Predicted witcher 3 system specs? Can I run it .

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
All we can do is guess. It needs a reasonably modern GPU, because of the DirectX 11 requirement. Cards with 16 ROPs and 256-bit memory buses were the stated minimum for Witcher 2, and I think 16 ROPs and 128-bit (because the faster GDDR5 is common now) will be the playable minimum for Witcher 3.

Witcher 2 was visibly constrained by budgets for main RAM and VRAM, and I think Witcher 3 will want more. 8GB main RAM, 2GB VRAM.

Witcher 2 was not noticeably CPU-bound but did perform better with more than 2 cores. I think older 4 core models (Intel Q6xxx, Q9xxx, AMD Phenom II 4x) and newer 4 bogocore models (Core i3, AMD A8, AMD FX-4xxx) would be enough, if it weren't for memory bandwidth. Memory bandwidth may be much more important than CPU core count or instruction crunching, and it's the Ivy Bridge, Haswell, and AMD FX-8xxx CPUs and their chipsets that excel at this.
So a FX-4350 would do right? And also, do you think the Watch Dogs recommended system requirements are a good point to tell where Witcher 3 will go? I mean, can't go much further, can it?

FX-4350 would probably do for minimum to medium performance. There are definitely better CPUs to be had. The Watch Dogs requirements are as good a starting point as any, but we need to remember that Red Engine is a very different beast and is almost certain to have requirements that are different from anything else.

I have a laptop with a gtx660M, i5 and 4gb ram. I can run TW2 with evertything at max, with ubersampling unchecked. Do you think I'll be able to run TW3 at medium at least? Will adding 4gb of ram improve my situation? Does more ram help with open world games?

How well do you think my PC will run the Witcher 3? And on what settings?
My specs are:
CPU - Intel i-5 2500K @ 4.3 Ghz
RAM - 8 GB 1600 Mhz (G.Skill RipJaws)
GPU - EVGA GTX 570 SuperClocked *2 (SLI)
Monitor - Asus VG278H 120hz 3D (yes, the 3D cuts the frame rate in half, but looks incredible, especially in The Witcher 2)

You guys think max settings,1080p,no AA@30fps will be doable on a heavily overclocked GTX 680 ?(1398/7308 is my max OC)
I have no intentions of upgrading my GPU until the first 20nm cards hit the market.

You guys think max settings,1080p,no AA@30fps will be doable on a heavily overclocked GTX 680 ?(1398/7308 is my max OC)
I have no intentions of upgrading my GPU until the first 20nm cards hit the market.

I think that most options on high should be possible if the rest of your system is up to snuff but max is probably out of reach.
The devs have said that those wanting to max the game should save up for an upgrade, so take that to heart.

I think that most options on high should be possible if the rest of your system is up to snuff but max is probably out of reach.
The devs have said that those wanting to max the game should save up for an upgrade, so take that to heart.

That's a shame.If i can't max it out then i refuse to play the game.
Hopefully the 800 series will be out by then.

I have a laptop with a gtx660M, i5 and 4gb ram. I can run TW2 with evertything at max, with ubersampling unchecked. Do you think I'll be able to run TW3 at medium at least? Will adding 4gb of ram improve my situation? Does more ram help with open world games?

I believe 8gig are mandatory.
Besides that, if you're able to run TW2 on max now, I'd say you could run TW3 on med-high. It's usually the "utlra" setting that has the most demanding options. And as you can see in other games, even turning one thing down, while keeping the rest on max, can help with performance a lot. Also the engine was already quite polished in TW2 so I guess it only improved.

How well do you think my PC will run the Witcher 3? And on what settings?
My specs are:
CPU - Intel i-5 2500K @ 4.3 Ghz
RAM - 8 GB 1600 Mhz (G.Skill RipJaws)
GPU - EVGA GTX 570 SuperClocked *2 (SLI)
Monitor - Asus VG278H 120hz 3D (yes, the 3D cuts the frame rate in half, but looks incredible, especially in The Witcher 2)

I am gionna say high settings should be no issue as long as Nvidia has a good SLI approved driver available. They tend to have them on Nvidia games from the get go so it shouldn't be an issue. I had 2 560's on sli on a 2500k and from IIRC I got around 58 to 60 fps on ultra no Uber 1080p. What are your FPS in witcher 2? I am gonna say that Red may suprise us and optimize this new Red Engine. I feel if you run Witcher 2 decent then Witcher 3 should be just a tad lower on same hardware.

I have an I5 2500 (no K) @3.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, and a R9 280X (3GB), for 1080P. I Hope play it without frame dancing...

I have i5 3570k @ 3.4GHz. 8GB DDR3 RAM, R9 290 OC version. Can play Crysis 3 at high/very high at around 40+FPS. I hope TW3 is not as taxing as Crysis3?

I get 35-45 fps on crysis 3 with GTX 760, I think Witcher 3 will be playable at 30+ FPS with a mix of High and Ultra settings.( I hope)

I believe 8gig are mandatory.
Besides that, if you're able to run TW2 on max now, I'd say you could run TW3 on med-high. It's usually the "utlra" setting that has the most demanding options. And as you can see in other games, even turning one thing down, while keeping the rest on max, can help with performance a lot. Also the engine was already quite polished in TW2 so I guess it only improved.

does 8 gb help with the open world? i keep reading on forums that there aren't games that can use the whole 8 gb. not yet at least. don't know if tw3 will be able to do that.

does 8 gb help with the open world? i keep reading on forums that there aren't games that can use the whole 8 gb. not yet at least. don't know if tw3 will be able to do that.
Well if you're 'futureproofing' your system then get 6 to 8GB naturally, merely 4GB doesn't cut it anymore. I can tell you that the game will only work on 64bit OS and hardware, so it will use more than 4GBs of RAM.

Well if you're 'futureproofing' your system then get 6 to 8GB naturally, merely 4GB doesn't cut it anymore. I can tell you that the game will only work on 64bit OS and hardware, so it will use more than 4GBs of RAM.

Furthermore and this is just me, if the memory is cheap then there is no reason to not get as much as you can.
16gb is overkill but it costed me only a bit more than 8 and eliminates the worry about memory.

Furthermore and this is just me, if the memory is cheap then there is no reason to not get as much as you can.
16gb is overkill but it costed me only a bit more than 8 and eliminates the worry about memory.
Yeah, that's pretty good.

Depends on how long you intend to use said system as well, since DDR4 is around the corner, I think I would feel bad personally if I got 16GBs and then on my next upgrade I have to ditch that for DDR4 16GB. Would feel like a waste.

Yeah, that's pretty good.

Depends on how long you intend to use said system as well, since DDR4 is around the corner, I think I would feel bad personally if I got 16GBs and then on my next upgrade I have to ditch that for DDR4 16GB. Would feel like a waste.

Yes and no, DDR4 probably won't be that different gamewise and memory is often one of the or the cheapest parts of system.
Plus it is not like you can't use it for a different system and there is the expensive price whenever new memory is introduced.

Well no I mean usually when one does a completely system upgrade after several years... In this case, DDR4 will become the standard by then and will be mature with good speeds and tight timings and like how it is with DDR2 right now, DDR3 memory will be harder to find and expensive. That's what I meant.

Regardless, let's get back on topic >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom