Please revert these changes: auto-mill & powder rewards.

+
-"Spare cards from your collection will now be milled directly after entering the Deck Builder, replacing the 'Mill Spare Cards' button."

This decision is awful. There are a lot of players that want spare cards to create a premium version at some point. This affects people that like collections. Please revert this change because of that. Give us the option to press "No" in that panel. Another solution could be a tweak in terms of the number of cards allowed. Allow 2 copies of the same Gold card if you don't have the premium version. Allow 4 copies of the same Bronze card if you don't have any premium version of that card. Easy fix.

-"Rebalance of powder nodes in Reward Book."

10/20/30 per node is a bad joke considering that the most basic premium cards cost around 100 or 200 meteorite powder, so 10/20/30 is the same as nothing. 30/60/120, 30/60/90 or 20/40/80 as minimum looks more fair to me, because now you must spend 4 times more (both in time and money) compared to the amount you needed before. You could have adjusted it to -25% instead of -75%, because with this reduction of -75% the powder system is now disappointing and it doesn't matter if you are a f2p player or a patron/supporter, it's disappointing in both cases. So please improve this change as well and buff RP (keys) in some way.

Last but not least, and this is only a suggestion, allow players to also choose their own skins in Arena mode.
v5.2.0 has some bugs (E.g. leaders being reset after the selection screen) fix them when you can.

Last edited:

Qzman

Forum regular
Well, auto-mill seems like a weird change but they probably introduced it because of limited interface available for mobile... Plus you really can't use any surplus cards so no point in keeping them, and it could have confused the newer players.

The meteorite change really seems unfair though, like a hard move against f2p players... When we could have transmuted one card per month until now which was a nice reward in itself, from now on it seems completely impossible and dust is intended to be saved for once a year purchase of some ornament... And here I thought a selling point of Gwent was to be more accessible as to draw in more players... Guess they have too many. :D

Definately agred, this update should be reverted. I was keeping cards to use for future needs because i am a casual player. Also i should get 18k scraps but didn't get a single dime..

+1

The reward tree was always something unique for gwent. Now you just robbed all new guys that just have stated. And there was an easy solution: 'going forward we'll be giving less powder from new trees'. Bam!

The automill is just awful as well. I am aiming in having a full collection of cards, CDP just showed me a middle finger...

I can agree with what Jimoyano92 wrote.
I spared a bunch of gold cards from the Iron Judgement expansion to transform them at one point to a premium version and now, they are all gone and I got a bit of scrap instead.
Moreover, as a casual player who plays only a few games per day, mainly to the first stretch goal of the day and that's it, I can say goodbye to my plans to transform these cards soon into premium versions because of the new powder politics. For collectors and casual gamers, this is a change for the worst and since the open beta, I´m considering quitting the game. :(

I´m considering quitting the game. :(

Ooh common. You're right, but no need to quit!

The collection aspect of Gwent has been neglected for a long time. It's way to easy to build your collection, and now they automill, which is bad for those who save non-premium duplicates to upgrade to premium later on. Just goes to show not much care is shown in regards to the collection aspect of the game.

But.. I never actually thought we got too much powder. I always felt we got too much scraps.

CDPR is especially generous with rewards, more generous than any other card game online. Please bare this in mind when you wonder why they changed the meteorite powder. Premiums are very cool and I'm sure they'd like to make some money on this game. They are a very fair company and you should support them by investing in meteorite powder if you want awesome holographic cards! This is an optional thing and does not affect your ability to play the game.

Thanks CDPR!

-"Rebalance of powder nodes in Reward Book."
It's an absolutely joke that this was reasoned to make the premium cards more valuable. Umm, no, the premium cards are as valuable as they ever were, it is just harder to get meteorite powder now. That's Econ 101. If you CDPR wants to actually make the premium cards more valuable, then improve them in some manner (superior animations, additional functionality, etc.)

The game is going in very bad direction all this back and forward changes, nerfing/destroying cards, limiting deck building,
for me the provision system does not work - when you change a card with 1 prov up or 1 dmg down the card is not the same anymore and thus loses its idea in the deck. And now the powder change without keeping the old trees, auto mill etc...

CDPR is especially generous with rewards, more generous than any other card game online. Please bare this in mind when you wonder why they changed the meteorite powder. Premiums are very cool and I'm sure they'd like to make some money on this game. They are a very fair company and you should support them by investing in meteorite powder if you want awesome holographic cards! This is an optional thing and does not affect your ability to play the game.

Thanks CDPR!

Yup, nobody needs premium cards to play this game, it works perfectly without too.

I'm not at all a fan of this change either. I see why they did it, in the long term it will earn them more money so hopefully it will mean the game lasts longer, with more expansions and such but I completely agree with OP.

Qzman

Forum regular
CDPR is especially generous with rewards, more generous than any other card game online
This is less and less the case though, maybe it's about time to drop the mantra.
I'm not at all a fan of this change either. I see why they did it, in the long term it will earn them more money so hopefully it will mean the game lasts longer, with more expansions and such but I completely agree with OP.
Agreed, even though it's pretty bad hopefully it helps them stay afloat with more great content for a long time.

Well, auto-mill seems like a weird change but they probably introduced it because of limited interface available for mobile... Plus you really can't use any surplus cards so no point in keeping them, and it could have confused the newer players.

The meteorite change really seems unfair though, like a hard move against f2p players... When we could have transmuted one card per month until now which was a nice reward in itself, from now on it seems completely impossible and dust is intended to be saved for once a year purchase of some ornament... And here I thought a selling point of Gwent was to be more accessible as to draw in more players... Guess they have too many. :D
so, because mobile has a limited interface, they get to screw over every non-mobile player? how nice of them...

there is actually a point in keeping them, if the cards get reworked, you get a ton of value from dusting 10 of a reworked card, this just seems like an anti-consumer tactic. and confuse new players? what kinda sub 80 iq brainlet do you have to be, to not understand that you can mill excess cards for crafting materials? like legit, i bet a 5 year old could grasp this simple concept.

Qzman

Forum regular
so, because mobile has a limited interface, they get to screw over every non-mobile player? how nice of them...

there is actually a point in keeping them, if the cards get reworked, you get a ton of value from dusting 10 of a reworked card, this just seems like an anti-consumer tactic. and confuse new players? what kinda sub 80 iq brainlet do you have to be, to not understand that you can mill excess cards for crafting materials? like legit, i bet a 5 year old could grasp this simple concept.
No, you don't. That was changed with the February patch; reworks do not provide full mill value.
This. Plus the interface does seem confusing just when you start playing... For example it took me a good week to figure out what bronze and green card below those you open in a keg mean (difference between normal and premium) and I'm hella intelligent.

CDPR is especially generous with rewards, more generous than any other card game online. Please bare this in mind when you wonder why they changed the meteorite powder. Premiums are very cool and I'm sure they'd like to make some money on this game. They are a very fair company and you should support them by investing in meteorite powder...

Thanks CDPR!
Bwahahaha 🙃:-D

Whatever...

Thanks CDPR!
LoR is just as generous.

To be fair you do get a free premium card every 7 days, for daily rewards so there is that. We will have to see what kinds of meteorite powder items they were talking about are. So not an irredeemable change. But it will make my quest of getting every premium harder.

This. Plus the interface does seem confusing just when you start playing... For example it took me a good week to figure out what bronze and green card below those you open in a keg mean (difference between normal and premium) and I'm hella intelligent.

clearly not since it should be obvious what the green represents the moment you get your 1st duplicate premium...

No, you don't. That was changed with the February patch; reworks do not provide full mill value.
so they ruined the point of storing duplicates and then removed the ability to do so...i'm starting to think this was a money making strategy more and more, just like removing the "guaranteed premium" events was.

Top Bottom