Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
GuyN said:
I'd keep the CPU. We have no foundation for believing the next game will be so heavily CPU-bound that older 4-6 core CPUs will be overwhelmed. Especially strong ones like high-end Phenom II's or Core 2 Quad 9xxx's.

I don't know what you mean by "ancient", but nVidia cards earlier than Fermi (4xx) and AMD cards earlier than Evergreen (5xxx) are going to be excluded by the DirectX 11 requirement.
True, so far I'm keeping it, hoping that perhaps multicore usage will increase seeing as the new consoles have what 8 cores?. Games that are "optimized"(if you can even call it that) for singlethread performance work better on Intel is what I've found.

Ancient was probably exaggeration, it's an ATI(now AMD) 5770, but it is a budget card. I brought this system, when I had quite literally 0 knowledge of high end computer hardware.

I'm looking to get an 8 series card if it comes out next year before W3, probably the 2nd highest.

sidspyker said:
I am fearing for my CPU now...Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition.

I can only get 1 thing this year - a new GPU or CPU....and GPU takes precedence since mine is ancient now.
Anybody here an expert at robbing banks?

The Phenom II is a strong CPU, but I would recommend overclocking it as high as it will go. Overclocking is the best way to extend the long term viability of your CPU..

I fully expect the Witcher 3 to be well optimized for multithreading. Witcher 2 was surprisingly well optimized for multicore, and it used DX9, so it's a good indication that CDPR are very competent in such things. The Red Engine 3 DX11 renderer should be much better than the DX9 renderer in utilizing the CPU.

So yeah, definitely get a new GPU; preferably one with at least 2GB of VRAM.

Do you think that I will run it on: GTX 650 2GB OC edition, i3 4330 and 8 GB RAM? I play TW2 in 1900*1080 on high settings with 45 fps.

My best guess is that it would run, perhaps not as well as TW2 does for you. But guesses always have to be qualified with "we just don't know yet".

Yeah AMD vid.cards is a clear choice Bang for Buck and simply the fastest^^
I have very high hopes for the Witcher 3 to be an awesome game and finally a directx11 high specs game.

BlaiddGwyn said:
It's a fantastic card, buy it if you can. I would be truly shocked if we won't be able to play TW3 at max settings with solid 60FPS (all you need if you use v-sync), especially if it's a modern system (PCI-E 3 mobo, good RAM, good CPU, etc.) but still, if you have itchy palms to buy something new only so you can be ready for a game that comes out next year, well, that wouldn't be a very prudent thing to do. From everything I've read (and I've read enough) Maxwell will not be the champion we all expect. It will do amazing things for programmers and efficiency, but brute performance won't be the focus. Kepler is already there well enough. If for no other reason, just hold off for the price drops on the Kepler chips.

I don't say GTX 770 is bad card but take in concideration it only have 2gb vram and with DX11 game like TW3 it will if you want high fps and ultra settings a problem 2 gb for new modern games is of past 4gb at least is the way to go, not to mention the mods in near future for game then vram is even more importend.Unless you wanne pay 330 euro's for 4gb card?

On a side note, tonight should be a presentation from Nvidia at the CES 2014 regarding future products and it will be viewable through twtich, maybe some concrete Maxwell information at last.

Please don't dilute the thread with the hot air coming off those big GPUs. Remember that if you are not a Red Team developer or other insider, you know nothing beyond what has been released (DX11, 64-bit, APEX), no matter what you think you know.

Statements like "I would be truly shocked if we won't be able to play TW3 at max settings with solid 60FPS (all you need if you use v-sync)", "Yeah AMD vid.cards is a clear choice Bang for Buck and simply the fastest", or "with DX11 game like TW3 it will if you want high fps and ultra settings a problem 2 gb" are quite without meaning at this point.

In the worst case, you could end up persuading somebody to waste money on a GPU that is overkill or unsuitable for special features in the game, and nobody wants to be responsible for such a blunder.

EvasionDutch said:
I don't say GTX 770 is bad card but take in concideration it only have 2gb vram and with DX11 game like TW3 it will if you want high fps and ultra settings a problem 2 gb for new modern games is of past 4gb at least is the way to go, not to mention the mods in near future for game then vram is even more importend.Unless you wanne pay 330 euro's for 4gb card?

2GB of VRAM is fine if you play at 1080p and below. For 1440p and up though, 2GB can be a limitation in some of these new games like Crysis 3 and BF4.

Hello I am new to this forums and a huge fan of the witcher.
my question do you think I can run the witcher 3 with this spec. (played the witcher 2 the first time on low on my old pc because it was such an amazing game).

i7-2600
4gb RAM
NVIDIA Geforce GT 640

I am thinking that my RAM is a bit on the low side.

pyroblaster said:
Hello I am new to this forums and a huge fan of the witcher.
my question do you think I can run the witcher 3 with this spec. (played the witcher 2 the first time on low on my old pc because it was such an amazing game).

i7-2600
4gb RAM
NVIDIA Geforce GT 640

I am thinking that my RAM is a bit on the low side.

ahh.... the cpu is very good and the ram is fine but ahh..well that gpu is kinda weak,youll need to buy a new one for sure

TW3 may not be well satisfied with a 4GB RAM configuration. I do not think the game will play poorly with 4GB, but features like the seamless cell loading experience may demand more RAM.

(TW2 limited itself to 2GB, but it is 32-bit, and TW3 will be 64-bit.)

The GT 640 is about minimum spec for TW2, and my guess is it will be a barely playable minimum for TW3 -- if it's a GDDR5 version. Loading textures into the card is a slow operation on low-range DDR3 cards.

well I am surely going to upgrade for TW3 just waiting until they release the system requirements but I could run the witcher 2 on medium settings with an average of 38 fps with my GT 640.

GuyN said:
TW3 may not be well satisfied with a 4GB RAM configuration. I do not think the game will play poorly with 4GB, but features like the seamless cell loading experience may demand more RAM.

(TW2 limited itself to 2GB, but it is 32-bit, and TW3 will be 64-bit.)

Yeah I would agree with this... I listed 4GB as the minimum spec for the Witcher 3, but that was really pushing it. A machine with 4GB still has to run the OS and other programs in the background, so a machine like that will likely only have half (or slightly more) of that memory available for the game and I can't imagine a 64 bit game as large as the Witcher 3 being satisfied with only 2GB of RAM.

4GB may work on the absolute lowest settings only, below what even the PS4 and Xbox One will display; but it really depends on how aggressive or subdued their streaming and memory handling technology is.

Alextyc1 said:
You could play on minimum settings with 20 frames i suppose with that garbage :p/>/>/>/>/>

I've just upgraded my garbage memory to 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz. Maybe I'll get 21FPS per second now.

Sabertooth 990FX
AMD FX8350 @ 4Ghz 8 Core
16GB DDR3 1866Mhz
GeForce GTX780 "Gainward"

If this rig isnt gonna run on high or veryhigh i would be very very angry.

i5 3470
8gb ram
r9 270 gigabyte factory OC-ed

When CDPR gives us the official requirements, we know the game IS READY TO GO GO GO.

WindhelmGuard said:

i5 3470
8gb ram

When CDPR gives us the official requirements, we know the game IS READY TO GO GO GO.

I get what you are saying, but keep in mind that at the time of TW2 release, there was nothing that could truly run that game on very high with a decent framerate. The same might apply for 3.

WindhelmGuard said:

i5 3470
8gb ram

I think that's a decent spec PC you have. You wont have much of a problem. Don't forget even on new consoles the game is never set to maximum details.

hello. i'm a huge fan of the series since day one of the first witcher, tihs is my very first post, and i post here bcouse it's almost six months i'm upgrading my pc now to be able to play this game when it release in a ( i hope) a few months now. i will be extreamely happy if anyone of you could give me an answer to this question. so i want to play the witcher 3 at max setting super ultra every effect poissble turned on even ubersampling and be at least above a solid 40-45 fps. provided i play at 1080 p and this is my configuration

i7-2600 cpu 3.40GhZ

ram : 8,00 gb

and SLI gtx 770 2 gigabytes per card ( i am able to overclock both of them if needed)

so will i be capableo of doing that? this will be probably one of my last gaming experiences ( less and less time)
and i absolutly want to go out of the gaming experience witha bang with this game. so please tell i will be able to do it :) thank you very mutch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom