Possible deleted content involving the lodge in act 3

+
Found some deleted dialog in act 3;
Makes me wonder if Yennefer's deal with Emhyr was betraying the lodge for Ciri or something, We never do get to read that letter that is so convincing and it's never explained why Yennefer hold's such sway over Emhyr.

Feels like a whole bit of the plot involving the lodge was cut.

The file is called q502_06c_yen_about_teleport.w2scene but q502_01_ - q502_06b_ are completely missing, wonder if they were never finished or just cut for reasons...
YENNEFER: Search the beach to start…?

CONDITION 'q502_geralt_understands' TRUE
GERALT: What's next for them?
YENNEFER: Interrogation, torture… Then death, possibly. Philippa certainly.
YENNEFER: I'm not proud of myself, Geralt. But as it is, I've risked much by saving Triss.
GERALT: I understand.

CONDITION 'q309_triss_lover' TRUE
GERALT: And thank you. For helping us.
YENNEFER: No more. Please.
GERALT: Right.

CONDITION 'q309_triss_lover' FALSE
CONDITION 'q502_geralt_understands' FALSE
GERALT: Mhm.
YENNEFER: Geralt… I did help Triss escape.

CONDITION 'q309_triss_lover' TRUE
YENNEFER: Once it's over, you'll go to Kovir, live happily ever after.
GERALT: What I do once it's over is not your concern.

CONDITION 'q309_triss_lover' FALSE
YENNEFER: Why do the others even concern you?
GERALT: You serious? If that's really your question, no way you'd understand my answer.

GERALT: We need to focus on Ciri. What do you think Avallac'h wants from her?
YENNEFER: Same as Eredin, I imagine. He will use her to open a gate between the worlds.

Replaced some files to make the game trigger the dialog.

Always did feel like the lodge didn't really do much and was recruited for little to no reason.
My opinion of Yennefer has skyrocketed. Zero to hero.

Which means Triss should be dead as well...

No problem, she can die later - if the Kovirian king can be assassinated, the royal advisor can die as well.

But honestly,the games contradicted book canon many times already.Take the White Frost for example(Nimue also talks about it in Lady of the Lake).So the future of the Lodge is still unclear.

And missing Fake Ciri as well. But if it is possible, I would prefer games to be consistent with the books, there is no need for more contradictions.

@Wasaabii28

My question is : why was it written in the first place? :eek:kay::facepalm2:

Because if you read the books, you will discover that, eventually, all the members of the Lodge (except for Yennefer and Triss) were captured and tortured to death. Probably was an attempt to establish a link between the games and the books. It makes sense and, for me. it wouldn't had been totally bad. After all Yennefer is not precisely a good person (and not just Yennefer, everyone in the Witcher world has their "light and dark" sides)

Last edited:
YENNEFER: Once it's over, you'll go to Kovir, live happily ever after.
GERALT: What I do once it's over is not your concern.

Just kill that evul biatch right away, Geralt!

Seriously, did they start outsourcing the writing to muhtrissfukyen.tumblr.com?

also:

>saving Triss over Rita

they really whitewashed them into being "best friends ever" again, didn't they?

Last edited:
Sigh, I don't even know what to say about this:grunt:

Yes, it's cut content for good reason, because maybe the reds thought afterwards the same as we do now (at least I hope so), but there was still this idea to bring that into the game, it's even voiced, so it wasn't just an marginal note on a script page.

There was this chance that it is going to be used and that's just sad.

Now I am more than just worried about what else got cut and what "fixes" they are going to implement in the future, if scenes like these are still lingering around in the game and in their heads.

Ciriously, if anyone ever finds a Yen-Ciri scene that got cut, I...don't know, warn me at least, so I can prepare myself for that

Last edited:
It is impossible to capture the lodge now, the 3 of them are together and powerful!

And as soon as they are done with emhyr they are coming for Yen : D

Sorry, but I just can't see Yennefer betraying the Lodge, even Philippa.

We have seen in the game that she even asked Emhyr to grant the Lodge amnesty for helping, she does care what happens with them.

In the books there is of course some kind of rivalry between all of them, but they never hated each other to a degree that they are willing to kill each other or sacrifice their lives for their own good.

Even though the Lodge tried to use Ciri in the books, Yen still went with Ciri to the Lodge to talk, because that's reasonable.

Those are reasonable women (and men) and for all of them their own kind, sorcerers, is more important than this personal grudge. That's one of reasons why the lodge was created, to protect magic in this world and I doubt anyone from the Lodge would disagree.

No, Yen might be proud and reckless when it comes to Ciri, but she would never betray her own kind for that matter. It's like saying Geralt would kill Lambert to save Ciri, that's just bullshit, even though he is a prick.

hehe...I just pray they don't do that kind of cut in expansion.
Like it or not,If you want tough choise and darker game.This is simply one way to go.
And for such thing I won't refuse cause it's in my concept of Witcher Series.

Because if you read the books, you will discover that, eventually, all the members of the Lodge (except for Yennefer and Triss) were captured and tortured to death. Probably was an attempt to establish a link between the games and the books. It makes sense and, for me. it wouldn't had been totally bad. After all Yennefer is not precisely a good person (and not just Yennefer, everyone in the Witcher world has their "light and dark" sides)

We know that Philippa was captured and tortured to death.We know nothing about what happened with other members.

We know that Philippa was captured and tortured to death.We know nothing about what happened with other members.

All of them were captured. That's why (in the books) the people call them Saint Philippa, Saint Margarita and so on... They are martirs

Top Bottom