Patch 1.05 for PC out now!

+
this game is now broken for me....two - three random crashes in last 20 mins....(and more before that) all since getting the latest 1.05 patch and some DLC

once game crashed before main title screen...other times just running around near or talking to NPC

this game is now broken for me....two - three random crashes in last 20 mins....(and more before that) all since getting the latest 1.05 patch and some DLC

once game crashed before main title screen...other times just running around near or talking to NPC

some here, it's unplayable now.
it crashes every few minutes using the 1.05 patch the latest 353.06 nvidia driver, windows 8.1, two EVGA GTX980 SC in SLI.

what is your rig?

Hi,
I'm running EVGA GTX980 SuperClocked SLI.

I never experienced crash before the 1.05 patch and now I'm getting frequent crash in the Witcher 3 as soon as I entered novigrad.
I'm running the latest 353.03 nvidia driver and it always crash.
I don't know if it depends from the new patch, from the fact that now I'm at novigrad or from new drivers.

Is there someone else expriencing this problem? What can it be?

I had that couple of times too ... ( started the game with nvida experience) - yeah what an experience ... its kinda bugged if you dont disable download / apply optimal settings automatically ... it screwed so much with my settings .. it wasnt even funny ... now I just start the game without nvida " EXPERIENCE" and no issues so far ^^

Dont have sli though just single evga 980 gtx sc

Last edited:
Graphics not dowgraded, there are still some crap textutes in cutescenes, background buildings mostly. Crashes as often as before, once every 4 hours aprox.

Dialogs volume still too low.

My problem with the empty nessage box was my fault, forgot one file when renaming patch files, i keep the old ones to go back jist in case. I have it intalled in an old pc and then i move the files, i screwd it and wonders, i playe d several hours fine... it was collision.cache file...

Tried playing again today. After about an hour, it started to stutter again (super low frame rate?). I quit out and restarted my computer. I started Witcher 3 again. This time, I turned on anti-aliasing and bumped it up to 60fps (against Nvidia's optimization), and everything ran fine for about 4 hours before I turned it off. Hopefully it keeps it up. Game's great!

Also, NPC companions don't agro very well to enemies that are attacking you. Several times I had to pull the enemy on top of the NPC companion to get it to attack. Not cool when the enemy is destroying you while trying to do this.

---------- Updated at 01:40 AM ----------

I had that couple of times too ... ( started the game with nvida experience) - yeah what an experience ... its kinda bugged if you dont disable download / apply optimal settings automatically ... it screwed so much with my settings .. it wasnt even funny ... now I just start the game without nvida " EXPERIENCE" and no issues so far ^^

Dont have sli though just single evga 980 gtx sc

Yeah, I think there might be something to this. After I changed my settings from the Nvidia settings to higher settings, the game performed better. Very odd. Never had any issues with Nvidia optimizations in the past.

---------- Updated at 01:45 AM ----------

Can someone tell me if there is any truth to ( graphics being downgraded with the patch ? )

Read some comments here ... makes me worried about wether to update or not ...

I wouldn't update until they respond to all the issues the update seems to be causing.

-To you people griping about sound, go into the audio settings in-game, find the setting you are barely hearing (like dialogue) set it to max, then lower music, etc. to 75%. Go back to game and see if dialogue is now loud enough.

-To people griping about "stuttering". How much VRAM do you have? If you are running a 2gb GTX 770, and are getting stuttering, guess what? You have the settings too high. If you are running DSR from nvidia settings, lower resolution to 1920 x 1080. I'm running a GTX 970 at that resolution with everything on Ultra, shadows low, blur off. Game doesn't stutter. I also have 16gb of RAM and 4gb of VRAM. This game uses nearly 40% RAM when minimized, which would be nearly 80% with 8gb, and way beyond with 4gb. Before you go griping about your system not able to play it, go check what your system is actually doing. It's NOT their fault you have a 2gb card with 4gb of RAM.

-People spreading misinformation about OC'd graphics card need to top it already. Just because YOU can't OC your card and for some dumb reason are underclocking and telling others to do the same, need to stop it already. Part of the reason might be you are using Afterburner and OSD. I've been using Precision X 16 with K-boost ON and a very mild OC of +50 core +100 memory (card will OC to +250 core +460 memory and is stable in Heaven) so as to avoid random crashes that occur with high OCing on some games. I'm also around 60 hours in. I've not had a single in-game crash. Only crash I ever got was from alt-tabbing. If you are running a 1gb to 2gb card, more than likely your settings are too high and are over-committing VRAM and the card's crashing once a highly card intensive screen is being rendered.

People don't seem to understand that your VRAM has to be available and you need RAM available. Just because your 770 is OK with some games or you are SLI'ing it, doesn't mean you can over commit your VRAM.

EDIT: I'm also running windowed mode (stops screen tearing) with v-sync OFF, game manually capped at 60 FPSin-game settings (30 fps is too choppy), AF @16, AA @ 2, every setting that improves image quality from nvidia settings turned ON, pre-rendered frames at 4, physx set to GTX 970, and anything that doesn't make the screen look better, OFF like triple buffering is off since vsync is OFF. Absolutely NO stuttering. I'm even running hairworks on 2.

If your card isn't up to snuff, turn hairworks OFF. Some reports earlyon were saying it gobbled up a ton of performance. Might be why the GTX 9xx cards are doing so well when the older GTX7xx cards are suffering. Turn it OFF and see if the game improves. From there, turn AA off. How's the FPS now? Set shadows to low, and turn textures to high. Even weaker cards should be able to blast through the game with those recommendations.

Last edited:
I went from 1.03 to 1.05 and the loot pickup is bugged. I pressed E to loot and now I can't do it unless my mouse is hovering over the item I am looting. This is really annoying. I always used E to loot but now having to hover over the item to select it with E is troublesome. Even worse is that every time you loot an item in the list, the mouse is being reset to the middle of the screen so you have to move the mouse over again to the item to highlight it again before you can click it or press E.

Furthermore I can see the items and every time I pressed E the top item would be looted in the list. So this made it nice, So you basically screwed up the looting system. :(

that's some serious work,thank you.may i request 3 monsters as a work around for lost high stakes cards.i appreciate how the quest is designed but did not relize the cards i missed and thus played several hours overwriting my save.i have all other cards and am a bit peeved at my error.thanks again for being approachable and hard working.

I went from 1.03 to 1.05 and the loot pickup is bugged. I pressed E to loot and now I can't do it unless my mouse is hovering over the item I am looting. This is really annoying. I always used E to loot but now having to hover over the item to select it with E is troublesome. Even worse is that every time you loot an item in the list, the mouse is being reset to the middle of the screen so you have to move the mouse over again to the item to highlight it again before you can click it or press E.

Furthermore I can see the items and every time I pressed E the top item would be looted in the list. So this made it nice, So you basically screwed up the looting system. :(

That happened to me too. And, don't ask me how, now it runs correctly. BTW,

Now I can play full Workhair (or hairwork) Nvidia and no crashes at all as used to happen before 1.05.

BUT... ingredients which works with White Swallow (Rebis, Nigredo & Co) only can be crafted one by one, like the SW too. :( I'm forced to spend my one only SW potion before be allowed to crafting a 2nd or a 3rd.

@wichat you can craft white gull, Aether/Nigredo etc and then drop them, allowing you to make as many as you have ingredients available. Then pick up the loot pile.

Bit of a fiddle, but it does permit working around the issue to some degree.

Last edited:
Please make a plants pickup directly without showing that item popup window same like those water plants as I press interact key on those water plants it goes directly into my inventory so i think you should do the same thing for ground plants too as plants only produces one ingredient.

As well as i mention earlier in my post please make Interact key to take all items rather then space key as I am a KB Arrow key player my Interact button is Num 1 so every time I have to press Num 1 then space to take all items which is quite boring.

Pleaze make Numpad Enter Functional & Let us use to bind some action on it.

Please let us use Roll / cast sign / strong attack keys for dive / space too like we can use jump key for space too as withcer can't do those moves under water.

Please I just want to suggest that make key binding more easier with multiple action on same key which actions are not collapsing with each other so that we can play game quite nicely even on hardest difficulty :)

Last edited:
I've been playing a lot lately, since the patch came out, and I haven't had any crashes, at least in fullscreen mode, and I can also play with graphics almost at maximum (without Hairworks) very smoothly. I have yet to reach Novigrad (where I used to get CTD the most) but so far the game is so much more stable.

Great patch!

Please make a plants pickup directly without showing that item popup window same like those water plants as I press interact key on those water plants it goes directly into my inventory so i think you should do the same think for ground plants too as plants only produces one ingredient.

As well as i mention earlier in my post please make Interact key to take all items rather then space key as I am a KB Arrow key player my Interact button is Num 1 so every time I have to press Num 1 then space to take all items which is quite boring.

Pleaze make Numpad Enter Functional & Let us use to bind some action on it.

Please let us use Roll / cast sign / strong attack keys for dive / space too like we can use jump key for space too as withcer can't do those moves under water.

Please I just want to suggest that make key binding more easier with multiple action on same key which actions are not collapsing with each other so that we can play game quite nicely even on hardest difficulty :)

Totally agree with this.

Would also love to be able to bind both dodge and dive to num 0 and esc to pg dn.

I've been playing a lot lately, since the patch came out, and I haven't had any crashes, at least in fullscreen mode, and I can also play with graphics almost at maximum (without Hairworks) very smoothly. I have yet to reach Novigrad (where I used to get CTD the most) but so far the game is so much more stable.

Great patch!

gameworks is what makes the games crash, if you disable it, no crash at all.

I know this has been said multiple times but please fix mutagens! Both the missing stats on loading the game and the inability to craft a regular or greater mutagen if you already have one in your inventory! Thank you!

What about that yellow exclamation mark on completed quests ??? Is that a BUG ? Or Is that indicating I completed quest with Wrong way or I miss somthing in those completed quests ??

Top Bottom