Patch 1.08 Notes

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
is it really difficult to be pleasant? My mistake I missed one thing...

---------- Updated at 12:09 PM ----------

One question a little off topic but according to IGN the "new game plus" is going to be the last free dlc and I am still curious about the Devils Pit in velen. The IGN article said that the new expansions are going to be new maps and might be stand alone which does make me curious about this area. Is it another quest that is going to be added or is it just never going to be? I have a ps4 and I am a little frustrated I can't seem to get in there.

Guest 3846659

The next patch will be arriving quite soon. Please check the list of changes below.

ACHIEVEMENTS:
  • Players will now be able to complete the Card Collector achievement.
  • Achievements are now working properly again and will be unlocked if players meet their requirements after installing this patch (PC version).

This is what I'm looking forward to as I have all but the 4 Leader Cards from from the Secondary Quest: High Stakes.

Also while I'm here about fixes my Secondary Quest: A Dog's Life cannot be completed after I have interacted with the chest inside the house at the end of the quest and when I reloaded to try again it just did the same thing. As soon as I enter the house the Dog disappears!?

Looks like "Of Darkness and Diary" and "Taken as a Lass" will forever occupy my quest log, unfinished.

Not to mention the bugged white icons on my map that I can't complete (Place of Haunting South of Frischlow, Abandoned Site (alter) in White Orchard, Bandit Camp in Velen).

Is there going to be a fix soon for the wolf school armor bug? I'm playing on Xbox one and I cannot open the chest that contains the note in the watch tower at kaer morhen.

Looks like "Of Darkness and Diary" and "Taken as a Lass" will forever occupy my quest log, unfinished.

Not to mention the bugged white icons on my map that I can't complete (Place of Haunting South of Frischlow, Abandoned Site (alter) in White Orchard, Bandit Camp in Velen).

The place of haunting was fixed in 1.07, if you find all the other place of hauntings then the quest completes. The abandoned site I had trouble with on first play through. The second play through I had no problem so don't know whether it was fixed or not although I did do the whole of white orchid before I moved on as was playing on death march. Which bandit camp are you having difficulty with? I have unlocked all places in velen, have you been looting the treasure as well?

Hey, now this patch is supposed to fix the gwent card achievement, but nothing is said about the quest though. Will the collect 'em all quest be fixed as well? Right now I am missing only one card and I know where to get it so I'm waiting for the patch because right now neither the achievement nor the quest can be obtained.

Really miss Tupac and Biggie. Any chance we can fight them in fistacuffs turned into a crossbow match? Biggie will say "Pappath en smooth sinth dayth of undarooth!" Over an over, and Pac can be a Scia'Tel rebel poet warrior.

---------- Updated at 01:16 AM ----------

I wanna huma slap the rich. Tell em a nice joke like "I bet your a champion of vizima, oh, wait, I used to have to go wait outside while you helped my muddah fix the bed!" Then they'd be green wit envy.

And, of course, they are removing camera auto-center, auto weapon draw, and fixing the horse animation glitch.

Goes without saying.

I mean, obviously...

A must wait patch again hahaha The Witcher is getting better and better as these patch are applied. I do not know with others but starting 1.07 I have experienced a fluid gameplay with all the bugs i complained about fixed. Its gonna be fun to have NG+ soon. Thanks CDPR

@Marcin Momot

Please fix the key config. error on PC too. While holding shift Num keys registering there 2nd function. I mean right now I am using RShift for sprint & Num 0 to Jump so while normal running Num 0 jump is working fine but if I hold RShift to sprint & then try to jump while sprinting then Num 0 is opening Inventory panel rather then jump because I bind Inventory panel to Insert button which is Num 0 optional keystroke when Num lock is off.

This error starts from patch 1.07 so please solve it asap... Thanks.

Last edited:
Really miss Tupac and Biggie. Any chance we can fight them in fistacuffs turned into a crossbow match? Biggie will say "Pappath en smooth sinth dayth of undarooth!" Over an over, and Pac can be a Scia'Tel rebel poet warrior.

---------- Updated at 01:16 AM ----------

I wanna huma slap the rich. Tell em a nice joke like "I bet your a champion of vizima, oh, wait, I used to have to go wait outside while you helped my muddah fix the bed!" Then they'd be green wit envy.

Did you run that through google translate?

Good Morning (timezone Germany)!

Can PLEASE someone from CDPR tell me, WHY the fixing of the bug with "The Creature of the Oxenfurt" isn't noticed in the changelog of the patch 1.08? The bug appears if you get the contract from the bulletin first, then you kill the archgriffin and then talk to Hans. Then you don't get any reward. (Even you have the possibility to say: "The beast is dead", but you don't get any money. Only the animation is right. And you don't hear the quest-is-solved-music/signal).

Now you can say, why are you so persistent for fixing this bug. It is only one bug under another. The CDPR sets even priorities for fixing bugs.

For me it is very annoying, that this bugfixing doesn't appears in the changelog, because I'm playing with lack of money (now I have only 118 crones ingame) because of immersion. So it is very annoying for me.

Now I want a sophisticated statement from CDPR, why this bugfixing isn't noticed in the changelog. Many thanks.

I have a question regarding the achievments:
I've finished the game on second hardest difficulty yesterday and so far, no achievments were unlocked. I should at least get the one for finishing the game and the one for finishing the game on the second hardest difficulty. So if they don't unlock until then, will the patch automatically unlock them? Or do I have to load a previous save before the final level and replay it? I'm also still missing the achievments for the fistfighting master and horse race master.

Oh and someting else: When I'm at a swordsman, the diagram for the enhanced Feline Steel Sword won't show up. I just can't craft it and therefore I'm not able to craft the superior and mastercrafted ones. Although I've had it before.

So will they fix the bug regarding the beard growth with hairworks on? It really breaks immersion seeing a Viking beard pop out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom