Performance Issues / Poor Optimization

+
I`ve the same issue , reinstalling windows / updating to latest help as per reddit posts. I`ve udpated it did not help , doing reinstall now.
@Jarex985

Hmm, 5900x w/ RTX 3080 and not seeing these issues. GPU usage hits nearly 100%, and i'm getting ~50-60fps at 3840x1600 with most settings maxed out. Ray Tracing is turned on, and DLSS on Auto.

If you aren't using the auto resolution scaling (Dynamic FidelityFX) I highly recommend turning it on. Turn min resolution down to around 80 and set Target FPS at 40 - 60 (minimum of what you can stand.. I have it set to 45.) Also good to lock your max frame rate to something closer to your Target FPS so you won't notice as much FPS fluctuation.

To anyone having the FPS locked issue I suggest updating your Windows to 2H20.

I was having problem with FPS locked to 20 and now it's unlocked! Update your Windows to 2H20.

I wrote this to CDPR,

Dear CDPR,

This is from a person who has always trusted you and always spoken well of you to people who had shit to say.

That goodwill is gone now!

I am playing (Or rather played) on a base PS4, and the game is just not up to standard at all - At certain points it is unplayable.

I think you guys pulled the curtain over our eyes on purpose, you knew full well what you were doing by not allowing current-gen footage to be shown before release - Because you knew that would hurt sales, and that is super dishonest of you! Especially considering what a shit year 2020 has been for a lot of people!

You knew that most of your units sold would be on current-gen, so I think you wilfully lulled us into a false sense of what to expect by only showing footage from top-tier PCs.

This game is currently running at 20fps at some points in the game, and giving me max 720p resolution, and that is MAX.

At some point during the first talk with DEX, I was getting 10FPS!!!!!

The game is laggy, full of game-breaking bugs and glitches and the game is graphically bad. It is super blurry most of the time, and textures look like they are from PS3.

It looks like someone took a stick of butter and blurred my screen.

GTAV looked better and performed better on PS3 at release.
RDR2 looked like a next-gen game on current-gen, yet this game looks outdated.

You should have NEVER released this as a current-gen game - You should have been honest about it - But, in the end, you are like the rest of the developers, who give two shits about their customers, as long as profit is good!

Seriously feel lied to, I feel like you got in too deep, and didn't know what to do, to get out of it.

rgrds,

a once loyal fan.

----------------------------------------------------------

And to the people on here.
It is not my TV.

All other games run smoothly!
Assassins creed Valhalla looks much better.

RDR2 was running smoothly from day 1, and was graphically a masterpiece, despite it being a huge and busy game.

I don't think I've ever been so disappointed by a video game company.

Thank you, CDProjekt, thank you for making us wait for eight years and three postponements, thank you for putting on the official page of the game that my GTX 1060 would run the game on high and not allow me to play even on low. I don't care playing at 30 fps as long as they are fluid, instead, in shootings, my fps is dropping to 15.

You have acted like the companies you have always criticized. Nvidia must have given you a lot of money to bury the entry cards and make the game accessible only to those who can afford an RTX.

Thank you, CDProjekt, for taking money out of my pocket, with a lot of effort for being unemployed and believing that at the end of the year in the middle of a pandemic, I would be able to have fun.

Thank's.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    125.3 KB · Views: 77
Reposting this, as it went to the bottom of the page.

I wrote this to CDPR,

Dear CDPR,

This is from a person who has always trusted you and always spoken well of you to people who had shit to say.

That goodwill is gone now!

I am playing (Or rather played) on a base PS4, and the game is just not up to standard at all - At certain points it is unplayable.

I think you guys pulled the curtain over our eyes on purpose, you knew full well what you were doing by not allowing current-gen footage to be shown before release - Because you knew that would hurt sales, and that is super dishonest of you! Especially considering what a shit year 2020 has been for a lot of people!

You knew that most of your units sold would be on current-gen, so I think you wilfully lulled us into a false sense of what to expect by only showing footage from top-tier PCs.

This game is currently running at 20fps at some points in the game, and giving me max 720p resolution, and that is MAX.

At some point during the first talk with DEX, I was getting 10FPS!!!!!

The game is laggy, full of game-breaking bugs and glitches and the game is graphically bad. It is super blurry most of the time, and textures look like they are from PS3.

It looks like someone took a stick of butter and blurred my screen.

GTAV looked better and performed better on PS3 at release.
RDR2 looked like a next-gen game on current-gen, yet this game looks outdated.

You should have NEVER released this as a current-gen game - You should have been honest about it - But, in the end, you are like the rest of the developers, who give two shits about their customers, as long as profit is good!

Seriously feel lied to, I feel like you got in too deep, and didn't know what to do, to get out of it.

rgrds,

a once loyal fan.

----------------------------------------------------------

And to the people on here.
It is not my TV.

All other games run smoothly!
Assassins creed Valhalla looks much better.

RDR2 was running smoothly from day 1, and was graphically a masterpiece, despite it being a huge and busy game.

The Day 1 Patch should be inculded in the installer. You can try to use the screenscale (AMD option but also works for nvidia cards) and set the resolution to 80 or 90. It gets a bit blurry but you should be able to get some decent FPS out of it.

Jarex985 has a much better computer and shouldn't be getting issues he has

Bulint02, your computer is ancient, time to upgrade, or go to a lower resolution
if computer is ancient, why cd projeckt put a 780 on minimun requirement to PLAY the game in 1080p low? acqutally a 780 cant open gog galaxy. thei bullshit

2080ti i9-9900k 32gb ddr4 and 1tb ssd, literally cannot run the game for more than 5 minutes before my cpu reaches 85+ degrees and the game shuts down :/

15-25 FPS in the city on the low-medium settings, absolutely unplayable.

RIg:
5700 XT (latest drivers)
R5 2600X
32 Gb RAM
W10 Pro
GOG Version

As you can see, my rig fits perfectly in the 1440p/Ultra graph of the system requirements provided by CDPR themselves. However, with Ultra settings I'm getting 15-19 FPS in the closed rooms and single digits in the open city. I meddled with the settings a bit, came down to medium-low + AMD Dynamic Fidelity CAS. I get 40-50 FPS but the moment I get out in the city it immediately drops to 15-25 and never goes beyond even if I'm in the closed room. At the lowest possible settings, I get 50+ FPS but the game looks like ass. It's disappointing that a 1440p GPU which is expected to run 60+ FPS @ Ultra fails to give a stable 30 FPS on the medium-low settings.

My problem is the following: I can play with a "new game", but if I die or exit the game and load the "saved game" the screen remains black with the music from the "main menu", I already updated my AMD drivers . Do I have to wait for the next patch?

The game runs perfectly for about 20-30 minutes, but then it starts getting more and more sluggish over time to the point that I have to exit the game and restart my PC to fix it. The game uses around 8%-12% of my CPU and around 90% of GPU. CPU runs at 45C and GPU hits 68C under full gaming load.

I check my RAM usage and it seems normal. So maybe the game is causing leaky VRAM? No idea.

CPU: Ryzen 3900X
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 3600
GPU: EVGA 2080 Black
MOBO: ASUS Strix X570-E Gaming
M.2: Sabrent Rocket PCIE4 2TB (OS/Game installed here)
SSD: Crucial 4TB
HDD: WD Black 8TB
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3

I am seriously lost for words...

Welcome to the same tier as Bethesda CDPR.....

Can't fathom you felt this would work... And like I said during a year like 2020 were people just need some escapism, and not more shit...

I'm from Spain and I don't want to lose more time no this, so I Will translate my message whit google's tool.

-----------------------------------------

My disappointment with the game is incredible. Really, in my fucking life I would have expected a company like CD Projekt to launch Cyberpunk under these conditions. It just got to me and after a while playing it on PS4 (just over an hour) I had to leave it because it is literally GIVING ME A HEADACHE. Poor testers who had to complete the game like this. And that I have not even gone out yet, because I could not stand playing.

I summarize the problem for you: they basically took the game and climbed it downhill without brakes. They haven't bothered to properly adapt it to the platform or launch a quality product. It is no longer a matter of it looking bad, but that it feels sooo bad when you play it. The delay is brutal, and makes it impossible for moving around the stages to be satisfactory ... Better not even talking about the shootings, practically unplayable.

I see many kids saying out there that it is the fault of the one who buys it in the previous generation. Let me tell you that you are consumerism personified. The video game was planned for these consoles, what's more, THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE LOST ANY MINUTE ADAPTING IT TO THE NEXT-GEN when its state is lamentable on platforms with the largest audience. In the end it seems that they have lost the pot from reading so much nonsense on Twitter, and it seemed like a good idea to launch the game anyway. Above they have deliberately hidden these versions before launch, saying in interviews and networks that the game was doing "surprisingly well" on PS4 and One. Come on, misleading advertising with all the letters.

And this with 4 delays behind them and dropping gems like the game could have come out perfectly before December 10, they were just "polishing it to be perfect". It is not that it is far from perfection, it is that it is not even fit to be played. On top of that, those of you who defend the company (and I say this being a very fan of them myself) you are also eating a product in poor condition, because it has been frog in absolutely all systems. But of course, nothing to do with the PS4 and One.

Anyway, I'm quite outraged, but I'll take it as one more experience. I was hoping to buy a good PC, and was actually about to pick it up just to play this game, but I decided to wait for lack of stock, hoping they would release something decent on PS4 ... how wrong I was. Anyway I'm glad I didn't, they don't deserve a fucking euro. Now that I have paid for it I reserve the right to have it on any platform that I please, since I cannot play it well on the one I chose.

Greetings.

Why do you think video gaming as a streaming service has a market now?

In order to play the latest AAA games at 4k with RTX on at a reasonable frame rate you need the latest hardware which amounts to a PC that costs a couple thousand dollars with water cooling.

Or you can just stream the game on Stadia if you have fast internet.

Did you really expect to play the game on 8 year old CPU and GPUs?

THIS IS NOT A BAD THING!!! By the time the technology is common place to play this game at 4k with RTX on at a reasonable cost, the game will look amazing for years and years to come.

I can absolutely accept that my GTX1080 can't handle this game at high so no problem but not being able to hit 50 fps at all low settings at 1440p is beyond unacceptable.

we are now at ubisoft levels of optimization.

And i forgot to mention the roblox textures because nothing loads in at all. if you drive fast no vehicles or npc's will load in so it's mostly an empty city till you slow down.

I can absolutely accept that my GTX1080 can't handle this game at high so no problem but not being able to hit 50 fps at all low settings at 1440p is beyond unacceptable.

we are now at ubisoft levels of optimization.
GPU technology has increased dramatically over the last couple of years, CPUs not so much. What do you expect?

You can play on the i9 9900k for probably another console generation or two. But playing on a top notch GPU from that time frame not possible. GPUs you need to upgrade every generation, CPUs you can keep for a generation or two.

Your trying to play the game on a GPU that is more than half a decade old...

Need to go down to 1080p or lower, and reduce settings to play on a GPU that old

Is the I9 9700k enough for Cyberpunk or do i need to upgrade? Beacause when i started the game it uses around 90% - 100% (sometimes).

Top Bottom