Possible To Spend Just A Little Of This On A Proper Mod Kit/Red Kit?

+
they made a statement already, modkit is getting updated
still not enough i'm affraid. we want a fully fledged REDkit 2 to be able to modify the game to the tinest bits of details of the game engine, but also create new lands, quests, new monsters and so on. it got so MUCH potential to turn TW3 into one of the most modded games, alongside the TES & FO series, if not surpass them.

all the Modkit can do now, is just importing/exporting/cooking files, nothing more:facepalm2:, and i doubt they'll add anything significant sadly. so don't get your hopes up .

You guys might wanna have a read on this. Bethesda's done it again. Even though they have planned DLCs in the future they'll release their modding tool anyway right from the start. CDPR please take note. That is how you support the modding community.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/09/09/fallout-4-mods/
yeah, i really REALLY hope they'll reconsider releasing the REDkit 2 at some point after the expansions.
on a side note: bethesda is planning to bring back the idea of paid mods, and they're considering making them exclusive to steam workshop :facepalm2:.
color me worried about the future of PC gaming.

on a side note: bethesda is planning to bring back the idea of paid mods, and they're considering making them exclusive to steam workshop

If that's the case, they better also consider hiring the best riot squad in the world if you know what i mean :p But I don't think they'll do it though. No one is that crazy. They say firsthand what happened when they first tried this.

Of course they did that. They saw the opportunity and took it. TW3 not releasing Redkit, they basically shot themselves in the leg. Fallout 4 can be the crappiest game ever, mods will made it outstanding.
exactly, which may take the glory away from CDPR and make them even look bad in comparaison. sure they did not promised the REDkit 2, but they talked about it for so long way before the game release, and people have been hyped about it, including myself. and now with the release of a simple and buggy tool like the MODkit, they're hurting their reputation >.<

bethesda is planning to bring back the idea of paid mods, and they're considering making them exclusive to steam workshop :facepalm2:.
Do you have a link to that little nugget? We need to get out ahead of them and let them know that is not OK.

You guys might wanna have a read on this. Bethesda's done it again. Even though they have planned DLCs in the future they'll release their powerful modding tool anyway right from the start. CDPR please take note. That is how you support the modding community.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/09/09/fallout-4-mods/

Yes, this will happen because Bethesda will not care to fix their broken messy game, as always, leaving this task to the community.

Yes, this will happen because Bethesda will not care to fix their broken messy game, as always, leaving this task to the community.

Right, and Witcher 3 is perfectly polished game from the release... Modders also have to fix and edit almost everything, but they don't have proper tools so its better, way way better, to go with Bethesda way and release messy game with full support for modders, than release a bit less messy game with minimal mod support, because at the end Bethesda game will be polished to max with countless options to adjust game to player liking, and Witcher 3 will be left at the mercy of developer which is not going to end well considering patches that have been released so far.

If they intended on putting any resources into it I'm sure it will be after expansions. I'm going to guess they never intended to release it before the release of the 2nd expansion as to not have user generated content take away from the release of theirs. But that's mearly speculation on my part.

Do you have a link to that little nugget? We need to get out ahead of them and let them know that is not OK.
i heard about it from this group on steam, so don't worry, people are already preparing their pitch forks XDD (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BoycottSteamWorkshop). and here's the link from which i've gotten the information: http://www.idigitaltimes.com/bethesda-plans-revisit-skyrim-paid-mods-after-fallout-4-459131
it's been a while since i read that article, so about the part about making mods exclusive to steam workshop might be mere speculations or rumor, but i'm positive i've seen it somewhere.

on the other hand, Todd Howard himself said during an interview that there won't be paid mods for FO4: https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3aadt9/todd_howard_confirms_no_plans_for_paid_fallout_4/

on a side note, i'm not sure a petition would be that effective, i mean many people have been voicing their interrest and concern in seeing a REDkit 2 for a long while, not only here, but also on nexus, especially modders from FO and TES, and yet nothing v_v
still, it may be worth the shot, and it may raise the awareness to the issue.

---------- Updated at 04:48 PM ----------

Actually they did.

Not '' we promise it'll be in the game '' but they hyped it up and said it will be released.

Now they say they've no plans for it. Sad.
i know, which is what i said in one of my previous posts. they didn't "promise" it, sure. but they've been teasing for almost 2 years before the game's release, and it seemed like it was a given, nobody doubted that it wouldn't see the day.
how wrong were we v_v

Last edited:
Top Bottom