Please fix the audio quality for TW2

+
Please fix the audio quality for TW2

There are two major issues I have with TW2:

1 - Dialogue is really low and I have to play with headphones, just to hear what geralt is saying half the time
2 - Unable to adjust volume using multimedia keys

Issue number 2 was also present in TW3 but, CDPR fixed it. I do not believe the fix for TW2 will be all that different. I appreciate the game is no longer current but, that kind of mentality was never part of CDPR before. Please assign a few guys to sort this issue out please.

PLEEEEEEEASE.

@Lenkorn , a silly question perhaps, but have you tried the volume controls in the game's menu yet, under Options: Sound and Music? You should be able to adjust the dialogue volume there.

@Lenkorn , a silly question perhaps, but have you tried the volume controls in the game's menu yet, under Options: Sound and Music? You should be able to adjust the dialogue volume there.

HI RivenII,

Yes, I have tried lowering other volumes but it still remains an issue. I often have to turn the volume up during cut scenes and then lower it out of cut scenes. It was easier to do with steam as bringing up the overlay allowed the multimedia keys to work. But, I play all CDPR games via GoG now and cannot use this method - it was still annoying anyway.

It's a long standing issue with TW2 that was never addressed, among other things such as no Hardware Cursor settings for mouse etc. I can't believe the fix would be so vastly different from TW3 given Red Engine 2 is likely just an evolution of the original. How much would the underlying sub-systems which control this have changed?

This exact issue persisted into TW3 but they fixed this so, should easily be able to do it in TW2. Sadly, they are unwilling to dedicate any level of resources to this.

It was easier to do with steam as bringing up the overlay allowed the multimedia keys to work. But, I play all CDPR games via GoG now and cannot use this method - it was still annoying anyway.
I see. I'm not quite sure what more I can suggest. Although it does seem a bit odd that even with headphones and adjusting the volume it's still low. Do you have a similar volume discrepancy for other games, or is it just TW2? (I assume you've already toyed with the settings for you device's sound manager as well?)

Lastly, although I agree that the REDs probably don't have the incentive to patch this issue now, you can contact them via their form
. The Tech Team is usually quite good about responding, and are very knowledgeable. They may have some other suggestions, or even a workaround, of which I'm unaware. No promises, but it's worth a try. I'm very sorry I can't be more help!

I see. I'm not quite sure what more I can suggest. Although it does seem a bit odd that even with headphones and adjusting the volume it's still low. Do you have a similar volume discrepancy for other games, or is it just TW2? (I assume you've already toyed with the settings for you device's sound manager as well?)

Lastly, although I agree that the REDs probably don't have the incentive to patch this issue now, you can contact them via their form
. The Tech Team is usually quite good about responding, and are very knowledgeable. They may have some other suggestions, or even a workaround, of which I'm unaware. No promises, but it's worth a try. I'm very sorry I can't be more help!

Yep, it's just this game. Headphones makes it easier to hear which means I always have to play this game with headphones, not ideal. It's specifically just the dialogue volume that is too low. That I think is a separate issue to not being able to adjust the volume as and when needed, which is the bigger issue for me.

I have raised a ticket in the past, they said no.

Top Bottom