Performance issues 1.11

+
Performance issues 1.11

Hello, since the 1.10 (i had 1.07 before) fps don't go above 28-30 and i have a average of 22-25 for the same configuration. Before, i had 35-38fps max and a average of 27-35.

I have a I3 4160 (don't be rude with him :) ), a Radeon hd 6950 overclocking and 8gb ram. Believe it or not, but fps was quite good for a such poor processor. I deleted all my mod (otherwise the game doesn't launch...), i have hearth of stone. I tried to go back to 1.07 and of course hearth of stone didn't work (Noob...) so i don't know what to do.

Thanks !

Performance is known to have decreased after 1.10 for a lot of people, probably related to NPC pop in fix.
I suggest you update your drivers and Verify/Repair your game and then regenerate the user.settings file.

This is odd considering they've consistently downgraded the graphics with every patch. Lower texture resolutions, more shadow pop in.

laxu

Forum regular
I've noticed performance drops in Novigrad. Before 1.11 everything ran smooth as butter but now I seem to get some slowdown and judder in Novigrad. I have a watercooled, heavily overclocked GTX 980 Ti and run at 1440p.

Performance is known to have decreased after 1.10 for a lot of people, probably related to NPC pop in fix.

So it's normal? What's the point of decrease performance xD?. And what is NPC pop in fix, i don't get it^^.

I suggest you update your drivers and Verify/Repair your game and then regenerate the user.settings file.
I already did that, nothing change.

I've noticed performance drops in Novigrad

Y me too it's depend of the zone, surroudings Novigrad is hell but sometimes in Skellige fps are good.

Oh god do they even test these updates? will wait for 1.20.
I think they have in mind some part of the game and they don't see their game in general.

Last edited:
So it's normal? What's the point of decrease performance xD?. And what is NPC pop in fix, i don't get it^^.

Remember when NPCs would appear out of thin air the second you approached them?
Well that has been greatly improved after 1.10 so many of us have theorized that rendenring NPCs far away from Geralt puts a heavier load on the hardware than before, meaning decreased performance.
Of course that doesn't mean cutting your FPS in half. I myself have noticed more drops when entering crowded areas such as Novigrad, but overall the framerate remains about the same as pre 1.10

laxu

Forum regular
I don't think it's just NPCs, I got similar issues somewhere in Northern Velen (in the new areas) when overlooking a valley. Lots of grass on screen for sure but no NPCs really.

yeah, but maybe there's a way to delete some "improvement" for increase performance? can i cancel npc pop fix?

vladgiurgiubv

unequip all of your consumable slots and then fill all 4 slots with anything - no stutter anymore :)

(I take NO credit for this workaround)

Top Bottom