Patch Notes 11.1

+
I am new here and i really wanted to play the game but the moment i started to have some fun with this deck you ruined it ...Really you made Torres var Emreis: Highest Priest completely unplayable 14 provision card useless he cant make more than 10 point value you dont seem to think to much when you changing the cards and i really wanted to put some money in this game

I am new here and i really wanted to play the game but the moment i started to have some fun with this deck you ruined it ...Really you made Torres var Emreis: Highest Priest completely unplayable 14 provision card useless he cant make more than 10 point value you dont seem to think to much when you changing the cards and i really wanted to put some money in this game
The untransmuted Torres can still play for 18 or more very easily. If you want to play the transmuted form effectively, you need to design you deck to provide him with good replay value -- my suggestions would be either by Artaud (who also takes set up) or by either the double cross or imposter leader ability. Unfortunately, even that is not consistent -- not all opposing decks play good Torres targets.

It is unfortunate when a new player invests resources into a card that is quickly nerfed -- regrettably that is a fact of life with most collectable card games. The alternative -- allowing an oppressively broken card to run amok (spoiling the game for anyone who doesn't play that card) is even worse.

The untransmuted Torres can still play for 18 or more very easily. If you want to play the transmuted form effectively, you need to design you deck to provide him with good replay value -- my suggestions would be either by Artaud (who also takes set up) or by either the double cross or imposter leader ability. Unfortunately, even that is not consistent -- not all opposing decks play good Torres targets.

It is unfortunate when a new player invests resources into a card that is quickly nerfed -- regrettably that is a fact of life with most collectable card games. The alternative -- allowing an oppressively broken card to run amok (spoiling the game for anyone who doesn't play that card) is even worse.
Thank you for your response sir..i used most of my resorses to build that deck...I played almost 100 games this December and very few had Torres most of them were skellige raid and scoiatel decks..if Torres was so overpowered maybe you are right...

In other news, Movement is still bad. Milva is a cute card, but despite immunity, despite that monstrous mustnerf Saskia, despite massive 1 point buffs, the boar is somehow still the boar and Malena is still Malena, and they still don't play for ridiculous points. Maybe need to nerf the other milva a bit more.
It absolutely amazes me; I would have thought that multiple strong engines would make a strong deck — but after encountering this deck with a greedy harmony - Quaraxis deck, I note that even 30 point Milva and a five point per turn Gezras are insufficient to keep up the greed possible in current decks.

It absolutely amazes me; I would have thought that multiple strong engines would make a strong deck — but after encountering this deck with a greedy harmony - Quaraxis deck, I note that even 30 point Milva and a five point per turn Gezras are insufficient to keep up the greed possible in current decks.
The issues are numerous and have always been the same.

The core bronze engines are vulnerable, underpowered, interdependent and too conditional (AND not comfortably spammable, which is what Gwent currently is: The Witcher Card SPAM Game). You need all three of them on the board, and they ALL require specific sequencing and setup. Until adrenaline 3, cat witcher is a 5p 1-per-turn engine that is just way too easy to play around, especially early on, so you either spend turns and/or resources to actually GET that 1 point per turn, or you have to settle for 0.5, which, uh, name another 5p engine that does that?

There are no good R3 golds. Saskia and Simlas are R1 cards. Yeah, you can stomp the opponent and take that R1. yay! And then what? Pushing R2 is useless, because you need a long round 3, so you can't use that R1 win to drain your opponent's best cards. And then the deck is not good enough to complete with other long round 3 archetypes, because there are no R3 golds.

Milva's combo cards are the same bronze engines, which are useless in R3, Stygga Castle, which is not an R3 card, Gaetan, which is a slog to set up in R3, and Mating season which would have been nice if it didn't require 2 live targets on the board to be played, which, in this day and age is a very iffy proposition, especially in R3. Mating season is basically an R2 card. In fact, the ENTIRE Milva combo screams R2 push, but the only push possible here is for 2-0, because otherwise your R3 is dead.

Gezras lives 1 turn, in which it gets maybe 10 points of value, and if it manages to stay alive for more than one turn somehow, half of it's potential value is too easy to play around, same as cat witcher mentioned earlier. The Oak gets 14 or whatever, IF you managed somehow to keep those silly bronzes alive against the opponent's best R3 cards.

But hey, it's also really fun to play because it such a clusterf*** :D

Torres is the perfect example of current Gwent overcomplicating things. The idea seems to have been Strategic Withdrawal in card form, but instead of leaving it at that they removed the NG only condition, added Assimilate, a 4 point body and an entirely separate ability.
First of all I don't understand why the first ability couldn't be a separate card. Why this obsession with cramming everything unto one card?
And if it needed nerfing wouldn't it be more logical to start by removing Assimilate, giving it NG only and maybe nerfing the body?
Now it is just another Assimilate/Double Cross card dependent on the enemy. Nothing exciting, it won't inspire player creativity.
I'm left thinking why wouldn't you just make it like Strategic Withdrawal?

The issues are numerous and have always been the same.

The core bronze engines are vulnerable, underpowered, interdependent and too conditional (AND not comfortably spammable, which is what Gwent currently is: The Witcher Card SPAM Game). You need all three of them on the board, and they ALL require specific sequencing and setup. Until adrenaline 3, cat witcher is a 5p 1-per-turn engine that is just way too easy to play around, especially early on, so you either spend turns and/or resources to actually GET that 1 point per turn, or you have to settle for 0.5, which, uh, name another 5p engine that does that?

There are no good R3 golds. Saskia and Simlas are R1 cards. Yeah, you can stomp the opponent and take that R1. yay! And then what? Pushing R2 is useless, because you need a long round 3, so you can't use that R1 win to drain your opponent's best cards. And then the deck is not good enough to complete with other long round 3 archetypes, because there are no R3 golds.

Milva's combo cards are the same bronze engines, which are useless in R3, Stygga Castle, which is not an R3 card, Gaetan, which is a slog to set up in R3, and Mating season which would have been nice if it didn't require 2 live targets on the board to be played, which, in this day and age is a very iffy proposition, especially in R3. Mating season is basically an R2 card. In fact, the ENTIRE Milva combo screams R2 push, but the only push possible here is for 2-0, because otherwise your R3 is dead.

Gezras lives 1 turn, in which it gets maybe 10 points of value, and if it manages to stay alive for more than one turn somehow, half of it's potential value is too easy to play around, same as cat witcher mentioned earlier. The Oak gets 14 or whatever, IF you managed somehow to keep those silly bronzes alive against the opponent's best R3 cards.

But hey, it's also really fun to play because it such a clusterf*** :D
I didnt Test this milva deck, but maybe there is something you can do to acelerate The process.

The first in mind its create a deck where your bronzes Will be only "The 3 cards combo". So you can play saskia in r3 and put The cards early.

The second and problably The Best its play Golden neker deck where your gn Will put One of those units, a stigga castle and or megaescope and a special (necromancy or Royal decree). So you Will start your r3 with 3 engined already

I didnt Test this milva deck, but maybe there is something you can do to acelerate The process.

The first in mind its create a deck where your bronzes Will be only "The 3 cards combo". So you can play saskia in r3 and put The cards early.

The second and problably The Best its play Golden neker deck where your gn Will put One of those units, a stigga castle and or megaescope and a special (necromancy or Royal decree). So you Will start your r3 with 3 engined already
Not a fan of nekker decks for ST, but I saw this nekker movement list out there on the deck page, with unicorns and whatnot. Looked kinda lame, tbh, but maybe I'll give it a try.

I actually kind of made the deck work by removing all of the "movement" cards I enjoy playing: boar, malena, brigade, brehen. It plays fine now, as long as I don't run into the enslave garbage.

I

Is it realny become viable for ranked use now?
Post automatically merged:

I

Is it realny become viable for ranked use now?
I've played it in ranked only three times and won the 3 ones but must say i thought i'll lose them
Faced Keltullis
Tibor + Practitioner
And SY Blood Money
Beated Keltullis bc i pushed him to play Sabbath round 2
Beated tibor bc opponent forgot priestess have veil wich make tibor useless, and Tridam dude dont care if u have immune or not.
The deck is more focused on priestess, it is not bad, but it a little bit random u see depend of how lucky u are in drawing Melitele and their Priestess

I dont want to "enter" in the discussion above or want to say someone ia right or wrong, but i also think melitele its a garbage and expensive Card, even with those buffs.

I think The Card could be good if they rework The "reset" every round.

In that case, maybe (And really maybe) The Card can be good
I need to comeback here to assume my mistake.

Melitele is an op Card now.

The change on her make the Card be one of The bests in the game.

I assume People Will see more her being played and Will cry for a nerf, but i dont think it need.

For make her full value you need to build a deck all around her and for one reason she is gone (mill, vilgefortz, ihashit and etc) you Will lose.

So she is in a state where a nerf in provision Thats makes almost no diference and a nerf in abillity could kill The card

I need to comeback here to assume my mistake.

Melitele is an op Card now.

The change on her make the Card be one of The bests in the game.

I assume People Will see more her being played and Will cry for a nerf, but i dont think it need.

For make her full value you need to build a deck all around her and for one reason she is gone (mill, vilgefortz, ihashit and etc) you Will lose.

So she is in a state where a nerf in provision Thats makes almost no diference and a nerf in abillity could kill The card
woul You mind to explain to me how than utilize melitele and how to build a deck? i have very descent WR with priestess deck, but melitele even wiem shuffled many Times was in the end of the Day 8 body 7 boost card -without tridam synergy so what I do wrong?

woul You mind to explain to me how than utilize melitele and how to build a deck? i have very descent WR with priestess deck, but melitele even wiem shuffled many Times was in the end of the Day 8 body 7 boost card -without tridam synergy so what I do wrong?
You go on Twitch, watch Shinmiri's stream when he plays Melitele. Watch his vods from the previous few days if he isn't playing it currently -
. I sound like shinmiri shill I know.

odd the change to Ignatius Hale. I have it in my deck and its a card I did not frecuently see in opponents. they made it more vulnerable to attacks if you play it soon, but still vulnerable to gerard when having full power. Not sure what they tried to do. With the new provision cost, is it attractive to play it?

Sorry, i was too late but already answered to you.

Thats it, watch shinmiri vídeos and you Will understand it.

I am only playing that deck and só faz i should have betwen 60-70 winrate,including pro rank that i almost dont play in pro (i usually dont play in pro, but since i face some mill decks in casual i am playing in pro with this deck)

Just a random idea:
Wouldn't it be awesome to have a remove lock zeal order on a 4 provision NR card, like temple guard?

odd the change to Ignatius Hale. I have it in my deck and its a card I did not frecuently see in opponents. they made it more vulnerable to attacks if you play it soon, but still vulnerable to gerard when having full power. Not sure what they tried to do. With the new provision cost, is it attractive to play it?

Right after writing this I had a match where the opponent played it. I guess those 18 power points are attractive now. Honestly I don't know why not keep the original card and create a new one for the new description.

Hi. Would it be possible to fix Northern Realms attack spamming, please? It is not fun to play against the same strategy over and over. Just played two consecutive games where they played the same where in two different rounds each player filled the bottom row with the same attack card. View attachment 11342752

Screenshot_20230123-004304.png
Screenshot_20230123-004905.png
Screenshot_20230123-005309.png
Screenshot_20230123-005836.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom