Playstation Store

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wish they would allow for digital download of the ps4 physical version. Then, at least, we'd be able to get in on the ps5 digital. I don't understand why this isn't offered considering all the bs that the consumer is being forced to deal with. Cdpr could at least give physical copy holders the license to download it digitally.

I''m not sure I understand you, there is no PS5 version yet. The PS4 version is just backwards "compatible" on PS5; CDPR releasing actual PS5 version later this year (so they say...).

I''m not sure I understand you, there is no PS5 version yet. The PS4 version is just backwards "compatible" on PS5; CDPR releasing actual PS5 version later this year (so they say...).

I think folks are misunderstanding this question. I don't want a PS5 version. I just want to be able to play this version on my ps5 digital. Why dosent cdpr just allow physical copy holders to just have the digital license so they can throw away their old ps4 and play this on ps5 digital????

I think folks are misunderstanding this question. I don't want a PS5 version. I just want to be able to play this version on my ps5 digital. Why dosent cdpr just allow physical copy holders to just have the digital license so they can throw away their old ps4 and play this on ps5 digital????

Because it's not something CDPR can do?

Even if CDPR said you can, if Sony doesn't allow it, it's not happening. Why not direct your question to the appropriate entity - Sony?

Good point actually. I seem to remember something about PS5 upgrade, but I cant right now remember in relation to what :LOL: I saw it in too fleeting passing.

When the PS5 Version comes out anyone who purchased the game will get that upgrade for free. But Disc version owners will need to have the disc in to run it. Digital owners can just download and play it. I think the reason has to do with in theory you could return the disc after upgrading/downloading which would be like cheating the system, so you still need the disc in the system to verify ownership. That's how it works will all Upgrades Ubisoft did the same with both Watchdogs and Assassin's creed. and probably that is something both Sony and the Developers want in place... Xbox Disc version games work the same way as well.

I believe the OPs issue is that he Has a digital only PS5 so he can't play the backwards compatible version on a more powerful machine he has to play on the PS4 pro

I play on PC so not 100% sure of the PSStore, although i do own a PS. I've been a fan of Sony for most of my gaming life, and i wouldn't mind betting that part of Sony's reluctance to put it back on the store has something to do with CDPR trying to fob the refunds back to Sony/MS. If this is beef by them, (seems silly i know but CDPR are nothing compared to that goliath) it may never get back there.

I'm so disappointed with CD with this game, i almost wish they hadn't tried to do this project.

I hope Sony decides to sell this game again on the ps store as I want to eventually buy ps5 digital only. And is it so hard to copy/have 3 ps stores, depending on what PlayStation you have? It is probably running poorly on base ps4's so good thing it is not sold for these, but...ps4 pro - why not? I am running cyberpunk pretty well and I imagine ps5 users have even less problems with it.

I play on PC so not 100% sure of the PSStore, although i do own a PS. I've been a fan of Sony for most of my gaming life, and i wouldn't mind betting that part of Sony's reluctance to put it back on the store has something to do with CDPR trying to fob the refunds back to Sony/MS. If this is beef by them, (seems silly i know but CDPR are nothing compared to that goliath) it may never get back there.

....isn't Sony the same company that promoted 'life of black tiger'? Unfortunately I can't find any pics, but if that is true than - I doubt they are the good guys here:)

Last edited:
Seriously, do try to stay on topic. Or don't post in this thread.
A couple posts deleted.
Are you able to address why the PS store still doesn't offer a digital purchase of the game? I'd assume with patch 1.11 the PS4 Pro would run about the same as my Xbox One X, which is very well right now. I've been able to manage 2 playthroughs so far and only able to do so after that patch.

Also, can you confirm if we purchase a store/disk version of the game, will it be updated online to the latest patch? I see a lot of people commenting one way or the other, but would be nice to know for sure.

Yes, but without store support, are there even updates? The disc version of CP2077 is going to be 1.0. If there are no patches, even if I could buy the disc, I wouldn't want to. I would wait until it was supported with patches. Once Sony decides to list it again, it will probably take off. I am sure many potential players are just chomping at the bit waiting to complain about this game. :)
I bought the disc version for ps4 on pre-order, the patches and hotfixes still happen just fine. The support is still there but you cant buy the game on the store.

Also since about 1.06 it has played just fine on ps4. I have only paused my playthrough in the hope that 1.2 includes some police and driving fixes.

Last edited:
Are you able to address why the PS store still doesn't offer a digital purchase of the game? I'd assume with patch 1.11 the PS4 Pro would run about the same as my Xbox One X, which is very well right now. I've been able to manage 2 playthroughs so far and only able to do so after that patch.

Also, can you confirm if we purchase a store/disk version of the game, will it be updated online to the latest patch? I see a lot of people commenting one way or the other, but would be nice to know for sure.
Yes, the disk version is updated every time a patch is released. Source: I played the game on PS5.

Regarding the OP, the game will be back once it will run properly, after 3 months it still crashes on PS5, not to mention the other versions. Unpopular opinion: Sony did the right thing, companies should stop releasing early access games at full price. I hope this situation will make Sony more strict when certifying games in the future, we need more "protection" (can't find the proper English word) from scummy companies and their false advertisement.

Also, as I always say: it's just our fault if we are in this situation, pre-ordering the game told CDPR "do whatever you want, you have our money already".

P.S. better refound policy from Sony would be appreciated.

Don't want to start a console-war. But PS5 crashes often it seems. With different games.
Maybe Sony should take a look at the "OS", too. I had 2 crashes with XSX and CP (75h played). And 1 with AC:V (140h). Maybe it is easier in the moment to develop for the "PC-console". But it is not always the fault of the games alone, I think.
Sony should work with the developers together at this point, to improve the dev-tools for the PS5. Even if the devs make mistakes, there may be ways to make it easier for them. Would be a win-win for everyone. Customers, especially.
And in a few years I want to buy a PS5, too. The should fix it until then.
For me.
------

@Topic
Learning the hard way that buying hardware without a disc-drive is a risk. I"ve got a PC without one (the Win-Installation will stay for a loooong time) and really thought buying the PS5 "naked". Because 85% of the games I buy are digital, and the fat PS5 is ugly. But...

It is what it is. Tears won't bring CP2077 back in the store, either.

Been running Black Ops Cold War during its freebie week, on my base PS4, and it has crashed 4 times, around 60% of gaming sessions ending in blue screen, and is janky around the edges in much the same way CP is. Presumably sony have no problem with this, as they're desperate for me to buy a copy. On the grounds of hypocrisy alone they can do one. I'm still on the fence regarding upgrading to PS5 at some point, I love my PS's but sony, well they ain't exactly covering themselves in glory just now.

Don't want to start a console-war. But PS5 crashes often it seems. With different games.
Maybe Sony should take a look at the "OS", too. I had 2 crashes with XSX and CP (75h played). And 1 with AC:V (140h). Maybe it is easier in the moment to develop for the "PC-console". But it is not always the fault of the games alone, I think.
Sony should work with the developers together at this point, to improve the dev-tools for the PS5.
The only game that crashes on my PS5 is cyberpunk. Every 90 minutes, extremely repeatable.

P.S. both versions of PS5 are ugly, I hid mine behind the TV.

:LOL::ROFLMAO: you must have a ginormous TV! :LOL:
55"
Which is strange, as I play on series X and have had no crashes since the last patch.
2 completely different machines, nothing weird with that. CDPR has clearly privileged Microsoft due to marketing agreements, as it can be seen by the fact that the game runs better on Xbox 1S than on PS4 (which is more performing) and that PS4 pro doesn't have the choice between FPS and graphics mode contrary to 1X.

I also have a series X (behind the TV as well :LOL: ) but ofc I don't have cyberpunk for that, even though I've seen the game and it's better there than on PS5 (obviously, just backwards compatibility)

I bought the disc version for ps4 on pre-order, the patches and hotfixes still happen just fine. The support is still there but you cant buy the game on the store.

Also since about 1.06 it has played just fine on ps4. I have only paused my playthrough in the hope that 1.2 includes some police and driving fixes.
It is sad that I probably would have picked up the PS4 version of the game. I sometimes do that with games that I have played on PC because the console experience does tend to be different. I doubt I will do that now. My feeling is that Sony did this because of the refund statement by CDPR, not at all to do with quality.

Yes it wouldn't surprise me if Sony removed CP77 for other reasons and used the quality argument to get away with it:)

...tho I am good with the updates (it keeps updating), I am a little worried about expansions when they come. Haven't bought a game on a disk for so long...well it will be interesting little adventure.
....unless my never-before-used blue ray rom(?) have stopped working ofcourse...then it won't be so fun:)

Yes it wouldn't surprise me if Sony removed CP77 for other reasons and used the quality argument to get away with it:)

...tho I am good with the updates (it keeps updating), I am a little worried about expansions when they come. Haven't bought a game on a disk for so long...well it will be interesting little adventure.
....unless my never-before-used blue ray rom(?) have stopped working ofcourse...then it won't be so fun:)
Works just fine off disc (assuming you're talking bog standard PS4), loading times equivalent to a Bloodborne load for eg, or any PS2 game. No problems with the patches so far, they download merrily in the background and do what they do, the last one seemed to straight up replace a fair-sized chunk of existing, presumably disc-based program code (or maybe a previous patch?), pre 1.1 filesize was 111gb, 1.1 was 38 odd g or somesuch number, post-patch total filesize 108gb. Now THAT's magic :LOL:

Works just fine off disc (assuming you're talking bog standard PS4), loading times equivalent to a Bloodborne load for eg, or any PS2 game. No problems with the patches so far, they download merrily in the background and do what they do, the last one seemed to straight up replace a fair-sized chunk of existing, presumably disc-based program code (or maybe a previous patch?), pre 1.1 filesize was 111gb, 1.1 was 38 odd g or somesuch number, post-patch total filesize 108gb. Now THAT's magic :LOL:
My understanding is that if you buy the disc version of the game, then upgrade to PS5, you are S.O.L. and have to buy the game again. I considered that, but then it occurred to me that I might replace my PS4 with an XBox, so I might as well just buy the XBox digital version when I do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom