Patch 1.03 is now LIVE in EU & select countries (coming everywhere soon)

+
FPS drops still persists. Love the game,but guys please..do somehing about it,sometimes its unplayable .

I beg your pardon if i'm being rude, but i know many many peoples finished the game and nowhere they found it was "unplayable".
On the contrary a major bug on a main quest could really make this game unplayable, so because I imagine the monstrous pressure applied on the back of CD PROJECT RED trying these days to satisfy every single request, from the mere whining about 1,3456 drop in frame rate to the biggest quest bugs, and so forcing them to divide their resources and consequently releasing for first patches with minor corrections in order to accomplish at least some of the request, i must ask, and i beg your pardon again, please stop with this "unplayability" whining and let the team work on the REAL PROBLEMS, wich in a game this huge aren't a fight of 20 seconds with that fucking frame rate drop, but the glitch/bug on a quest of 3 hours that makes you unable to proceed further.
Sorry again, and thank you for your patience.

Last edited:
While the team is working on more changes, wanted to ask you guys about one thing in regards to the font size. You are talking about the subtitles at the bottom of the screen during dialogues?

It's the font/text in the inventory, quest descriptions and crafting etc. Just try sitting 3 metres away from a TV screen while playing TW3 for a couple of hours - you'll end up with a bad case of eyestrain.

BTW: I've never had this problem with any other RPG. I think the game is amazing, so atmospheric and quite a work of art, but the tiny text in the inventory etc is killing it for me. Please sort this out as soon as possible?

Last edited:
@Marcin

Frames are still horrible in various areas. The game isn't in a playable state. The stutter is being worked on, yes? Great! Now how about the frame issues? Anything below 30FPS is unplayable, and I'm sure CDPR know this, yes?

The game is constantly hovering around low 20's and It's simply unplayable.

Please, please Fix the Framerateproblem :( Is Vsync the Problem? Solution, you can make a Option in Menu to disable Vsync for People they love Framerate ;)

And have screen-tearing and massive stutter? No thanks.

Only game with unlocked frames that actually works, that I know of, is inFAMOUS.

The stutter issue is also on our radars. Working on it. Thanks for reporting everything. We do what we can do get rid of all the bugs but it takes some time. Thank you for your patience!

Nice to know and thanks for reply, Marcin!!

I rely on Cdprojekt since the first "The witcher" (long time ago). You guys have improved the last games and added many content after the releases, so no problem if it's needed to wait for a patch.

The witcher 3 can be the best game of the year.

agreed. please leave v sync on. nothing worse than tearing. most of the fps issues seem to be with alpha and particle effects. rain/mist fire etc. the xbox doesnt seem to have any issues with these effects so why are they bringing the ps4 to its knees when it has a more powerful gpu ? for the record below 30fps and sometimes below 20fps is basically unplayable for alot people. one of the reasons many people didnt bother with ac unity was because it ran at a fps that was very un appealing. this is next gen now, the year is 2015 and 30fps should be a minimum requirement for all games.

agreed. please leave v sync on. nothing worse than tearing. most of the fps issues seem to be with alpha and particle effects. rain/mist fire etc. the xbox doesnt seem to have any issues with these effects so why are they bringing the ps4 to its knees when it has a more powerful gpu ? for the record below 30fps and sometimes below 20fps is basically unplayable for alot people. one of the reasons many people didnt bother with ac unity was because it ran at a fps that was very un appealing. this is next gen now, the year is 2015 and 30fps should be a minimum requirement for all games.

The Problem is VSync Therefore an option in the Ingame Menu, Vsync ON or VSync OFF

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-witcher-3-wild-hunt-performance-analysis

However, the problem here is that if the PS4's frame-rate drops below this number, it instantly locks to 20fps. It's an instant switch, much like the double-buffer method of v-sync seen in Metal Gear Solid 4 on PS3. In one later scene involving heavy ice effects, it's notable that Xbox One does glance this 20fps figure at a similar moment, but unlike PS4 it's able to waver up and down the scale more freely. Meanwhile, Sony's platform is stuck at this value for long stretches of a scene.

i dont think it is 100% vsync. if it was surely the xbox would drop just as much. i have seen the xbox running in the bog and it doesnt drop. i was in a room in one of the inns in novigrad the other day, it was a tiny room, nothing in it. but it had mist/fog in it and it killed the fps. instantly took it to low 20's. if a little mist is doing that in a tiny room that tells me that some optimisation needs to be done in regards to effects on the ps4. i am not saying that having vsync turned off wouldnt help because it would. but i think it possibly isnt needed if they can optimise how the ps4 is handling the effects in the game.

While the team is working on more changes, wanted to ask you guys about one thing in regards to the font size. You are talking about the subtitles at the bottom of the screen during dialogues?

The subtitles, although still a little too small, are an awful lot easier to read than the loot / inventory / books text. This text is FAR TOO SMALL and is only really acceptable if you sit two or three foot away from a TV / monitor - which therefore rules out most console gamers.

Please fix as this is ruining an otherwise great game.

---------- Updated at 08:24 PM ----------

The next patch (1.04) should contain fixes to the quest bugs you guys have been reporting and an increased subtitle size.

The subtitles text size is nothing like as big a problem as pretty much the rest of the onscreen text. The loot and inventory text size is ridiculously small!!

We need to pause the game during scenes
the problem:
when i press the button options after that square button appears to skip the scenes
required:
we need stop the game during scenes without skipped any scenes because sometimes we need to stop game during scenes and go to the bathroom or spend the family's needs
its very important solve this problem

Sorry about my language

Last edited:
Marcin, please, make some improvements of frame rate. It's realy annoying to play with dropping fps. It's the most terrible thing in the PS4 version, and I'm sure a lot of players will suort my opinin. Thank u in advance.

Hi, the only serious problems in my game are 2 .. (except bugs in main quests that for now I have not met but others in what I read) subtitles in dialogues and all the bestiary written books etc. I understand that for those who know well the English subtitles are also passable but for those forced to read to understand well and a problem of fatigue in the eyes .. then the stuttering in the fighting or horse racing and other serious problem, with many enemies and effects shots are tremendous, the rides instead sometimes even freezes for a second .. otherwise it's a masterpiece!

Marcin,

The problem is more than just the subtitles. The problem is the text size in the inventory, crafting menus, bestiary, character stats, signs, etc.

If they are only fixing the subtitles, they are missing most of the problem. If they could use a font size similar to what's in the console versions of Skyrim or Dragon Age, that would be perfect.

Could you please communicate this to the developers? Thank you.

Last edited:
The shadows in the cutscenes are lowered since the patch. For sure.
Also something strange happens with the draw distance. It's VERY low now - horse racings looks awful now. And also god rays now less visible.

Dear CDPR, fix it please. Before this patch everything was good: gorgeous shadows and god rays, normal draw distance. Why are you downgraded it in this patch?

I really hope that it is a bugs and next patch will bring all graphic quality back (like it was with PS4 GTA V "downgrade").

Last edited:
The stutter issue is also on our radars. Working on it. Thanks for reporting everything. We do what we can do get rid of all the bugs but it takes some time. Thank you for your patience!

That's great to hear. I was getting worried that this wasn't going to be addressed. I've shelved the game until it's fixed and I'm dying to start playing. :p

Does Gwent still hard crash when you press triangle?

Whilst I appreciate that some bugs are only identified when a game is deployed at scale some of the issues being reported should have been identified at the QA stage such as bugged quests that prevent progress and hard crashes. If I remember correctly this game was delayed by at least 5 months.

I am from Brazil. After installing this patch , (1.03) i am getting more stutter and popup than ever. I dont know what is causing this, but before, the trees and bushes not got so much popup as i am getting now. I am at velen right now. The frame rate issues persists and the cutscenes not got better, the intro are still lagging a little too.

Top Bottom