Post patch 1.07: I've had enough of this game!

+
Post patch 1.07: I've had enough of this game!

Sounds like a lot of gamers will abandon Witcher 3 now including me.

Oh well, it was really fun when the game was still okay but hearing numerous people complain about glitches and what not just really want to make one quit gaming altogether.

Oh wait, I'm playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas at the moment to shift my focus away from Witcher 3. Sorry CDPR, this is just not acceptable anymore.

You create an update supposedly to patch bugged quests and mechanics, ONLY TO INTRODUCE MORE BUGS TO THE GAME.

I've had enough of this game.

Ditto, I'm shelving the game. It will be inevitably deleted from my system when I upgrade my HDD/reformatting for Win 10 and I won't bother downloading it until I hear the community speak good of a patch instead of berating it.

Not really a reason to abandon it... it's still a great game. Given the scope of all the minutia that actually effected game-play changes... I don't mind that they have had some bugs... I'm sad the achievements stopped triggering, but hopefully they will fix that soon.
In the meantime -- I will pick up some other games I have been needing to finish, help my kids prepare for next year's school, enjoy my wife's company... and chill.

At least it hasn't been an AC Unity experience...

Many bugs are related to the completion of different tasks.
1.07 ruins the whole performance of the game.
It's the most terrible patch I've seen.

Games working perfect for me, and CDPR fixed a specific issue that I absolutely did not expect them to even get to, let alone solve in 1.07. Great patch.

Seen quite a few people had issues with it, and took some time and effort to figure out why, and got them solved.

Guess some seem to want to go another route...

Actually I have never witnessed a developer caring this much about their product and their fans. Not everything is fixed, and I am waiting for the Abandoned Site Bug Fix (White Orchard) since day 1 - but the game is still playable. I will just move on to other sidequests until everything is fixed and streamlined, which I hope will happen some day. Gotta stay optimistic :) The game is too good to shelve it just yet. I appreciate the continuous service. Not everything can go right at all times.

Actually I have never witnessed a developer caring this much about their product and their fans. Not everything is fixed, and I am waiting for the Abandoned Site Bug Fix (White Orchard) since day 1 - but the game is still playable. I will just move on to other sidequests until everything is fixed and streamlined, which I hope will happen some day. Gotta stay optimistic :) The game is too good to shelve it just yet. I appreciate the continuous service. Not everything can go right at all times.

I agree,

I do feel a little sorry for them; objectively there was no reason for them to improve the inventory system, or add a stash; since the game wasn't shipped with those features. Really these features were given as a freebie, but with the overhaul, came more bugs.

I think this shows that CD Projekt is committed to improving their product. It really didn't work out as well as people had hoped with 1.07; but I can't see it being a small task overhauling the user interface while stamping out bugs within a fairly short timeframe.

I'm absolutely certain that CD Projekt wont rest until the bulk of these nasty bugs are sorted. With the expansions on the horizon, we all have a pretty decent guarantee of continued support with patches and updates at least until then. Now that the bulk of the requested new features people wanted are added, we should hopefully see some smaller, bug stomping updates released in a quicker time frame.

With two expansions planned you can expect patching probably till at least the start of next year. As for patch 1.07 I've played a decent amount on PC.

These are my "results":
-Pop in of characters greatly improved.
-Roach no longer suddenly stopping at bridges and narrow paths, but appears to not auto pilot as well as before
-Improved inventory/crafting UI.
-Stash.
-mutagen bonuses applying seems fixed.

-Skelliges most wanted, I'm unable to kill the contract monster unaware if this was introduced with 1.07, he bugs out and remains stuck in animation loop.
-autohotkey no longer works, I used this for "quick casting" signs.

I've com accross no other bugs, significant frame rate changes or graphical glitches.

Last edited:
I have been gaming for awhile now (20 years) and one thing I have realized is that some people will never be satisfied - Damned if you do , damned if you don't - That seems to be the motto in the gaming industry. If you never want to play the game again then that is absolutely your prerogative but what I find interesting is that you felt compelled to post your dissatisfaction on a forum in the hopes that a Dev would read it. We live in a time where we want more for less , we want it yesterday instead of tomorrow , we want, we want, we want - I can honestly say without a hint of regret that buying this game was the best gaming decision i have made in a long time. For me personally this game is brilliant, I enjoy every second of it whether or not there are bugs and things like that. With that said you are more than welcome to shelve your game , you are more than welcome to uninstall or never download it again , why? Because 5 minutes after refreshing this page this is just another rant which had nothing constructive to add to the community. Yes you are entitled to your opinion but you are also entitled to keep those feelings to yourself. If you needed technical support then sure , but no , you want sympathy from who knows where ....

I have been gaming for awhile now (20 years) and one thing I have realized is that some people will never be satisfied - Damned if you do , damned if you don't - That seems to be the motto in the gaming industry. If you never want to play the game again then that is absolutely your prerogative but what I find interesting is that you felt compelled to post your dissatisfaction on a forum in the hopes that a Dev would read it. We live in a time where we want more for less , we want it yesterday instead of tomorrow , we want, we want, we want
So what? They unequivocally claim that they've fixed a bug when in reality they've partially fixed. They introduce stealth fixes/alterations. They delay the patch for two weeks for "testing" purposes then release it with bugs which are the result of the patch (without fixing those bugs).

People want more? I say again, people want more? You have a very bleak , dim and pessimistic view. People want good communication and quite frankly patches that causes more issues that it solves shows that CD projekt are doing something wrong and just don't care. If MS or Sony pulled this stunt it would hurt their business and at worst they would get sued over it. CD projekt are going to release buggy patches I rather if they didn't patch at all.

Seriously, compare the patches and the problems they've caused in other games and you'll find them to be very uncommon.

Last edited:
Sounds like a lot of gamers will abandon Witcher 3 now including me.

Oh well, it was really fun when the game was still okay but hearing numerous people complain about glitches and what not just really want to make one quit gaming altogether.

Oh wait, I'm playing Fallout 3 and New Vegas at the moment to shift my focus away from Witcher 3. Sorry CDPR, this is just not acceptable anymore.

You create an update supposedly to patch bugged quests and mechanics, ONLY TO INTRODUCE MORE BUGS TO THE GAME.

I've had enough of this game.

Right .... Fallout 3 was unplayable on ps3 at least a year after release - how about that?

You are in the minority here unfortunately. For many of us this patched created more problems than it fixed.

Patch 1.07 has not done anything but improve the W3 gaming experience for me. I've already been able to get over 200 hours of fun out of this game and I love CDPR. You can tell they care as they will be supporting this game for 2 years, this isn't just a cash grab for them. Every open world game will have bugs in it and at least CDPR is still trying to fix the issues in the W3. The game may not be perfect as is but it is definitely in a decent playable state for most people. If you want to play a perfect or as close to it as you're going to get you might as well just shelve the game until it is not supported by CDPR. I also wouldn't be surprised if this last patch was rushed out the door to try and please all the people whining on the forums about how the patch is taking too long. Anyways like I said I love CDPR and I will support them by buying any expansions they have for this game and of course I will buy Cyperpunk 2077 when it's out. And here's hoping that there will be a small (or large) Ciri part in that game.

You are in the minority here unfortunately. For many of us this patched created more problems than it fixed.

I disagree with that. The forums themselves are much less active than after previous patches, indicating people are having fewer and fewer problems.

Browse through the various threads. You'll notice the wide variety of new issues and bugs, many of them making the game practically unplayable. It was nice that they attempted to give us some of the things we were asking for, but at the expense of all the new issues no thanks.

Given the fact that some (the vast majority I assume) can run the game without any performance drops or new bugs, I am convinced the "shitty 1.07 patch" is all about patching process gone wrong (+ other Steam/GOG/Windows/GPU issues). Sure it takes some time to clean install the whole game with all the latest files available directly from GOG website, but at least it keeps the bugs at bay. I've done that since 1.03 and I never experienced any problem, apart from NPC pop-ins and the funny walking guy with his box. Not a single broken quest so far...

I have nothing against this company, this was my first game from them, but.... Why there are some people in the tech support forums telling that they have no problems with the game and telling that the last patch is great ??? i cant understand that. this forum is supposed to tell them who really has problems with the game, this is not a "I have no problems with it" thread.

Guest 3841733

The problem lies within the CD Projekt Red company. Just look at all the past employee reviews. They all say that the management is poor, lacks leadership and a clear sense of direction. You can tell the way that the quests are designed, and it's no surprise that a lot of them can be easily bugged through conflict. The IP is strong, but details in design is weak. Hopefully the company will change its work ethic and structure with a little more experience. CD Projekt Red has a lot of unrealized potential, but it begins with how the team is structured and how strong the leadership is.

Top Bottom