Playing other games

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty awesome, I am playing an elf lady as well. I actually don't know yet which way I am going to go- spells or technology. I like the lure of the mental school, but I also want to play as a medic of sorts. We'll see :p

I am playing The Walking Dead right now, and the game is practically unplayable because of the wonky camera and strange controls- I don't know what they modeled the camera after, but a human neck does not have recoil when it reaches its turning limit. I also don't like that you need to both scroll for the dialogue option and press the number for it, it's a strange way to ask for input.

That said, I love the thrills and attention to detail, especially with that puddle in the kitchen :D Nice touch.

The Walking Dead was great! Very good way of blending adventure with dynamic story telling. The characters were developed well too. In fact, I prefer the characters in the game over the ones in the show.

I don't know what you mean by scrolling and pressing buttons for dialogue though. You can simply press the right number before time runs out, using the alphanumeric keyboard.

The controls are funky, yeah. I suppose they wanted to have a semi fixed camera angle like in traditional adventures, but I am not sure it came out right. I wouldn't call it unplayable though. Or maybe surviving the 90's made me develop a high tolerance for awkward controls.

Hm, I'll look into the controls, then. Thanks :D Yeah, I guess I am kind of spoiled by all the smoothly operating games these days, haha. But I don't know, I feel camera movement is definitely something which needs to feel well optimized no matter what type of game one is playing.

Anyone here interested in Might & Magic X: Legacy thats currenty in development and set to release somewhere in september this time under Ubisoft logo but without always online DRM?

cmdrsilverbolt said:
Arcanum is cool, I've enjoyed what little I've played of it.

Also, guys, the SR4 box art is pretty awesome. SR3 was weak as a TPS, so I am hoping for a revamp in that aspect.

SR4 is actually looking good with all the super powers and shit. I actually dressed up my character as a slutty milf super hero (fit the voice and plot lol) so I'm glad they made all these super hero stuff.

still not worth buying though

Im slowly starting a playthru of "Dont Starve"(GOG's Version).
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/dont_starve
For the moment, Im playing kind of conservative, not trying to go nuts or take many chances... :p/>

These kinds of "Tamagochi/strategy games" are superb when they hide the tried-so-many-times mechanics behind a beautiful style and appealing theme. :)/>

I played last night the PS3 demo of Trine 2 and quite enjoyed it but I still have not decided to buy it for PS3 or the PC version from GOG in order to have romanian translation.

GOG doesn't have Trine 2, only the first. You can alternatively get it directly from Frozenbyte using the Humble Store, for Win/Mac/Linux.

Trine 2 was a lot of fun. Impressive and breath taking visuals too.

Yeah, I was not explicit enough in my previous post.
I tried Trine 2 demo since I could not found the demo for Trine 1 on PS Store. I was more intrested in co-op play but it's not enabled in the demo.
Yet the game is fun so I'll buy both trine and trine 2

This is interesting. Without exclusives there's no reason to play on a console anymore :p

In fact, with the next generation of cRPG's (Wasteland 2, PE, Torment) the computer is the one getting the cool exclusives.

You mean ... .give up Uncharted and the new released and highly acclaimed The lost of us, both from Naughty Dog? Neaaaaaah!
Owning a console and a dedicated PC for gaming ... now that rocks!

Gave that Last of Us demo a go the other night. I get a sort of weird feeling from it. Throwing half on it with a friend who owns a ps3, hopefully it'll be alright. If not, meh. Kinda funny though seeing Drake run fast and shit, and this guy moves like his grandfather.

Guest 2091327

Think I played it way back, and it was a non-stop shooter.

Played 5 minutes, then I was bored.

Serious Sam is an arcade shooter. No cover, bunch of guns, including a rocket launcher ;)/> and a crowd of monsters running in your direction. For me it is a crazy mindless fun. Plus in a new game (SS BFE) settings is in modern Egypt, includes Cairo, Cairo Museum, Great Pyramid, and a lot of ancient ruins. We get to blow up a Great Sphinx a bit, in order to get into a secret chamber. If it all sounds crazy, probably because it is, but it is such a frigging fun! You can watch it on youtube, to see how it all looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom