turn you into a goose.

Or teleport fresh caviar from the sea :)

Yes yes the teleporting problem... Why can Keira teleport from the Fyke isle after speaking with Gerald. But she can't teleport over the Pontar river...:sorcerer:

Top Bottom