Patch ps4 1.04 downgrade...

+
You say it hasn't been downgraded but you can't ignore all the claims people are making about there being ghost towns and a change in visuals ever since the latest patches. I'm a huge supporter of you guys at CDPR but I just want a statement that's says your aware of the change whether it being a bug or on your part.

Wow... Played it on version 1.00 with no update or day-one patch and there's a huge difference in the way blood splatter is totally missing from version 1.01 and up! Check out the video I took from my PS4 starting at the 35 second mark, you'll notice how the blood actually splatters and gets all over the lone wolf I was fighting off... I've never seen this before since I initially played the game with the day-one patch installed...

Way to go CDPR, way to fucking go....

[video=youtube;a6e8q4AcXHA?t=34s]https://youtu.be/a6e8q4AcXHA?t=34s[/video]

Last edited:
Wow... Played it on version 1.00 with no update or day-one patch and there's a huge difference in the way blood splatter is totally missing from version 1.01 and up! Check out the video I took from my PS4 starting at the 35 second mark, you'll notice how the blood actually splatters and gets all over the lone wolf I was fighting off... I've never seen this before since I initially played the game with the day-one patch installed...

Another item that was downgraded, I did not even know about this effect ....

Wow :O I'd never played the game on v1.0 and now I'm a lil bit shocked about how good the game had looked.

So @CDPR Please give us those effects and graphics back.

Last edited:

How framerate with 1.0, worse than 1.1-1.4 or same, why they remove that cool effect & add toons of buggy. i dont mind to reinsntall & play new game.

Nothing has been downgraded as of patch 1.04 on consoles. Nothing has been cut down or removed from the game. All assets/post-processes/features are still there.

You are lying or your programmers lied to you. The game is highly downgraded since 1.00, worse AA, no AF, more Popping, lower quality textures and shadow, climatic and lighting effects downgraded. The worst, shitty performance yet.

if you think treat ps4 users this way, don´t bring more games to the platform. It´s clear you can´t make a decent game if you are not using Directx api.

Thank you for the reply. So. Can you tell us when the next patch is coming? and will it fix all the frame rate problem on ps4 ( when i play, some effect like mist or dust make the frame rate drop so badly )

and do those frame-drops your affect your "skill" in anyway?? everyone complaining about frame-drops like W3's some hardcore action game like bayonneta or some crap. I'm on death march difficulty, and since day 1, I have NEVER felt like the frame-drops were affecting my gameplay in anyway. Since frame rate is a big deal for you, then why aren't you playing on PC instead??

If CD projeckt's solution to fixing the frame rate issue is downgrading the graphics, then I don't want it!

Last edited:
and do those frame-drops your affect your "skill" in anyway?? everyone complaining about frame-drops like W3's some hardcore action game like bayonneta or some crap. I'm on death march difficulty, and since day 1, I have NEVER felt like the frame-drops were affecting my gameplay in anyway. Since frame rate is a big deal for you, then why aren't you playing on PC instead??

If CD projeckt's solution to fixing the frame rate issue is downgrading the graphics, then I don't want it!

God damn you are so stupid. Shut up and go away if you don't have problem with framerate. wtf r u doing in tech support fourms

God damn you are so stupid. Shut up and go away if you don't have problem with framerate. wtf r u doing in tech support fourms

lol nice way to resort to insults when you have no other way to counter what I said. As for why I'm in tech support - read the fkn title of this thread. Better yet, lemme ask you: Why are you in a thread that's mostly concerned about the graphic of the game if frame rates are all you care about?? lol the braincells on this guy...

I've said this before and I'll say it again: W3 isn't Bayonetta or MGR! Combat is only part of the game, it isn't the game! and as far as I'm aware, the frame rate issue *does not* affect the gameplay - It most DEFINITELY doesn't make the game unplayable in anyway!

Last edited:
To add someting positive: I've got the feeling the cinematics are running better since the last patch.

lol nice way to resort to insults when you have no other way to counter what I said. As for why I'm in tech support - read the fkn title of this thread. Better yet, lemme ask you: Why are you in a thread that's mostly concerned about the graphic of the game if frame rates are all you care about?? lol the braincells on this guy...

I've said this before and I'll say it again: W3 isn't Bayonetta or MGR! Combat is only part of the game, it isn't the game! and as far as I'm aware, the frame rate issue *does not* affect the gameplay - It most DEFINITELY doesn't make the game unplayable in anyway!

I'm not even gonna argue with your stupid a$$ after this and dont even bother to read ur reply lol. There aren't games that are unplayable with low framerate, however, it does hinder your ability to enjoy the game due to many reasons people may have. Get it donkey boy? People like you have low standards and for that reason devs think it is okay to release games under 30 FPS dipping to 20 which is totally unacceptable when we were promised in the first place that game will run or expected to be30 FPS at minimum since PS4 released

I'm not even gonna argue with your stupid a$$ after this and dont even bother to read ur reply lol. There aren't games that are unplayable with low framerate, however, it does hinder your ability to enjoy the game due to many reasons people many have ). Get it donkey boy? People like you have low standards and for that reason devs think it is okay to release games under 30 FPS dipping to 20 which is totally unacceptable when we were promised in the first place that game will run or expected to be30 FPS at minimum since PS4 released

lol i stopped at " dont even bother to read ur reply lol."

I have definitely noticed less of the sun coming through trees effect when riding about, it looks quite flat now. That was the thing that first blew me away about this game, and for them to take it out is unbelivable.

I was very impressed with CDPR to start with, they seemed to be on the ball with patches and keeping in touch with their customers. They seem to have tailed off over the past week or so though, with forum silence and not saying they are aware of issues. I'm worried they are going the way of Bethesda.

Nothing has been downgraded as of patch 1.04 on consoles. Nothing has been cut down or removed from the game. All assets/post-processes/features are still there.
I can tell they are downgraded. The textures of walls, wood, terrain, NPC clothes ( except Geralts and other important NPC ). The game looks kinda ugly now.

How framerate with 1.0, worse than 1.1-1.4 or same, why they remove that cool effect & add toons of buggy. i dont mind to reinsntall & play new game.

Overall the visuals were pretty much identical, the only differences that I could see were the small visual effects such as the blood splatter and how the game overall looked "sharper". Then again it could have been my eyes playing tricks on me BUT they definitely removed the blood effects and I'm pretty upset about that, this is a dark game and that blood splatter made the overall feel of the game/fight gameplay that much better.

Also, performance was worse with 1.00 than in 1.01 and up so CDPR definitely has improved the overall feel of the game, it's just unfortunate they had to take out some of the pretty cool effects that were in the game pre-patch.

Overall the visuals were pretty much identical, the only differences that I could see were the small visual effects such as the blood splatter and how the game overall looked "sharper". Then again it could have been my eyes playing tricks on me BUT they definitely removed the blood effects and I'm pretty upset about that, this is a dark game and that blood splatter made the overall feel of the game/fight gameplay that much better.

Also, performance was worse with 1.00 than in 1.01 and up so CDPR definitely has improved the overall feel of the game, it's just unfortunate they had to take out some of the pretty cool effects that were in the game pre-patch.

Did you not notice the huge difference in the water dynamics? Try looking at the water when it's raining in 1.00, it looks great; though it causes the FPS to drop significantly. The blood not only splattered on enemies, it also splattered on Geralt too.

I do agree that overall the day-one patch (1.01/1.02) improved the game, the performance is much better, the combat feels smoother and the enemy AI is better. I would like the blood spatter back though, and of course the NPC spawning in 1.02 was much better than what we have now.

Top Bottom