Playing other games

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
eskiMoe said:
What's the best class in Dragon Age: Origins?

I played human noble warrior long time ago and was thinking of maybe going for mage this time. But I like big swords and heavy armor so I dunno :p/>
With mods to fix some of its problems (such as not being able to cast without sheathing your weapon), the Arcane Warrior specialization is fun. Combined with Spirit Healer or Blood Mage, it's very overpowered, however. In fact you could say full stop that it's overpowered.

You can also get a mod that will let you become a Dalish mage, and skip the Tower origin which can get repetitive.

Dwarf noble dual-wield warrior was also fun. I did a dual axe-wielder. There aren't many good axes in the game, so mods helped there, too.

Volsung said:
The rogue is overpowered, which can be fun or not depending on your preferences. Take for instance the fight against Loghain: rogue with fast dual wielding, with cunning as damage modifier, couple of daggers poisoned with deathroot extract (or something like that, paralyses enemy) and he will just stand there while you drain his health rather quickly.
Ha. Brilliant. I'll try that. ^^

eskiMoe said:
What's the best class in Dragon Age: Origins?

I played human noble warrior long time ago and was thinking of maybe going for mage this time. But I like big swords and heavy armor so I dunno :p/>

You can also make some strange class combinations. For instance, making Morrigan an arcane warrior and dressing her in full plate with a longsword is priceless. Also, make Wynne a blood mage just for the lulz.

This got me thinking, maybe the MP part of DA:I will be a coop mode where every player plays a character. It would feel a lot like running a dungeon in WoW.

Expeditions: Conquistador currently on sale at GOG.com. 465 left as I type.

Truly excellent game, recommended for fans of turn-based strategy and RPG. Excellent narrative and lots of options and tactical approaches. Combat is more elaborate and mature than games like XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

I got it from Desura months ago however because I wanted the Linux version. But hey, at least this is DRM-free, and it's on sale!

I remember you describing Conquistador a little while back. It sounded pretty fun. I think I'll grab it, thanks for the heads up, Volsung.

Finally got around to playing Knife of Dunwall DLC. Bought it on sale ages ago. It has three missions, and the first one is great so far. You get to see how they process the whales. It ain't pretty. Not really interested in Daud, but the gameplay has some nice additions and the art and level design is top notch. I'm torn on whether I want Arkane to do a sequel or branch into something else. The lore and setting for this game is strong enough for more games, more characters. And goddamn they know how to do FP gameplay.

Just for laughs:

Prepare for the fight with the Wild Hunt with Riddles of Fate Wild Hunt, point-and-click hidden objects game.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/24304/riddles-of-fate-wild-hunt-ce/index.html

It is rather nice, actually. Yes, I do play such games when I am on the road and all I have is my netbook.

vivaxardas said:
Just for laughs:

Prepare for the fight with the Wild Hunt with Riddles of Fate Wild Hunt, point-and-click hidden objects game.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/24304/riddles-of-fate-wild-hunt-ce/index.html

It is rather nice, actually. Yes, I do play such games when I am on the road and all I have is my netbook.

The "Reincarnation" series, a point and click flash game is actually pretty fun. I found out about while I was still in high school computer classes. I don't play flash games anymore but do keep up with that series.

No one's playing Deadly Premonition ? Yeah, the port isn't great, but thanks to Durante and his DPFix, the game is playable without problems, even with support of gamepads (in my case Xbox360 gamepad)-- and the game overall is just really bad, or mediocre at best, but in the end, it's maybe the best gaming experience for my in this year :D yeah, i know how it sounds, but trust me, if you like strange, not mainstream games, then this is game for you

I'm playing State of Decay right now, it's quite addictive and it really gives you the feel of being in a "the walking dead" like world.

Otokage said:
I'm playing State of Decay right now, it's quite addictive and it really gives you the feel of being in a "the walking dead" like world.
I saw the trailer, another Day Z clone? It might be fun but I am sick of those zombie games now..

First Dragons then generic RPG's now zombies and vortex graphics...
I don't want to live in this world controlled by 10 year olds.

misho87233 said:
No one's playing Deadly Premonition ? Yeah, the port isn't great, but thanks to Durante and his DPFix, the game is playable without problems, even with support of gamepads (in my case Xbox360 gamepad)-- and the game overall is just really bad, or mediocre at best, but in the end, it's maybe the best gaming experience for my in this year :D/> yeah, i know how it sounds, but trust me, if you like strange, not mainstream games, then this is game for you

Seeing it is a survival horror, maybe I will try it next :) If sounds pretty original that "open world" thing. Plus, if u like sh, have you tried "amnesia the dark descent"? If not, be ready to pee your pants!

Otokage said:
Seeing it is a survival horror, maybe I will try it next :)/>/> If sounds pretty original that "open world" thing. Plus, if u like sh, have you tried "amnesia the dark descent"? If not, be ready to pee your pants!

Yea, i know Amnesia - who doesn't :)/>.. but if you want to play DP because of the survival horror aspect, then maybe you're going to be disappointed.. the game in the Directors Cut is pretty easy - you have your pistol, which has unlimited ammo, usualy the enemies go down pretty easy, and you just aren't in any kind of danger.. the atmosphere is more like Twin Peaks - detective/thriller story in a strange little US town.. but in case of the game, with many funny and hilarious moments :D/>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom