Patch 1.07 - Expectations

+
Patch 1.07 - Expectations

Hi to everyone,

After lite Hotfix 1.06 all of us need a more substantial patch: what do you expect for the new patch?

I start with this:
1) Fixes about roach stutter and similar Geralt issue.
2) fixes about mutagen need to re-equipped bugs when load a save or fast travel
3) Fixes about skill broken stats
4) Fixes about long wear armor that certain times block inside geralt...bottom.
5) Fixes about shadow cascade calculations
5) last but not least a REAL Fixes about all know bugged quest.

P.S. I'm a professional dreamer.

Last edited:
Hi to everyone,

After lite Hotfix 1.06 all of us need a more substantial patch: what do you expect for the new patch?

I start with this:
1) Fixes about roach stutter and similar Geralt issue.
2) fixes about mutagen need to re-equipped bugs when load a save or fast travel
3) Fixes about skill broken stats
4) Fixes about long wear armor that certain times block inside geralt...bottom.
5) Fixes about shadow cascade calculations
5) last but not least a REAL Fixes about all know bugged quest.

P.S. I'm a professional dreamer.

I'm most concerned with the numerous and glaring visual defects. Specifically: horrendous NPC pop-in, flat sea water, horse walking stutter

Overall improvements need to be made to the graphics/lighting as well.

Last edited:
My wishes for 1.07 and further updates:

1. possibility of splitting and merging items in the inventory menu with the rpg-standard shift or strg (very important for me).!!!
2. very much better sorting system: REALLY alphabeting and very much better group-sorting (e. g. the alcohol-items and the paste-items aren't sorted) OR other filters AND also automatic sorting after selling and/or buying in my inventory AND mainly in the inventory of the vendor/merchant/blacksmith (not as after new loading a save. Automatic please)!!!
3. to fix the world-map-display so, that really all vendors/merchants/blacksmith are displayed, also in distanceIIII
4. to fix the bug with disappearing npcs/vendors/merchants/blacksmiths/inkeepers/landlords
5. not expect, but I wish to overhaul the minimap relating to put on every little path and way and delete the pathes and ways, that are only on the minimap.
6. to fix the non approachable Vendors/Merchants/Blacksmiths/Landlords/Innkeepers-Bug, especially where/when the vendor/merchant is exchanged with a BUGED-Vendor/Merchant. So iin progress game this bug is increased. This is very annoying. PLEASE FIX IT.
7. to fix the logic-bug: You CAN loot packages in the water, BUT YOU CAN'T loot drowners, you killed with the crossbow in the water!!!
8. to make the climbing-ingame-application better for climbing out of the sloughs ("you cannot do it"!!!)
9. a wish (very important): Add item-comparion for more items as önly for weapons and armors. Special here: FOR HORSE-EQUIPMENT.
10. fix the aiming-accuracy of the signs (specially aard) at the flanks of the hills
11. for the witcher-universum-immersion in the game: I have a big wish: Give us please the possibility of burning (with igni) all human corpses into burned corpses. Of couse, the burned corpses would be disabled after a time. But in my eyes this all-burning-application would improve the witcher-universum-immersion immense! Specially relating to the issues diseases and curses!
12. fix the bugs in the DLC "Fool's Gold" with the patch 1.07! Please! Thanks!
13. I can confirm: There is still remaining a rune-glyph-crafting-bug with version 1.06. Not perhaps with all glyhes and runes. But for me it is with the lesser fire-glyph. I can only two little of them crafting to normal fire-glyphes also I have a an even amount higher than two: Very annoying for me, because I have specialized me in fire/igni. So please fix it with 1.07.
14 fix the no-progress-bug for the '"The Creature from the Oxenfurt Forest" in this case you kill the archgriffin, before you talk to Hans.

PS A little off-topic, but I don't know where to post: I know, because of my IT-experience, Marcin Momot has the position of a "bumper/buffer". That is not a good position, because he must reading a lot of very harsh critism. (it is never a good position). So this time I can praise him and the patch-supporting team, because of the solution to make the world-border/frontier visible on the minimap. I like it very much and it helps me very much . But I don't know: Was it improved with patch 1.05 or 1.06.?

Last edited:
I'm most concerned with the numerous and glaring visual defects. Specifically: horrendous NPC pop-in, flat sea water, horse walking stutter

Overall improvements need to be made to the graphics/lighting as well.

Damn, i forget to mention the horrible Npc-pop distance... Holy Melitele!

Bring back the old interface and the font on the PC as in version 1.04 or make a choice font and type interface!!!

All id like is specific detail on exactly what they change if they do some mystery fixes to "improve performance". Some of the PC crowd think through our configs, and would really appreciate knowing about what setting was buffed or nerfed so we can undo/modify it ourselves in case it doesn't work out on our machines.

All id like is specific detail on exactly what they change if they do some mystery fixes to "improve performance". Some of the PC crowd think through our configs, and would really appreciate knowing about what setting was buffed or nerfed so we can undo/modify it ourselves in case it doesn't work out on our machines.

If CDPR's past performance improvements are any indication, they will not only make the game run worse but more importantly look worse.

Some things that in theory should be really easy to put into the game would be nice, like:

- option to turn off auto-drawing and auto-sheathing of swords
- option to have Hairworks enabled for everything but Geralt
- option to have Hairworks enabled just for Geralt's beard
- possibility to sell or dismantle crossbow bolts
- possibility to use offensive signs like Aard while on horseback
- dedicated inventory category just for books, letters, notes, etc
- option to turn off auto-refilling for alchemical items
- smoother, less choppy steering animation for Geralt while on a boat
- inclusion of some kind of stash which can be accessed at certain locations like inns, taverns or abandoned Witcher hideouts

Still using 1.03 as non of the bugs I've reported have been fixed even though they are known...and we are working on them.

Fix for the random crashes in menu when equipping items please (and yes I've tried full screen/and borderless/ max performance in nvidia panels...)

Still waiting for turn-offable shadows and windowed mode cursor fix.... A draw distance option would be nice as well.

High Priority

1] Bug fixing for all quest
2] Fix xp for all quest [ No 5 or low xp if you are over leveled ]
3] No fun mystery spoiling level suggestion rather if its important add only colors Green / Yellow / Red
4] More Tabs & Sorting option for Inventory
5] Read / Unread Marks on Note / Book & on any other readable stuff

Mid Priority

1] Storage Chest
2] Different color for each power place on map. Blue for Aard, White for Axii, Red for Igni, Yellow for Quen & Purple for Yrden
3] Different color for other markers too.
4] Change in carry weight during dismantle / selling stuff
5] Option to turn off auto-refilling
6] Option to turn off auto-sheath
7] Extend the durability of the swords? After all Its metal & repairing them after each battle is boring & unnecessary.
8] Functional Numpad Enter

Low Priority

1] Audio Volume
2] All graphic / animation Glitches
3] Option to remove or move unwanted alchemy formulas / crafting diagrams to Junk tab

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
1. Inventory tweaks

_ Add more tabs (Books & Notes | Potions & Bombs | etc.) and give the opportunity to sort items by Name/Weight/Novelty/Price within each tab.
_ Make the "new items" more obvious. The golden asterisk is not visible enough.
_ Enlarge the inventory space displayed, to avoid scrolling that much.
_ Add a real "Junk" tab, where we put what we want to sell. And maybe a "To Dismantle" tab to.
_ Make the mutagen stack on top of each-other when they are the same?

2. Alchemy & Crafting

_ Add tabs rather than (huge) lists: Armors - Swords - Gauntlets - Trowers - etc. for crafting and alchemy.
_ Make the "Fliter" feature more user-friendly

3. Gameplay

_ Fix the remaining quest bugs that people are spotting (not far enough in the game to notice them though)
_ Add a button to toggle walk/run when using a controller on PC (having to handle the stick inclination is unpleasant)
_ Extend the durability duration of the swords?
_ Extend the "enhanced weapon/sword" duration when using the blacksmith/armorer tools (dunno the name in English)
_ Add a REAL way to store things (=chests), other than dropping items on the ground ^^
_ Make the Wolf Gear accessible BEFORE Act 2 if it is possible.

4. Graphics, Animations & Performance

_ NPC pop-ins. Please fix that. I beg you. We all beg you. (on PC)
_ Make the "Terrain" and "Details" setting actually work.
_ Improve the lighting/shadowing system in Ultra! (shadows draw further, small objects ALWAYS cast shadows etc.)
_ Make the game less "yellowish", or at least let us add some blue in it through the menu XD
_ Fix Roach animation (or the camera?) stuttering when trotting.
_ Geralt's hair still moving inside houses from time to time.
_ The funny walking peasant carrying the boxes lol.

These are improvement I PERSONALLY think would be awesome. And note that I fell bad for not saying "Please" at the beginning of each sentence =D.
Oh and THANK YOU FOR THE MASTERPIECE YOU MADE CDPRed :wub:.
I am enjoying the h*ll out of it, even with the little annoyances here and there.

EDIT : I will update this very comment with new ideas. Dunno if it will be read, but it makes me feel like I am contributing to making the world a little bit better.

Last edited:
fix for:
-graphic settings don't get saved after losing game
-gama settings, changes don't do anythng
-chests that don't open
-basic formulae and recipes for potions and oils becoming available only very late in the story
-practice in advanced alchemy quest -find Cremist's workshop, qust marker is on him

Last edited:
1.) microstutter fix
2.) a patch that will hold off future patches wich include microstutter
3.) camera panning stutter
4.) inventory npc like in the witcher 2
5.) handwrestling
6.) no more microstutter fix because reasons

Top Bottom