Patch 2.01 coming soon (known issues)

+
Anyone with an AMD GPU trying to use path tracing and it simply just doesnt work? I have an RX 6600XT (with 8gb vram, as needed by 2077 for 1080p. It seems that every light source (except the sun) doesnt cast any light trace, and its just all black. I'm trying to do the photo mode challenge but its kinda unfair when path tracing doesnt work y'know. Yes, latest drivers, just freshly reinstalled with DDU.
20231001035011_1.jpg
photomode_01102023_033014.png

Will there be an adjustment to Monowires? Seems they're the only Arms cyberware that have no attribute affinities for each type. Seems pretty odd, tbh.

I`ve been playing since the release of 2.0 on a new save in nomad in very hard xD No issues

I saw your video posting, mate use the revolver an get some aim, shoot for the heads of the shooters first then shoot the drivers last and ofc don`t shoot the vehicle. It took me two tries and let me tell you it hasn`t been not even nearly the hardest encounter, I`ve had died a LOT more times in other parts of the game.

The difficulty sliders are in games trying to cater the most audience possible or give more replayability to veterans, but they still design the game around one of the difficulties 99.99% of the times for practical reasons. You can`t with very hard? np, there`s a normal difficulty, if that is not enough for you try hard.
Friend. My question is, did you start after the release of 2.0 or DLC? Please show me a video of your passing. You write that you've been through 2 times. It means it will be easy for you to provide proof of your words. I'm really waiting, because I really want to play and I can't go through the prologue.

Anyone with an AMD GPU trying to use path tracing and it simply just doesnt work? I have an RX 6600XT (with 8gb vram, as needed by 2077 for 1080p. It seems that every light source (except the sun) doesnt cast any light trace, and its just all black. I'm trying to do the photo mode challenge but its kinda unfair when path tracing doesnt work y'know. Yes, latest drivers, just freshly reinstalled with DDU.
View attachment 11365690View attachment 11365687

More or less the same here with 6700. I turned it once for a few seconds for a sake of it on my 6700 and everything was VERY dark, almost pitch black (discussion with Evelyn after seeing the Konpeki Plaza BD at Judy's "basement").

It's clear to me they had to use any "hack" possible in the game code to make this whole thing work properly and avoid bigger issues, but still they are pretty far from a fully coherent and organic image quality. As I said, the character models are those which took the biggest hit, in one of their streams they talked about reworking the skin materials, unfortunately the end result is most of the times unsatisfying. As you pointed out, it's not only about the missing hair shadows, it's the whole thing that simply looks off. And those black patches appear also in other places, like curtains and palm trees. On the latter they just don't disappear even by getting close to them. I hope they will fix all of this. At the same time I was hoping PL was finally going to put an end to most of the visual and not visual problems the game had.
Yeah, so far RR and what seems to have been done to accommodate it's use has done more harm than good. That peculiar blackness of objects and a few characters has been there from the start. I'm pretty sure on objects is geometry that's hidden and not culled.
On trees and bushes it's probably a result of contact shaders - things like when a tree sways in the wind or your charcter nudges a bush

Contact shaders are used to fake physics interaction because the real thing is prohibitively expensive when any number of them could be on screen at once. Since it's not real geometry moving you get that bad shading as the actually geometry is completely stationary. Similarly damage states for cars have problems as pieces are removed the older visual state isn't culled fast enough. On concrete barriers it isn't culled at all - and may even be worse if they were because then the whole thing would turn black for a moment since it's so slow. What the deal with NPCs has been is something I'm not entirely sure about. I guess it's part of the NPCs body that's masked but it's still "there" in the buffer. There's a handful of NPCs that have always been like that and every single one, from what I've seen following 2.0, got worse. It's really, really bad now on 6th street gangers.

All the above isn't even taking into account the blatant visual embellishment through out the campaign. The actual content of the expansion is great so far, love the gigs, story has been entertaining, and the cars are bitchin'. But the difference between what was said/shown and what's here can be stark at times.

Below: Kind of looks like 1.63. Other than some things that may not be ideal in the open world, it's damn near perfect. Amazingly done.

Below: What it really looks like. Maxed out, everything at 11, even with Ray Deconstruction turned off.

There are moment where it almost looks like the first image, but those are fewer and far between than in 1.63; where it looked like that all the time barring an error or just low quality background NPC of course.

All that said; I'm confident they'll get a handle on it. If anyone can make it work it's the CDPR tech guys. NRD reLAX had issues when they launched PT - it caused the irridescent artifacts on textures and blood, and they sorted them out. I'm hoping I don't find more game breaking bugs that put me off before then.

Last edited:
Friend. My question is, did you start after the release of 2.0 or DLC? Please show me a video of your passing. You write that you've been through 2 times. It means it will be easy for you to provide proof of your words. I'm really waiting, because I really want to play and I can't go through the prologue.

As I said, a game started in 2.0, and yes you can pass through it xD if you don`t have FPS skills then just lower the difficulty down nothing obliged you, IF you REALLY wanted to play you already would have done that xD. And no, I`m not gonna take extra time to figure out to record and make a youtube account to upload a video to share just for you, if you want proof you can only see your aiming xD HF complaining when you "REALLY" want to play xD

As I said, a game started in 2.0, and yes you can pass through it xD if you don`t have FPS skills then just lower the difficulty down nothing obliged you, IF you REALLY wanted to play you already would have done that xD. And no, I`m not gonna take extra time to figure out to record and make a youtube account to upload a video to share just for you, if you want proof you can only see your aiming xD HF complaining when you "REALLY" want to play xD
You didn't specify whether you started the game before or after the DLC release. First there was the 2.0 update and then the DLC. But write what you can pass. Now you were able to pass or just wrote that you passed after 2.0. So far, your words are worthless. I presented evidence of a bug with first-aid kits (after talking with the sheriff, they disappeared., but the grenades remained) and the inability to pass the chase. Especially the advice to shoot the driver is very good. But no, the driver is immortal. If your words are true, prove it or keep silent. [...]

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what that means coming soon? Is it a couple of days or weeks? It's unplayable for a lot of people right now...

"Remember that these are just the highlights, so stay tuned for more details!"

here are just some more highlights u can take care off soon

-several times crash to desktop
-heavy fps drops ingame
-glitching thru the elevator floor in the mission the coop
-cant get out of the car anymore after i returned it to garage
-calling mr hands non stop
-cyberspychos instand die at 50 % hp, often the missions from the cyberspychso are heavy bugged too, so i have to restart it like 1-2-3-4 times befor i can finaly scan the object right.
-i cant die, only drop to 1 % hp
-cant jump, run, shoot or do any actions
-enemy stuck in wall shoot outside i cant shoot them
-some missions are literly unfinishable, during heavy bugs in missions
-the voice or the music drops the valume automaticly in calls or in car radio
-on "hardest difficulty" its IMPOSIBBLE killing drones or anyone who is chasing you in every mission
-Ubgrade on Tier to Tier+ is a downgrade
-cant collect the free cyberpunk ubgrade in the early mission, so cant finish the mission
-driving with keyboard and mouse is ----->HYPER<----- sensetive
-you can drive thru big trees but small bushes makes your car fly 20 meter around by full speed
-Grandes and healpacks automaticly drops out of quickdrop and changes to some completly different stuff. like from tier 3 granade to tier 2 shock granade.... WHY ?
-sometimes when i pick up heavy gun, i cant drop it anymore, even if u mouse wheel, 1-2-3 or shoot it empty it wont go off my hands
-throwing granade while reloading, make me throw the granade and heaving a full magazin after
-while crouch and dialogeskip is on "C" on PC, sometimes when u skip dialoges and the dialoge is over, V cant stop crouching and moving back up, he is doing this like 100 times a minute, unstopable

You didn't specify whether you started the game before or after the DLC release. First there was the 2.0 update and then the DLC. But write what you can pass. Now you were able to pass or just wrote that you passed after 2.0. So far, your words are worthless. I presented evidence of a bug with first-aid kits (after talking with the sheriff, they disappeared., but the grenades remained) and the inability to pass the chase. Especially the advice to shoot the driver is very good. But no, the driver is immortal. If your words are true, prove it or keep silent. [...]

Even easier than I remember, this wouldn`t be the top difficulty in many other games, 2 out of 2 times that I had to go through after OBS recording a black screen and having to resort to Nvidia`s overlay and still managed to pass this second try while missing shots like I was blind.

Idk mate, my advices seem to work for me ;)
That`s the reason why many developers implement difficulty sliders, so the game is able to cater the most amount of public as they can. This isn`t Easy, it is Very Hard, you have 3 more steps until you run out of options.

View attachment 11365690View attachment 11365687
same problem here with my 6600xt

On the ps5 I’m having a problem with my saves as well. Does this count as the corrupted saves fix, because I am getting a different text prompt for an error, not corruption. All my saves names were changed to “Phantom Liberty save”, and when I click on any of them it loads, goes to black screen, and then I get the save error.View attachment 11364892View attachment 11364895
Check to see if you have an external hard drive and internal hard drive

If the base game was on internal hard drive and Phantom Liberty on external hard drive (vice versa) this is what could be happening.

Hey, chooms! We want to give you a heads-up that Patch 2.01 will be coming soon.

Here's a list of the most important fixes and improvements that will be included there:
  • The distorted effect caused by selecting a specific dialogue option when talking to Johnny at the end of Automatic Love will no longer persist on the screen.
  • V will no longer die in The Heist by falling through the elevator when riding to the 42nd floor with low FPS.
  • Fixed an issue where the UI could show controller inputs when playing with keyboard and mouse.
  • Made it possible to properly switch to arms cyberware by cycling through weapons.
  • Gig: Breaking News will be properly triggered after approaching the quest area.
  • Vehicle radio volume will be adjusted so it's not too quiet when compared to other sounds in the game.
  • Addressed the issue of corrupted saves on PlayStation by increasing the maximum save file size limit.
    Note: this won't fix the saves corrupted before the update. If you're experiencing the issue, keep a working save (e.g. resave it as manual save) till 2.01 arrives.
  • Performance improvements for both PC and consoles, especially in the Dogtown area.
Remember that these are just the highlights, so stay tuned for more details!

(ON PC)

There seems to be a crash to desktop every time I play for a bit of time, mostly 5-10 minutes, sometimes I can get 15 minutes...this may be happening at quick saves because it happens when I do manual saves.

This did not happen when 2.0 was released, I played for hours at a time, it only started happening after Phantom Liberty rolled out. Now I can barely get time in before a CTD.

Is this one of the issues that you have not mentioned above?

Hey, chooms! We want to give you a heads-up that Patch 2.01 will be coming soon.

Here's a list of the most important fixes and improvements that will be included there:
  • The distorted effect caused by selecting a specific dialogue option when talking to Johnny at the end of Automatic Love will no longer persist on the screen.
  • V will no longer die in The Heist by falling through the elevator when riding to the 42nd floor with low FPS.
  • Fixed an issue where the UI could show controller inputs when playing with keyboard and mouse.
  • Made it possible to properly switch to arms cyberware by cycling through weapons.
  • Gig: Breaking News will be properly triggered after approaching the quest area.
  • Vehicle radio volume will be adjusted so it's not too quiet when compared to other sounds in the game.
  • Addressed the issue of corrupted saves on PlayStation by increasing the maximum save file size limit.
    Note: this won't fix the saves corrupted before the update. If you're experiencing the issue, keep a working save (e.g. resave it as manual save) till 2.01 arrives.
  • Performance improvements for both PC and consoles, especially in the Dogtown area.
Remember that these are just the highlights, so stay tuned for more details!
I hope that not being able to interact with V's radio in the apartment is being fixed in this update.

Telling us to start over fresh and even RECOMMEND us to is not how people who have had this game from the beginning want to play. I don't want to go through the chore and grind of it all.

Nothing makes me want to go back and do anything in the GAME all over. Maybe kill RIVER because F__K cops.

That is just not cool. CDPR pisses me off, it's been an entire week with no patch, people are posting massive spoilers on their headlines in youtube videos and nothing about the crashes are making headlines.

You wanted to avoid losing faith, yet here you are losing faith and hope from your fans.

I'd go back and play from the beginning if you'd made content joining one of the many gangs in Night City, each one having an ending of their own. Which seems kind of pointless anyways, there is no post game content. Starfield kicks your ass in faction quests in which you have only the Aldecaldos. One romance option for straight male V's. I can't be with Panam if EVERYONE and their MAMA's are with Panam. Anyways off topic now, Phantom Liberty is an UNPLAYABLE Masterpiece.

What the hell is the goddamn point of all this BEAUTY, if I can't enjoy walking around and taking it all in if it crashes everytime an autosave pops up?

It's pointless. Develop games for the systems you're coming out on and JUST STOP DEVELOPING them on your SUPER COMPUTERS. [...]

This is WORSE than launch, and we have no apology, no acknowlegement from CDPR. THERE ARE PEOPLE who cannot play this right now. IT IS UNPLAYABLE. RESPOND.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom