[PC Patch 1.07] Nvidia Hairworks Preset

+
[PC Patch 1.07] Nvidia Hairworks Preset

Firstly, a huge thanks to CDPR to now allow PC users to adjust the nVidia hairworks settings. I especially like the Hairworks AA option, turning it down to 4x or 2x roughen the hair and Geralt's hair no longer looks like a shampoo commercial :p

I however cannot like really notice much difference; except it feels rougher between the High and Low Nvidia Hairworks Preset option. (Maybe it has something to do with my hairstyle of choice, the pony tail Geralt hair style in the beginning.)

So does anyone notice any major difference? Besides improving FPS.

Edit: Is it a tessellation setting?

I like to know aswell. I can't see any difference, also not in my fps. Though i might see a major fps impact on monsters.

I also couldn't notice a difference , it did improve my fps when you zoom into Geralt really close using a wall ....

I also couldn't notice a difference , it did improve my fps when you zoom into Geralt really close using a wall ....

I like to know aswell. I can't see any difference, also not in my fps. Though i might see a major fps impact on monsters.

Yeah, it improves fps quite a bit when the camera zooms into Geralt; like walking through tight doorways. Previously this will causes stutter on my system due to a sudden dip of fps but now this is largely gone.

Just cant seem to notice a huge difference except his hair is not so silky smooth... and that is actually a good thing. Geralt is not a gal :p

Maybe is because he has finally learnt how to jump, by since the 1,07 installed, Geralts doesn't take no ridiculous harm levels .

Maybe is because he has finally learnt how to jump, by since the 1,07 installed, Geralts doesn't take no ridiculous harm levels .

:p I am sure this has nothing to do with the Nvidia Hairworks Preset settings... but I am sure Geralt has always known how to jump. He is just not so good at landing :p maybe he has improved his landing skills in 1.07 :D

When I saw them I went straight to the NVIDIA tweaking article but found it hasn't been updated yet. This is what the config file does however:

<Option id="0" displayName="low">
<Entry varId="HairWorksGlobalStrandSmoothness" value="2"/>
<Entry varId="HairWorkstGlobalDensityLimit" value="0.35"/>
<Entry varId="HairWorksGlobalDensityQuality" value="0.75"/>
<Entry varId="HairWorksGlobalDetailLODFactor" value="0.65"/>
<Entry varId="HairWorksGlobalWidthLimit" value="2.25"/>
</Option>
<Option id="1" displayName="high">
<Entry varId="HairWorksGlobalStrandSmoothness" value="3"/>
<Entry varId="HairWorkstGlobalDensityLimit" value="2.0"/>
<Entry varId="HairWorksGlobalDensityQuality" value="1.0"/>
<Entry varId="HairWorksGlobalDetailLODFactor" value="1.0"/>
<Entry varId="HairWorksGlobalWidthLimit" value="5.0"/>
</Option>

I can only guess what each of them does, but unless it's here disguised in another name (and different values), sadly none of them seem to do anything with the tessellation factor.

*Yes, I know you AMD users have the option in the driver, but us NVIDIA users want it too.

When I saw them I went straight to the NVIDIA tweaking article but found it hasn't been updated yet. This is what the config file does however:

</Option>
<Option id="1" displayName="high">
<Entry varId="HairWorksGlobalStrandSmoothness" value="3"/>
<Entry varId="HairWorkstGlobalDensityLimit" value="2.0"/>
<Entry varId="HairWorksGlobalDensityQuality" value="1.0"/>
<Entry varId="HairWorksGlobalDetailLODFactor" value="1.0"/>
<Entry varId="HairWorksGlobalWidthLimit" value="5.0"/>
</Option>

I can only guess what each of them does, but unless it's here disguised in another name (and different values), sadly none of them seem to do anything with the tessellation factor.

*Yes, I know you AMD users have the option in the driver, but us NVIDIA users want it too.

I see. Thanks :D - Looking at the config file's value.... Maybe the difference will be more obvious on creatures like wolves and bears. Gonna go find myself some to see if I can notice the difference.

</Option>

These are just my guesses:

I think StrandSmoothness could very well apply to tessellation, how smooth the curves are for each strand (more line segments (tessellation) = smoother curves).
DensityLimit is probably a setting for how many strands of hair per measurement, how closely they're spawned - and therefore how many strands produced.
WidthLimit is probably maximum size of a strand of hair.

But they could mean other things :D

These are just my guesses:

I think StrandSmoothness could very well apply to tessellation, how smooth the curves are for each strand (more line segments (tessellation) = smoother curves).
DensityLimit is probably a setting for how many strands of hair per measurement, how closely they're spawned - and therefore how many strands produced.
WidthLimit is probably maximum size of a strand of hair.

But they could mean other things :D

Was playing with the config file and added some custom options to the slider :p

<Option id="2" displayName="custom1">
<Entry varId="HairWorkstGlobalDensityLimit" value="1.5"/>
<Entry varId="HairWorksGlobalDensityQuality" value="0.7"/>
<Entry varId="HairWorksGlobalWidthLimit" value="2.5"/>
</Option>
<Option id="2" displayName="custom2">
<Entry varId="HairWorksGlobalStrandSmoothness" value="1"/>
<Entry varId="HairWorkstGlobalDensityLimit" value="1.5"/>
<Entry varId="HairWorksGlobalDensityQuality" value="0.7"/>
<Entry varId="HairWorksGlobalWidthLimit" value="2.5"/>
</Option>

I dont think the StrandSmoothness applies to tessellation or at least it does not appear to be... I could be wrong or the values I put in are simply invalid and the engine is ignoring them. I tried StrandSmoothness values of 0, 1, 2, 3 and I can not really tell the difference.

DensityLimit is clear though. Setting the value to 0.01 and you will find that Geralt looses a lot of hair XD

DensityLimit and DensityQuality has the biggest visual impact on wolves and bears (maybe cos Geralt does not have enough hair). The higher the values, the "fluffier" the animals become....

Personally, I think I will turn some of them values down because them wolves should not be as fluffy. Their fur should be muddy and dirty, not like a dog that just got a bath :p

Anyways, it seems that we can add more slider options through the config file. This is good ^_^

Top Bottom