Perspective Thread: Third Person vs First Person debate goes HERE.

+

What type of games do you play?

• I prefer FPP games

• I prefer FPP games (but I want TPP in CP2077)

• I prefer TPP games

• I prefer TPP games (but I want FPP in CP2077)

• I like both (but I want FPP in CP2077)

• I like both (but I want TPP in CP2077)

• I have no preference

• I have NEVER completed a FPP game due to motion sickness

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am one of those who experience severe motion sickness when playing first person games. For people like me it is not about not wanting to play 1st person games, however immersive they may be, but not being able to play. I am a loyal fan of the Witcher series, with over 600 hours of Wild Hunt (and DLCs) alone, so please give people like myself a third person option so we could also enjoy your new creation!
Motion sickness exist in third person too, because don't depends by the perspective.
- You should play with nothing aroud the monitor, eliminating the cue conflicts in your environment;
- Adjust the Field of View, everyone have their own value based on the game;
- Turn off effects like “camera shake” or “view bobbing” or "blur";
- Play always with light, never in the dark because your eyes must see what you have around and not only the light of the monitor.

I had motion sickness in Skyrim, because the FoV was to low and on console they did not give me the chance to change it... :(

It's always been third person. Just do both if it really worries you guys but regardless I don't think much people will not buy the game just because it's a FPP based game. Many FPP games have been extremely successful and this could be one of those. Better yet it could be the best, leading the history of First Person games
you are comparing different communities though , the average Skilled based player does not care about stories and cinematics , they play games to test their skills and are usually into competitive gaming , while the average RPG players are more into tactical combat and strategic thinking , some are not really skilled in gaming , and CDPR is aware of this (hense the smart guns which is a pretty smart move ), and the game is targeted at those people , despite that i agree that the game will do great since it will probably does what it does best and despite it being a shooter in combat , it really is true to the RPG genre by being story focused, which in my opinion is the most important aspect of an RPG , the thing is though that i don't think the game can reach it's potential sales by excluding the TPP perspective.
regardless , whatever the CDPR decides , they made a community that truly believes in them , and those loyal customers like me will definately make sure the game does Great :))

you are comparing different communities though , the average Skilled based player does not care about stories and cinematics , they play games to test their skills and are usually into competitive gaming , while the average RPG players are more into tactical combat and strategic thinking , some are not really skilled in gaming , and CDPR is aware of this (hense the smart guns which is a pretty smart move ), and the game is targeted at those people , despite that i agree that the game will do great since it will probably does what it does best and despite it being a shooter in combat , it really is true to the RPG genre by being story focused, which in my opinion is the most important aspect of an RPG , the thing is though that i don't think the game can reach it's potential sales by excluding the TPP perspective.
regardless , whatever the CDPR decides , they made a community that truly believes in them , and those loyal customers like me will definately make sure the game does Great :))

What do you mean? There is a community that like both. Did you mean comparing two different kinds of players? Because I like to do both from time to time. I enjoy the story first then I go in ass kicking the second with the hardest possible difficulty. Though I do agree that it could possibly bring in more sales if they do both. That's why I also say that having both in the game would do wonders. I just prefer FPP because I want CDPR to revolutionize the way people see RPG. That it doesn't have to stick to the notion that all RPGS should be the same all throughout.

What do you mean? There is a community that like both. Did you mean comparing two different kinds of players? Because I like to do both from time to time. I enjoy the story first then I go in ass kicking the second with the hardest possible difficulty. Though I do agree that it could possibly bring in more sales if they do both. That's why I also say that having both in the game would do wonders. I just prefer FPP because I want CDPR to revolutionize the way people see RPG. That it doesn't have to stick to the notion that all RPGS should be the same all throughout.
i didnt mean they are exclusive , they do overlap and that's why i agree with the good sales part . but there are a lot of exclusive players on both sides , i'm just talking about the sales potential . and that's something we both agree on :))

Many was turn off by FPP and after demon many more join them not only because it is FPP but gameplay elements like combat and so on.

My friend for example was like omg CDPR this will be good they made Witcher, it will be great after hearing that Cyberpunk will be FPP he was less happy, now after demo he totaly was disapointed.

And till this point he was like omg day one pre-order for me and now he don't plan to buy it and will wait for some sale later on.

Since they are not going to add the view in the third person, I think they should improve the one they used first. They should open a little the visual field so that at least it seems that the camera is your head. That does not seem that the camera is in your chest. That when you look down you see your whole body, not just your feet. That you see your arms and that you can lower the weapon, that it does not occupy half screen whenever you take it equipped.

I understand CDPR on their FPP decision and obviously some gameplay moment are a lot better and immersive to be played in FPP.
However it's always better to give the possibility to choose between both... I for exemple always switch from FPP or TPP depending on the situation in Fallout or TES games.

I'm not looking to play a gunner in Cyberpunk 2077, so that FPP view will be less immersive for me... I want to play melee, and we all know melee doesn't work great in FPP because of the lack of body awarness.

I really hope CDPR reconcider and give the choise to the player, obviously for some moment they can still force the FPP view to keep what they imagined for the scene.
But when it's pure gameplay, player should be allowed to switch from TPP to FPP freely.

Honestly, if we look at a bigger picture, if cd projekt can or atleast show us how TPP looks like using the demo gameplay, only then player can decide which perspective works better. Because i think seeing your character walk or in action during exploration, and showing some face languages while talking while in dialouge mode can be immersive too, cutscenes is not enough because guarantee some TPP players will do a lot of exploration outside of main quest.
it works for witcher 3, why not for cyberpunk.
Or... hit two birds with one stone, add a toggle option for TPP like fallout, that online game paladins from hirez, or over the shoulder perspective like 2018 god of war and last of us.
All i do hope to see, players can toggle between TPP and FPP for certain situations cause its gonna happen eventually.
The bigger picture for this topic i think is, its gonna satisfy cd projekt original decisions to make a FPP RPG theme game and it will satisfy both types of players, TPP and FPP alike. Just like one of the options of the pole votes, " i like both (but i want FPP in CP2077) ".

CDPR please at least consider putting in a TPP option when we're just exploring the world of Cyberpunk. Maybe it is too late to ask for it during quests/ missions, but at least when we are traversing in these immensely dense locations. Watching your character interact with the others and blending in with the environment, I'm sure, is something we would all (TPP voters) like to experience. Much love and respect. Always been a fan of your work.

CDPR had a choice, and I suppose since this is still in the early stages, they kind of still do have one; is the immersion of the gamer more important to them, or is the maximum enjoyment of the gamer paramount? If it's the former, they can ignore everything said in this 20+ page topic and stick to FPP exclusively, those that don't like it can kick rocks. However, if the latter is what is most important to them, then an option to switch between FPP to TPP is absolutely necessary.

What happens with all this will say a lot about CDPR and what they really think of the gamers in relation to their games, IMO, as in are they making a game for everyone or are they making a game for themselves and just letting us experience it...I'll be watching this closely.

Great job on the demo guys, on the game, can't wait to play it.

I loved the TP combat in W3, and I love the idea of going FP on Cyberpunk, indeed for the greater immersion and also for . CDPR spend their resources better in other parts of the game in my opinion, instead on working on an eventual TP option.

Before seeing the demo I thought it would be nice to have automatic TP mode change at some moments in the game, at least when running on the walls, IF we can run on the wall (I think I remember have read this somewhere, it would be great...).

Even maybe apply some camera movement on some of these sequences. It could make awesome "cinematic-where-you-are-the-hero" fight sequences, especially in slow-mo with the reflex booster - and also would make it easier (or possible) to control the character-make some acrobatic prowess.

But... now I'm not sure if that's necessary, I mean, the game looks great in the demo and the part with the dual blades in the wall looks just awesome!

Though I still think that it would be a big + to at least have TP cinematic cutscenes, even if they are passive ones (the ones in Witcher 3 were beautiful and cinematographic, so I would think it's already CDPR plan to keep doing it! They are enjoyable moments, passive or with dialogues, that makes the game breathe while watching a bit of our own film, as well as our gear!

Keep up the great work guys

I think It would be perfect to have the Deus Ex FPP/TPP combo in Cyberpunk. It allows for more tactical combat, makes stealth game easier, but does not require to rework the game to be a TPP with optional FPP.

CDPR had a choice, and I suppose since this is still in the early stages, they kind of still do have one; is the immersion of the gamer more important to them, or is the maximum enjoyment of the gamer paramount? If it's the former, they can ignore everything said in this 20+ page topic and stick to FPP exclusively, those that don't like it can kick rocks. However, if the latter is what is most important to them, then an option to switch between FPP to TPP is absolutely necessary.

What happens with all this will say a lot about CDPR and what they really think of the gamers in relation to their games, IMO, as in are they making a game for everyone or are they making a game for themselves and just letting us experience it...I'll be watching this closely.

You make a beautiful point. Hit the nail right on the head actually.

Immersion is not based on camera but on how the world is built and how it feels.

If this was pure shooter then i would go for FPP but there's mellee weapons and acrobatics too. It's why death garden has two different perspectives, one for hunter and one for survivors. Stuff like that is best suited for TPP.

Also, for stuff outside of combat, the view is claustrophobic and is further limited by all the hud info. Our eyes have a wider view and move faster than a game camera controlled by analogs. And it feels weird when stuff just gets picked or pressed with no hand extended in FPP. Limiting view would ruin immersion more than increasing it.

And the character creator. The major reason why this needs to have TPP. People want to experience this as or through their created character, not themselves. Having such a detailed character customisation and not being able to see it in action beyond cutscenes, during which you don't control any character is a complete waste (i didn't create a character for cutscenes but for the game). I mean, it's not like it's a multiplayer game where at least others see you.

Now don't get me wrong, FPP looked nice. I believe that the best option is to give players both and let them pick what immerses them in the game and what they enjoy best. It's what i loved about skyrim. Switching camera angles based on mood and situation. And the hud wasn't limiting either. A TPP can also offer an up close and personal encounter. Look at Resident Evil 2 Remake. You can bring the camera closer to the back.

Last edited:
Immersion is not based on camera but on how the world is built and how it feels.

If this was pure shooter then i would go for FPP but there's mellee weapons and acrobatics too. It's why death garden has two different perspectives, one for hunter and one for survivors. Stuff like that is best suited for TPP.

Also, for stuff outside of combat, the view is claustrophobic and is further limited by all the hud info. Our eyes have a wider view and move faster than a game camera controlled by analogs. And it feels weird when stuff just gets picked or pressed with no hand extended in FPP.

And the character creator. The major reason why this needs to have TPP. People want to experience this as their created character, not themselves. Having such a detailed character customisation and not being able to see it in action beyond cutscenes is a complete waste. I mean, it's not like it's a multiplayer game where at least others see you.

Now don't get me wrong, FPP looked nice. I believe that the best option is to give players both and let them pick what immerses them in the game and what they enjoy best. It's what i loved about skyrim. Switching camera angles based on mood and situation. And the hud wasn't limiting either. A TPP can also offer an up close and personal encounter. Look at Resident Evil 2 Remake. You can bring the camera closer to the back.

I think, this really brought it to the point. Couldn´t describe it better. (Ican´t, thats why I quoted it :whistle:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom